a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: AlphaMax 32 Owners - String Dampening Systems?

AlphaMax 32 Owners - String Dampening Systems?

I am about to get my AM 32 delivered (tracking the UPS guy like a kid tracks santa on the internet). I had read a few reviews saying that the 2009 models didn't have a good string dampening system. What systems have you found to work well with the AM 32?

Pictures would be nice with your suggestions.
    "Just as the Father has loved me, I also love you." - John 15:9
    He loves me as messed up as I am...he really really does!!!

Hoyt AlphaMax 32 XT3 - CX MaXima Hunters - Black Gold Skylight 3rd Axis 5-pin - QAD Ultra Pro HD

I bought a Hi-Tek string dampener last year for my AM32. It is available in the matching camo and made an incredible difference. The price was pretty affordable too. Great bow!

I shoot an AM32, and I can tell you from experience that the stopper was stiffer and louder than many other string supressors out there. This years supressor from the CRX is a softer material and flat on the surface instead of dished, and a better set-up all around. Our shop has been able to order these to replace the old stopper. I like the carbon rod system that Hoyt uses as it comes straight back from the riser and is very ergonomic. I'm not a fan of the units that come from the front stabilizer mount. Hope this helps.

Best of luck and good shootin'.

Quote Originally Posted by bownutt2 View Post
    Our shop has been able to order these to replace the old stopper. I like the carbon rod system that Hoyt uses as it comes straight back from the riser and is very ergonomic. I'm not a fan of the units that come from the front stabilizer mount. Hope this helps.

Best of luck and good shootin'.
    Just hope that the guy who owned my AM 32 had a clue on how to set it up!!! J/K!!!

If I ordered one from your shop, are they easy to replace?

Hoyt AlphaMax 32 XT3 - CX MaXima Hunters - Black Gold Skylight 3rd Axis 5-pin - QAD Ultra Pro HD

Ive had my AM 32 for only a couple weeks. Im planning on getting a Bow Rattler suppressor, but the factory one really isnt as bad as I thought it would be from reading posts on here.
    BTW, I wore out the UPS Tracking button when mine was coming too!

Quote Originally Posted by Mudshack View Post
    Just hope that the guy who owned my AM 32 had a clue on how to set it up!!! J/K!!!

If I ordered one from your shop, are they easy to replace?
    Ha, and zing! The carbon fiber rod is attached to the riser by 2 allens on the side of the riser, and you can adjust the position of the supressor. I believe that the 2011 model can be attached to the AM rod frame. I'd suggest shooting it first to find your level of comfort before you change. Keep in touch.

Ahhhh....so you replace the entire rod, not just the rubber. Duh! Sometimes I ask too many questions instead of just waiting to see for myself. Thanks

Bowrattler works real well !!!!!

Ahhhh....so you replace the entire rod, not just the rubber. Duh! Sometimes I ask too many questions instead of just waiting to see for myself. Thanks
    No, never too many questions for an archer. I believe you can replace only the supressor, which attaches to the rod with an allen screw. I sometimes think too much and speak too much instead of KISSing it. I'll check the shop tonight to see if they interchange, as we took an AM in on trade this weekend.

Yes, the Hi-Tek version that I use is an aluminum bar, in camo but also available in black and a rubber stopper.

I tried a bunch of them on my AM and Lukes Vibekiller is by far the best IMO...I'll try to find a pic.
    <------<<<Hoyt Carbon Element G3 >>>------>

Here you go...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    <------<<<Hoyt Carbon Element G3 >>>------>