Thread: PSE X-Force Dreamseason Draw Weight Adjustment.

PSE X-Force Dreamseason Draw Weight Adjustment.

I just got my 1st ever compound bow, a Dream Season X-Force, most likely a 2008/9 model. Bought it 2nd hand. Very nice bow, can hardly wait to try it out. But I need some help:
    1. I'd like to adjust the draw weight down to 50 lbs from what is now 64 measured lbs, but I'm very concerned about loosening the hex screws too much, with disastrous results. I have seen 4 turns anti-clockwise from the 'bottoming' position. mentioned. I'm a bit uncertain what is the bottom position here, is it when the hex screws won't be tightened any further, or is it when there is a certain clearance between the lower end of the limb and the riser? Again, this is very crucial, as I don't want to ruin this fine bow out of sheer stupidity
    2. Is there a serial no somewhere on the bow to determine its exact manufacturing date/model?

is it tightened all the way in now? what is the weight range? if its not turned all the way in now you might not beable to get to 50 lbs

As for now, it's loosened 2 turns by me. I did not dare to go any further without consulting anyone. I still feel the bow is too heavy to draw for comfort. OK to keep it drawn for a while though.

Welcome to AT Profoss

There are some PSE guru's on here that will set you straight. I'm not one of them, but may be able to help a little bit. On those bows, there is a rubber piece under each limb pocket. To max the bow out, tighten the bolts only until the limbs touch the rubber; don't smash them down. You should be able to fit a 3/16 allen wrench between the limb pocket and the riser, and back them out from there. Do you have a shop or anyone close that has a scale to check the draw weight. Also, is the string on the (-), (+). or neutral peg on the cam?

As for the year, what camo is the bow in?

the bottomed (max weight) position on that bow is tigh tenough that you still can fit the wrench between the limb pocket and riser. you can loosen it from there.

You want to loosen the 2 bolts on each side of the limb brackets before you loosen or tighten the limb bolts if your bow has them, also.
    After you loosen the 2 bolts on the brackets, tighten the limb bolts till they stop then loosen them equal turns to the DW you want.If you have a scale it will be easy to check the disired Draw weight.
    CREED PSE DNA HHA QAD rests CARTER Roost Raiders winners of the 2009 Turkey contest
    Life Endowment Member NRA 32nd Degree Mason
    Tom Takers Winners of the 2011 AT Turkey Contest, 2014 Undeertakers

Serial number on limbs does it say/ is it 60-70 or 50-60.?
    Hoyt/Athens

Ah, that makes things a whole lot clearer!
    The string is on the ( - ) peg, and the camo is Mossy Oak Breakup.

Problem here in Norway is that we don't have too many bow shops around, many of them often located far from the major towns.

I'll try the Allen wrench trick right now, thank you so much :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BowHuntnKY View Post
    Serial number on limbs does it say/ is it 60-70 or 50-60.?
    I can't for my bare life find any serial number anywhere, all I find is a label with like 40 patent numbers.

Now I tried to loosen it 3 turns, but I thought it felt kinda 'wrong' as I did the 3rd turn, so I tightened it 1 turn back to 2. Now there is a little 'something' I can feel in the bow at the point of drawing it an inch or 2. Also, I think it's a lot about technique, now with the wrist band type release, it was not as hard to draw the bow as before. Keeping it drawn is no problem. :-) I'll find one of the dealers here and visit them one day.

Thanks to all of you for good advise! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Profoss View Post
    I just got my 1st ever compound bow, a Dream Season X-Force, most likely a 2008/9 model. Bought it 2nd hand. Very nice bow, can hardly wait to try it out. But I need some help:
    1. I'd like to adjust the draw weight down to 50 lbs from what is now 64 measured lbs, but I'm very concerned about loosening the hex screws too much, with disastrous results. I have seen 4 turns anti-clockwise from the 'bottoming' position. mentioned. I'm a bit uncertain what is the bottom position here, is it when the hex screws won't be tightened any further, or is it when there is a certain clearance between the lower end of the limb and the riser? Again, this is very crucial, as I don't want to ruin this fine bow out of sheer stupidity When the limbs on the 2008/2009 models were "maxed" there was a 3/16" gap between the limbs and the riser(can be checked with a 3/16" allen wrench. From this point no more than 4 complete turns to set it to the minimum poundage. Each turn is approx 2.5 lbs. From your post I believe you have the 60 to 70 lb version which means that your draw weight range with this bow is approx 58 lbs to 72 lbs.
    2. Is there a serial no somewhere on the bow to determine its exact manufacturing date/model? On the bottom set of limbs there should be a sticker that shows the Model number, serial number and the cable/string lengths
    Hope this helps
    2009 PSE Xforce GX 60#/27 1/2"(283 fps w/366 grain arrow)
    2011 PSE Omen Pro 60#/27 1/2"(298 fps w/382 grain arrow)
    2011 PSE Bow Madness XL 55#/27 1/2"(258 fps w/386 grain arrow)
    2011 PSE Axe-6 58#/27 1/2"(IBO)(298 fps w/300 grain arrow), 55#(ASA)/27 1/2"(287 fps w/305 grain arrow)

My boy just got one of these bows. The serial number is on the riser probably right under where your rest mounts, We can just barely see the bottom of the numbers sticking out under the rest.

You really need to find out what limbs you have. Without the tag on the limb indicating this, you are going to have to call PSE or take it to a reputable bow shop. If you have 50# limbs you can max it out and get 54-55. If you have 60# limbs then you might be able to back it down to around 55#. From a bottomed out position, typically you can back the limb bolts out 4 turns and no more.
    2013 Supra Max
    2012 Evo
    2014 Faktor Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by psemadman View Post
    You really need to find out what limbs you have. Without the tag on the limb indicating this, you are going to have to call PSE or take it to a reputable bow shop. If you have 50# limbs you can max it out and get 54-55. If you have 60# limbs then you might be able to back it down to around 55#. From a bottomed out position, typically you can back the limb bolts out 4 turns and no more.
    I will agree on the maxed level of a 50# limb possibly getting to 55#(depends on accuracy of the scale), but the minimum setting for a set of 60# will be approx 48#( since the 60# limb range is 50# to 60# approx)
    2009 PSE Xforce GX 60#/27 1/2"(283 fps w/366 grain arrow)
    2011 PSE Omen Pro 60#/27 1/2"(298 fps w/382 grain arrow)
    2011 PSE Bow Madness XL 55#/27 1/2"(258 fps w/386 grain arrow)
    2011 PSE Axe-6 58#/27 1/2"(IBO)(298 fps w/300 grain arrow), 55#(ASA)/27 1/2"(287 fps w/305 grain arrow)

if you will contact my buddy breathern then i will guarantee he can help you with this if anyone can. hope this helps