Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hanging bows in your house...

hanging bows in your house...

Hey guys, have any good setups/ideas of what type and where I can get a good setup to hang my bow in the house? Looking for either some type of hook to put on the wall or even a stand to set my bow in while I'm home. I've had it layin on a few towels the past week to avoid hitting the accessories and what not on the ground...but its drivin me nuts I need something more permanent to get my bow up off the ground. Any ideas? thanks guys

I don't use anything fancy down in my basement "mancave", so a plastic dipped bicycle hook that is screwed into a floor joist works great for me. I hang it from the upper limb just below the idler wheel and that seems to work just fine. I got mine on sale at Menards for about $1.50.
    "Reality is always your friend. The reason is almost a truism.......everything else is a fantasy." ~ Dr. Henry Cloud

plastic coated bike hooks in the basement
    2010 PSE Vendetta XL, Doinker,CBE,Easton
    2012 PSE Dominator 3D Doinker,CBE,Easton
    2014 PSE Supra Max, Doinker,CBE,Goldtip Arrows.

Right next to my wifes crafts on the wall. Really adds to them.
    SPECIALTY ARCHERY/BODOODLE
    B STINGER
    Stanslawski/AXCEL SITES
    On to the best with HOYT
    GOLD TIP ARROWS

I keep my bows in their cases when not being used. But, if I did hang them up, I would use coated hooks.
    The Lord Jesus Christ is our saviour. Only he can give us eternal life.

Same thing here, just I have one that is not rounded, the bottom of the hook is flat. Probably does not matter just looks more comfortable for her : )

hummmmmm......all this time I thought they were bow hooks.........shows how much I know
    Monster , fixed broad head, Hogg It , HT-2 .001 All Around Home Repair, LLC

Not sure how to imbed url, but these guy have a nice holder. (holdupdisplays.com). Like said above I used a hook also mounted to a wooden block. Looks close to there's just not close enough.
    Your Damn Right I Hate The Steeler's ------- Go Raven's

Go to my profile...in one of my albums.....there is a picture of my bows on the wall.

Basic shelving without the boards. Just put some adhesive felt on the shelving arms to protect the strings. Go with the long arms and hang multiple bows in one spot.
    Stable full of Hoyt Bows... Home of the White Alpha Triad !! (Alpha Elite, AlphaBurner, Alphamax 35)
    Spot On Bowstrings, Fuse Carbon Blades, Doinker Stabilizers (Doink On), Axcel Sights, AAE, Scott, Bow Rattler
    Viper Sights, NAP Rests, Easton & Beman Shafts, Limbsavers, Tru-Ball.

Go to walmart in the Nail-Tool section and they have red hooks their.
    Bowtech Invasion Black Ops
    Bowtech General apg
    “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” Thomas Jefferson

This is what I did...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    H&H Archery Shooting Staff
    Control-Freak Shooting Staff T.R.U. Ball Shooting Staff
    Archeryshack Field Staff www.archeryshackstrings.com

Keep it in the case.

thanks for all the suggestions guys! Unfortunately I live in a one bedroom apartment with 15 foot ceilings lol so its tough for me to find good setups due to the fact I really can't hang anything from the ceilings. Appreciate all the responses!

Get a 3ft piece of rope tie a good hanging loop put it around top cam and kick the chair out from under it. LOL If that doesnt work just get a bike hook what I use

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store...not a government agency.

2013 Hoyt Spyder, Snow Camo w/7 pin Spot Hog Hunter/Hoyt ULTRA REST™/Fuse Sidekick stab w/Scott Rhino XT./ Orange Pro Comp Elite, Trophy Taker Rest, CBE sight, X 10 Stabilizers, Mako Pro Release

Quote Originally Posted by seelye24 View Post
    thanks for all the suggestions guys! Unfortunately I live in a one bedroom apartment with 15 foot ceilings lol so its tough for me to find good setups due to the fact I really can't hang anything from the ceilings. Appreciate all the responses!
    I bought a gun rack with storage off craigslist for $10 that holds 3 bows and hangs over my bed!
    ~ GOD, Family, Country ~
    Hoyt CRX32

I have made a couple just take a 1x6 board cut it to the length of your bow measure your riser where you want it to sit and cut to 1x2 pegs about 6inches long and screw them into the board works basically like a gun rack and you can make them look as nice as you want

I have a bow rack its just 1x4's with wood dowels, has arrow storage behind bow.. other bow i have set's on J hooks i made out of heavy sheet metal..covered of corse, just put screw in long side.. all other bows in the house reside in soft bow cases
    103_4659.jpg
    Largest case is mine, grandkids, the pink belongs to my wife, then the sons and other grandkids. makes it nice when we head to the range
    EastOutfitter staff
    Its all fun and games Until you put that big boy on the ground Now its time to get to work

http://www.cascadianbowmen.org/

Quote Originally Posted by ozzz View Post
    Keep it in the case.
    ditto...
    BowTech 101st 60/27.5... Cobra DRM... Carter 2-Shot... Gold Tip 3D Pros

I hang mine on Garage Utilty Hooks from Lowes. $1.27 each. Coated. Hang my bows on the wall like the art they are.
    Destroyer 350. Nuff said.

I have two ladder racks that are lined with a piece of foam (came with the foam), and I hung them far enough apart that I can lay them on the rack limbs down...like the holders at an indoor shoot. Don't have pics, but I can if u want.
    2012 Elite Pure; HHA OL5519; G5 Expert; Posten Slim Jim

Seeing you live in an Apartment--------the very best place to keep you bow is in a good hardcase. I have a bunch of room to hang stuff in and around my house but the very best protection is a BOW CASE. I don't care what kind of hook device you use, crap happens, things get bumped and knocked off.
    That is unless you have the need to show it off--------but then your leaving it out exposed for prying hands to mess with it. Your choice but mine is cases-------that's what they are made for.
    Have a good day and a better hunt

An old rifle rack takes are of a couple of mine , the rest are hooked up
    Attached Images Attached Images

I bought some of the hooks for hunting that Wal-Mart sells...The rubber coated ones that you can screw in to a tree...and I screwed it into a stud in my house. Worked great!

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska at heart View Post
    I don't use anything fancy down in my basement "mancave", so a plastic dipped bicycle hook that is screwed into a floor joist works great for me. I hang it from the upper limb just below the idler wheel and that seems to work just fine. I got mine on sale at Menards for about $1.50.
    yep......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast