Thread: "Shur-Grip" or "Posi-Grip" on recurve riser?

"Shur-Grip" or "Posi-Grip" on recurve riser?

Has anyone installed, or tried to install, a "Shur-Grip" or "Posi-Grip" on a medium-size recurve riser? Would like to install on my new bow but ads say for SOME recurves.

SHUR-GRIP .............................. ....... POSI-GRIP

I've put a Sur Grip on a Palmer riser. It's a little work but it can be done. I've done it with and without the limbs on (t/d) I wish I could remember which was easier, probably with. (smoother transitions)

Roll it up the limbs like you would on a longbow, just before you get to the riser slipe some STRONG cord under it. (1/4" nylon or similar) You are then going fight and cuss and pull the donut up around all the edges of your riser until it is near the right place. Unroll and it and fine tune. If, after you unroll it, you are way off, roll it back up and make major adjustments with the cord again.

If you were able to get the grip over a "Palmer" riser I should be able to get it over my "Beowulf" recurve riser, and with less effort.

How did/has it held up?

Thanks much for the info and the installation method tip.

It held up just fine. I just don't like them. I've found I get a more consistancy when my had naturally finds it's own "seat" on the riser.

Had one on my recurve for a while. Took a lot of elbow grease. Ended up taking it off because I just didn't like the way it felt. I shoot bare now.

FWIW, I've heard that the Posi Grip is loads better than the Sure Grip.

I put sure-grips on damon howatt 1pc. & martin hatfield td's recurves w/o too much trouble. Held up & worked well

Thanks much for the input.

I've used the Sure Grip and it works fine; however, now I use tennis racket wraps and won't use anything else.

I tried it on my BW SA bow but did not like it, did use it on my older HS metal handle BW and worked well, but it does add a lot fo tac to your grip and could cause some torque problems. I just prefer to let my hand slide and settle on the grip when I draw back.
    I would definitely use in on a longbow as you do tend to grab the grip more securely with most of those bows.