a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Best grain scale for $25

Best grain scale for $25

What's the best grain scale for $25-$30? I have a little birthday money and I'm looking at grain scales, but I want to make sure I get one that will last and not go bad after a year or two of use.

Thanks

I saw one for $20 or so on LAS's website. I bought the same one ten years ago for $60 and it still works perfectly.
    Sent via my Nokia Windows phone...I finally upgraded.

I use this one....

http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-gr...ale-97920.html

You can't beat the price. They have one of these at my local shop and they have a MUCH more expensive. I've never seen a difference in grain weights between the two.
    I shoot bows. All kinds of bows.

My opinions are MY OPINIONS. Take them for what they are worth.

I am curious to see feedback, too. I have been looking at scales at the following link: http://www.americanweigh.com/index.php?cPath=44

There are tons of them on eBay....I bought one the other day on there for $20 shipped. Good little scale and seems very accurate, I dont remember the name of it but I've used it on various things and the weight was always what it should be and always consistant.
    John's Customs Pro Staff Manager
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 34 Snow, QAD Hoyt HDX, Sure Loc LW Max, Fuse Quiver, B-Stinger stabs, GT Pro Hunter arrows

Jewelers scales are very good too. Google that up and you should get some hits.
    Carbon Element 67# 28.5
    QAD Ultra HDX
    Axcel Armortech HD

It seems they updated my scale now...... http://www.lancasterarchery.com/prod...oducts_id=6153

And they raised the price $10, too!
    Sent via my Nokia Windows phone...I finally upgraded.

Wow, lots of ideas out there! But now I have to decide if I want a hip quiver (would really like one for 3D) or a grain scale (and if so, which one!?).

Hmmm...what to do?

The scale I bought on ebay is a DigiWeigh R70 600.... Pretty decent little scale for like $20 shipped.
    John's Customs Pro Staff Manager
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 34 Snow, QAD Hoyt HDX, Sure Loc LW Max, Fuse Quiver, B-Stinger stabs, GT Pro Hunter arrows

Quote Originally Posted by isaacdahl View Post
    Wow, lots of ideas out there! But now I have to decide if I want a hip quiver (would really like one for 3D) or a grain scale (and if so, which one!?).

Hmmm...what to do?
    Quiver make sure the one you get in reinforced on the field point end.
    Hoyt Alphaburner. B-Stinger. AXT Driver. QAD Ultra Rest HDX . Easton Torches
    PSE Supra ME . Doinker Dish . Spot Hogg Hogg It . Trophy Taker SS . Carbon Express CXLs
    Martin Mamba 44# @ 27" Gold Tip XT Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by isaacdahl View Post
    What's the best grain scale for $25-$30? I have a little birthday money and I'm looking at grain scales, but I want to make sure I get one that will last and not go bad after a year or two of use.

Thanks
    I bought mine at bowhunterssuperstore.com for about that much??? dont remember the make/model though

Thumbs up

There are thousands of websites offering digital scales online but a few are affordable and offer high quality branded products. So far, I have tried a lot of websites for my scales need but a few of them could provide me, I desire to have. And, if I have to recommend one of them, I will say yes to DigitalScalesAZ.com who has offered me the best ever.

I purchased one on Ebay for $2.50 and yes I was pretty skeptical that it would be any good. It seems to work perfectly and it appears to be accurate. For that price I am willing to take a chance and if it breaks then I am not out very much.