Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best wrist sling?

Best wrist sling?

Looking for a new, less bulky, wrist sling. I currently have a Fat Sling and it has been great, but I would like to have something not as thick! Any suggestions?

2014 Elite E32 29.5" 72lbs - 2014 Elite E35 29.5" 71lbs - 2013 Elite Hunter 29.5" 61lbs
    Slick Trick Viper Tricks - Dead Center Archery Priducts - HHA Sights - QAD HDX

slingbraid

www.slingbraid.com
    Nothing to see here

Make your own. Watch the Iceman videos on the do it yourself forum and start braiding. Its easy I have started to make a matching sling when I make new strings for friends they get a kick out them.
    Energy 35 Max1,Tour Snow and Pulse Ninja because they work for me

Have you shot your bow today?

I have a Bcbow special twist in all black with a yellow ribbon for the troops that is too small for my wrist and my wife doesn't like it.... It is a great sling...
    Team Whack 'Em & Stack 'Em Hunting Staff
    Elite Z28 30/60
    Chief Arrow Stick Out

I have one of these on my bow...

http://www.ridgerunnerslings.com/

VERY happy with it....

straight n arrow slings. Just got mine in with my release lanyard all I can say is awesome and very fast too put in my order on a saturday night and it was in the mail on monday.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhunter346 View Post

VERY happy with it....
    Me too!
    "His arrow will flash like lightning." Zechariah 9:14
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30, CBE Tek Hybrid sight, QAD Ultra Rest HDX, Injexion Arrows & Blazers, QAD Exodus broadheads, TightSpot quiver, Stokerized SS1 stabilizer, Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Zeiss Conquest HD binocs, Leica 1000R rangefinder, Kifaru Timberline 2 pack, Bark River Gunny Hunter blade, Kuiu clothing, Lowa Cevedale boots

Have multiple SlingBraids (www.slingbraid.com). Ben is great to work with!

Quote Originally Posted by Atchison View Post
    X2 i love mine

BcBow Designs!!!!!
    www.ltlacorn.com
    Authorized Dealer for:Strother Archery, Darton Archery, Predator Camo, Vapor Trail, Stokerized Stabilizers, Black Gold Sights, Lakewood Products (Bow Cases), Tru-Fire Releases, Spyderweb targets,First-Lite, LTL ACORN CAMERAS,Spot-Hogg, Reconyx,VORTEX Optics, Tightspot Quivers,Tenzing Packs,Sitka Clothing,

what i use is a length of d loop material. i find its easy, light, less drag and simple to use. i dont need a seat belt for my bows. i have been using this method for many years, both for hunting, indoor and 3d.

on the 05 Ultratec, theres hole in the riser to run my wrist sling through.

for my Carbon matrix i had to make a loop to go over the front stabilizer and then loop it for my wrist sling.

Tony
    2010 Hoyt Carbon Matrix, 2005 Hoyt Ultratec.

VERY happy with it....
    Yep
    PSE Revenge >>>------> MBG FlashPoint / QAD Pro HDX / 8.5" 11oz B-Stinger / Tight Spot Quiver / Easton Epic N-Fused / Spitfire Maxx

Easton Neoprene . . . $8 . . . perfect

Quote Originally Posted by hazwaste View Post
    X2 i love mine
    X3 Ben does a great job.
    PSE Source TT Smackdown Pro, B-Stinger,GT 55/75 Arrows, HHA OL-5519 Muzzy Trocar Broadheads, JBK Strings

Thanks guys. The SlingBraid, Ridgerunner, and BCs look great but kind of what I am trying to get away from. Anything thinner?
    2014 Elite E32 29.5" 72lbs - 2014 Elite E35 29.5" 71lbs - 2013 Elite Hunter 29.5" 61lbs
    Slick Trick Viper Tricks - Dead Center Archery Priducts - HHA Sights - QAD HDX

I just took some nylon camo cord I had and wove three of them together to make a sling. Very light weight and even though its three cords it is still way smaller than the typical wrist slings I see. Simple but effective.
    Mathews Switchback, Ripcord code red, HHA OL-5519, B-Stinger stabilizer, TorqueLess custom grip, Carter Insatiable 3, easton flatline 400's
    Mathews Conquest 3, Torqueless grip, smooth stability stabilizer, Trophy Taker lizard tongue rest, Davis target sight, easton fatboy 400's
    Oregon Deschutes (sold)

VERY happy with it....
    These 100%
    Insert signature here...

slingbraid and ridgerunner...bomoco too.

I've tried them all. Too many slings I've gone through...geesh.
    SH Archery & Custom Bow Tuning
    Dealer for Bowtech, Elite, Bear, and PSE
    2014 Bowtech RPM and Carbon Spyder 30

http://www.808bowslings.com/ The can be custom made to your order.

Try one of these....not a wrist sling, but gets the job done nicely. One end of the loop goes around your thumb, the other loop around your index finger. You slide each of the clear plastic tubes down for a snug fit on your fingers. Real easy to make your own instead of buying one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Try CNC they make a great sling! http://www.cncslings.com/

I am doing something similar to what target Tony is doing, at least on my target bow. Works great and simple and cheap!

Any of the sling makers should also be able to sell you a 12" or so strand of material. Tie it in a knot around your riser and through a cut-off hole and it works great.

I put a little slide tightener on it too so I can adjust as needed. Its hanging down in this picture and blends in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rules for posting in the Classifieds-Please click on the link: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/announ....php?f=8&a=168

Proud Staff Shooter for T.R.U Ball releases, Black Eagle Arrows, ProLine Bow Strings, Bohning Archery, Bling Sling & Onestringer Arrow Wraps

Quote Originally Posted by Atchison View Post
    yep, slingbraid regular is awesome.
    2013 Elite Answer
    2014 Xpedition Archery XRing 6

B-Stinger / HHA / QAD / CX Maxima / RAGE / Center Circle & Retrieverfishin strings

Heres some better pictures of how i make this bow sling out of D loop material.
    i find it works great even for hunting. some guys want a bow sling stiff and sitting up so they can slip there hand into, but i find i can get my hand in this one just as easy with no effort. to be fashion concious, you could use differant colors to suit the color of your bow.

the 05 Ultratec has a small hole in the riser perfect for the D loop material.

for a bow with no hole to run the d loop material through i did this for my carbon matrix. this is one piece of d loop material. i doubled the d loop material and tied a overhand knot that fit around my stabilizer. i the ran the tag end around the riser to wher it would fit my hand. i then tied it back to the original loop aorund the stabilizer with a d loop knot.

Tony
    2010 Hoyt Carbon Matrix, 2005 Hoyt Ultratec.

Quote Originally Posted by bowdrawn View Post
    http://www.808bowslings.com/ The can be custom made to your order.
    Matt @ 808 makes GREAT slings!

Mathews Z7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast