Thread: Minimum Hunting Draw weight

Minimum Hunting Draw weight

Does anyone know what the minimum draw weight for hunting is in California? I cannot seem to find anything on this the only thing i have found is that the bow needs to be able to fire an arrow 100yds in a flat trajectory, but i have a 55# bow that would have problems firing an arrow 100yds + flat

It doesn't say flat, IIRC - only able to shoot 135 yds. I'll check this evening.
    Ciao!
    Woodnsoul
    Hoyt Alpha Elite 52# 31.5": DS Advantage w/ a True Spot 3-D scope and 6X TrueSpot lens; QAD, GT Triple X Cutters Indoors; GT X Cutter Pro and Radial X Pro Outside

so as long as i dont have to shoot it straight up in the air to count the 67.5 yards up and 67.5 yards down to get my 135 then it should be ok? the reason i ask is my nephew wants to hunt turkey this year with his bow and he can only pull 35#'s so i want to give him a goal to work towards i.e you need to build your strength to shoot "x#" bow before you can use it for hunting

When I was a kid, at an all day archery shoot with my Dad, I did just that - shot it straight up in the air. It then occurred to me that it was going to come down, and close. I told my brother to run, but I tripped and the arrow landed about 6 inches from my leg... a life lesson
    Ciao!
    Woodnsoul
    Hoyt Alpha Elite 52# 31.5": DS Advantage w/ a True Spot 3-D scope and 6X TrueSpot lens; QAD, GT Triple X Cutters Indoors; GT X Cutter Pro and Radial X Pro Outside