Thread: B B Archery in Kansas City

B B Archery in Kansas City

Anybody been there? What kind of selection do they have in arrows? I plan on heading there today and having them set up my new strings, new rest. Would like to give them my business and buy some CX Maxima from them while there. Do they have a range that I can walk back tune the bow on? Chrono? Any pictures of the place? Not much on the internet.

"Just as the Father has loved me, I also love you." - John 15:9
    He loves me as messed up as I am...he really really does!!!

Hoyt AlphaMax 32 XT3 - CX MaXima Hunters - Black Gold Skylight 3rd Axis 5-pin - QAD Ultra Pro HD

Well your in good hands man. Great shop with plenty of options. Down side is its a 10 yard range. Tell Earl steve said hi

B B Archery is a Great Shop. Has been around for many years. The guys working there and Earl the owner who's house it is attached too, are all very friendly and knowledgeable. They will take care of you just fine, never heard a bad thing about them.

They have a nice selection of items on the shelves to pick from, and many arrows in stock to buy. NO, there in not a full size indoor range, just a small 10yrd one lane for testing equipment. Yes, there is a Chrono for speed checks.

Earl the Owner knows his stuff and gives back to archery very much, I believe he has been active in NFAA for many years.

Thanks. I have never had anyone "teach" me anything about bows. I have just gone with the 1000 questions on here and TexasBowhunter.com forum approach. Bought my first bow back in 2005 and watched the kid at a Texas Bass Pro struggle for an hour before I jumped behind the counter and did the work myself....mind you, that was my first bow!! So, I have always done my own work, but I have never had a need to do anything that involved a bow press, hence I am going to Earl. I need some hands on mentoring from some experienced folks that won't feel like they are wasting their time.

Hoyt AlphaMax 32 XT3 - CX MaXima Hunters - Black Gold Skylight 3rd Axis 5-pin - QAD Ultra Pro HD

Yep. And his wife millie. Who recently passed away. Was also very involbed in archery. She can be seen at bass pro in indepemdence mo on the cover of the missouri conservation mag. Have fun there. Those guy are fun to just go and b.s. with. Tell kirby i said hi also. Thanks man

Man, that is a nice pace. They even let me go behind the counter to get educated on installing strings! Who knew that you twist this, twist that to tune it up, or increase poundage!!! Man, they are fast, too! I ended up walking out with a bow with new strings, new QAD, peep installed, d-loop installed (all brought in with me)! Bought a dozen Maxima Hunter Blanks for less than I have seen advertised on the internet. They didn't charge me a dime for any of the labor or teaching they gave me. Simply amazing customer service and they didn't know me from spit on the ground. Keep it up, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Mudshack View Post
    Anybody been there? What kind of selection do they have in arrows? I plan on heading there today and having them set up my new strings, new rest. Would like to give them my business and buy some CX Maxima from them while there. Do they have a range that I can walk back tune the bow on? Chrono? Any pictures of the place? Not much on the internet.
    Yes it's a great little bow shop. 10 yd range chrono. Lots of arrows. Guys that are really willing to help you out.

This is an old post Jesse. Didn't see your picture until after I started reading. I can still remember when you showed up with that buck!

Best archery shop around. You can't beat the service or the knowledge they have there.
    schiesz

What are the bow selections to test? I'm looking to head over there soon and I want to shoot a few different bows. Specifically...

PSE - DNA
    Bowtech- Insanity, Destroyer, Experience

Do they normally stock these?

I do know they stock bowtechs, martins, and ryteras. I haven't been there in a while... but when I go to KC, I try to stop by and loaf around there. I learn something new every time.
    2014 Mathews Chill X. Doinker DISH QAD HD Ultra Rest HHA DS5510 Carter Just Cuz Release

It was a great shop with plenty of inventory. Earl the owner died a couple of months ago after a long battle with cancer. I was told because of zoning that once he died the shop could no longer be located at his residence so I don't know a status about it. He had some great staff and some relative but I'm not sure they took it over and if so moved it.
    2010 Rytera Nemesis, Limbdriver rest, Sword Twilight Hunter site, Paradigm SOS

BB Archery is still up and running. Earl's son, Randy took over, lives there and has most of the same guys working there. I have been going there 24 of their 25 years in business.

are they still located in the same place? website? thanks
    2013 BowTech Carbon Knight 29.5" 56#
    Crackerz custom strings and tune
    Trophy Ridge React One single pin sight
    Trophy Ridge 8" stabilizer
    Spot Hogg Friday Night Delight

Same place and same great service!
    OK Archery DST36, OK Smoke, Back Spin Release, Shootoff Release, DS Advantage Blade Rest, Hamskea Versa Rest, DS Advantage site, Axcel AX2000 site, CarboFast Stabilizers, Gold Tip Ultralights Pros and Triple XXX Pros.

North Dakota soon to be Coeur d' alene Idaho
    Personally if I was that close I would go see Mike at Carter's archery. You know. ... the one called " Crackers"
    If you are not living on the edge, you are simply taking up too much space!!

There is a nice little outdoor range north of KC in Platte City just off of I29. Take the Platte City exit (Hwy 92) west to 4th avenue, turn right to Main Street then right. I think this turns into HH Highway. Follow this road past I29 to the east about 2-3 miles and the range is in a little wildlife area or something like that on the left. Nice targets there when I visited about 2-3 years ago. Bring your own spot targets to shoot at. Do a mapquest of Platte City then zoom in until 4th Avenue, main street and HH highway show up. The range is just around a 90 degree left turn on HH east of I29.