a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Strykezone 380 SCOPE Review

Strykezone 380 SCOPE Review

For those of you who are lucky enough to have a Strykezone 380 or who have looked at them...what do you think about the scope?

Its not bad, simple, 3 xhair with dot in the center of each hair, it'll get you by, you might want to upgrade though, mine I sighted in at 20 yds, that put the 2nd. on at 35yds. and the 3rd. on at 50yds., I am picky about accuracy so I put a hha speed dial and a BSA 3-9 x40 with 30/30 reticle with illuminated TINY center dot.
    LS 390, HHA, HHA scope L-4
    Excalibur Matrix 380, RH Custom string, Trigger Tech, HHA
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member !

Randy, with the optimizer mounted does the scope still sit at a comfortable level? Or does it seem a little high?

If you are on a budget it will definetly do a good job for you. Randy was right about yardages, for hunting purposes it will work pretty good. I didnt have time to play with the drops at different yardages, but the crosshairs are pretty close together so it will not be that drastic the sz380 is a very flat shooting bow. I didnt do really really low light conditions but I did do some late afternoons and it lets in quite a bit of light. I do not know if I am personally going to upgrade this year or not.
    Strike Zone 350, Hawke XB30, Gold Tip Lazer III, Lumenoks, NAP FOC Broadheads

Quote Originally Posted by RH6898 View Post
    Randy, with the optimizer mounted does the scope still sit at a comfortable level? Or does it seem a little high?
    Its a little high, but not bad by any means, took a little getting used to, the high monte carlo stock actually helps
    NRA Member !

Randy,
    Just wondering how you like the Optimizer, and what # you have it set to. I am using #27, and it is pretty deadly using that tape.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooder View Post
    Randy,
    Just wondering how you like the Optimizer, and what # you have it set to. I am using #27, and it is pretty deadly using that tape.
    I like it alot ! havent got a chance to shoot anything but 20 yds, got dark on me friday and read about the recall and took it off , figured was no need to try to shoot any this weekend since she leaves for OREGON tomorrow...lol,,,, couldnt be further away ! So I have to get back to ya after I get it back!, looking at the speeds on the tapes , that sounds right (# 27) @ 380 fps. the tape changes!
    NRA Member !

If anyone is interested, there is an HHA Optimizer review over on Crossbow Magazine's home page product review section:-)
    MOON

Super Small (SS) Recurve Crossbows - The Future of Recurve Hunting Crossbows

Quote Originally Posted by Moonkryket View Post
    If anyone is interested, there is an HHA Optimizer review over on Crossbow Magazine's home page product review section:-)
    Can you change the yardage during the shot? Say you're aiming at a deer at 20 and it starts walking away and you don't have a shot until it hits 35 yds. Can you move the dial and see what it's set on from a shooting position with your thumb?

Next question is isn't it sticking out a bit? Does it get bumped and will it stay on the mark? Looks like a vine or branch magnet to me.

HHA Optimizer

Bird, moving the dial from 20 to 35 yards, for example, can be done almost instantly with practice but not with just the thumb, at least it does not work for me. The dial does not move that easily, IMO, and is rotated with a knurled knob. I did quite a bit of shooting with the dial not lock down and the dial did not move so if I have it set on 20 yards for a hunting shot and move it to another distance I would not even take the time to lock the dial down for one shot. It's built like a tank and is typical HHA quality engineering. It does sit up a bit higher but that should be weighed against the advanatages of the system.

Here is a photo of the system sitting on a Turbo, using a Hawke MAP multi reticle scope. By using a multi reticle scope I can have the best of both worlds by using the 20 yard crosshair for use with the Optimizer and then, for quick shots where I don't have time to move the dial, I can instantly use the 30, 40 and 50 yard crosshairs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MOON

Do you turn the big knob to move it or is the smaller one in the middle like a reduction gear to turn the big one? Sitting up higher won't be a problem for me. There is no such thing as too big for my size.

No reduction gear

Here are a couple photos. The outer knurled edge of the wheel is used for turning it and the small knurled knob is used for locking the dial wheel. The wheel requires a level of force to turn it that won't allow for just a thumb alone pressure adjustment.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MOON

for those interested i have one of these set ups posted on the classifieds.... brand new in packaging