Thread: what is the best all around bow sights

what is the best all around bow sights

I shoot 3d and hunt alot, what kind of sights would work good for both that are pretty accurate. i would rather have pins since i shoot freeystyle pins and release mostly, i like sights with a slide bare that u can adjust out and in. Any suggestions, please let me know, thanks

G5 series optix se works well for me it has the light for iffy light situations very bright pins on there own and its a micro adjust system very good all around i use one myself!

Spot Hogg Hoggit Sight with five pins will hook up very nicely.
    2009-2012
    Ben Pearson Staff Shooter, TRU Ball Staff,Control Freak Stabilizers Staff Shooter, Stealth II (Black),Advantage(Mothwing Orange Camo), Z-34x2(Gunmetal and Camo), Vapor Trail Limbdriver, Spot Hogg,Slick Trick, 60x Strings

Anyone know a good sight that has the dove tail, any reviews?

sword sights are awesome, I have owned several and have had great luck with them. Very reasonable in price also!
    2010 Bowtech Captain
    trophy ridge titan v-drive
    limbdriver, sims modular stab, flingin maximas behind rages!!
    Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me!

I just picked up a Truglo Superslam sight for my bow and I like it alot. It has tool less micro adjust and super bright pins. It also has the quick disconnect bar that you are lookin for.
    2011 PSE X Force Vendetta XL, Truglo Super Slam Sight, Limbdriver Pro V, Vapor Trail Strings and Cables, B Stinger, Bling Sling, PSE X Quiver, Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 250, Rage 2-Blade
    PSE MILITIA

Quote Originally Posted by jbh24333 View Post
    Anyone know a good sight that has the dove tail, any reviews?
    The blackgold ascent with 5 pins is hands down the all around best hunting sight you can buy. You can order it with any blackgold head and you can order it with a 4" or 6" dovetail. With this sight you can stay in the bowhunter class but you have the moveability to practice out past 100 yards by using your bottom pin as a mover. You can set it up so you can shoot long distance with your bottom and still move it up so you can shoot something at say 37 yards by dialing the sight to 37 yards and using that same mover pin(most choose the bottom pin). I went as far as getting a second indicator pin for mine so i have a sight tape from 60 on out with my bottom pin but on the other side of my sight i have a tape that shows my twenty yard pin and out. So i can shoot out long distance but say i have something bedded under 60 yards and i do not want to split my pins on odd distances i can adjust my twenty yard indicator down and shoot it with my 20 yard pin dead on and not have to gap anything. It is simple, super reliable, extremely durable, lightweight can be setup with 1st 2nd and 3rd axis adjustment. Basically you can do anything and everything with one sight.
    Tech at Big Sky Archery, Factory staff for Black Gold Premium Bowsights, Ripcord Arrow Rests, and Tight Spot Quivers

Axcel pro, if you want an adjustable dove tail mount. I have an axcel pro and a spot Hogg hunter. The Hogg hunter isn't a dove tail mount, but otherwise it's the same as the Hogg it. The micro adjust is the only thing that puts the axcel on top for me, both are really great sights tho.

Black Gold Red Zone
    2010, Parker, Cyclone.

2011, Ten Point, Carbon Fusion, Crossbow, 400gr. Bolt, 350Fps.

cbe... take your pick

Take a look at everysight posted on here from cbe, spot hogg, axcel, tru glo and otherwise and put a serious comparison in what the sight is capable of, warranty, brightness of pins, durability of sight(especially pins those tubular pins don't do well when you accidentally stuff a stick through the pin gaurd...) and you will see the blackgold ascent can do everything that all the other sights will do and then some and you can custom build it to fit what you want in the sight and the price can range from $150 to almost $300 depending on what you want the sight to be.
    Tech at Big Sky Archery, Factory staff for Black Gold Premium Bowsights, Ripcord Arrow Rests, and Tight Spot Quivers

Spot Hogg Hunter

Axcel or SpotHogg .. Cant go wrong .. I might pick a Hogg 1st but they are both very nice

You can't go wrong with the Axcel Armortech PRO. It would be a great sight for both hunting and 3d.
    2014 Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo(Spot Hogg Tommy Hogg, Carbon Blade Stabilizers, QAD Ultrarest)
    2013 Mathews Chill(Spot Hogg Tommy Hogg, B Stinger Stabilizers, Limb Driver Pro-V)
    2012 Hoyt Vector Turbo (Extreme Raptor Dovetail Sight, Vaportrail Limbdriver Rest, Carbon Blade Stabilizers)

I really like the Spot Hogg SDP sight! Love the tuff quality and the adjustability of this sight. 1st, 2nd and 3rd axis adjustment. Most guys will agree that 7 pins is to much for hunting, but I usually prefer to drop the bottom 4 and use my 20, 30 and 40yd pins for hunting. For range shooting I'll adjust the 7 pins for 20-80 yds., in 10yd increments. Spot Hogg makes a great sight. Tru-Glo have my vote also. Great sight with very bright pins. Well priced too.
    HOYT FAKTOR 34
    SPOT HOGG Tommy Hogg
    B Stinger Sport Hunter Xtreme
    QAD HDX rest

going to look at some hogg sights in the classifieds

AXCEL!!!!!! I've said it so many times on here, it's going to take alot for me to change from my Axcel sights to another... They may cost more, but man they have been the best sights BAR NONE I have ever owned...
    2010 Black Ops Sentinel FLX (Baldy's Strings and tune)
    2014 Black Ops Bowtech RPM 360

The Spot-Hogg Hogg Father is a great sight that can do it all, hunting, 3-D, or target.
    Bowman Accu-Riser I and II...Greatest built American bows of all time
    Hamskea Versa Rest, Hogg Father sight, Paridigm stabilizer.
    Scorpyd Crossbows... nothing else compares
    Zeiss Victory HT 10x42 binoculars...simply superb