a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Parker Hornet Extreme or Enforcer?

Parker Hornet Extreme or Enforcer?

I want to get a crossbow and I have pretty much decided I want a Parker. I have looked a several and the Enforcer feels the best to me. Does anyone have any experience with the Hornet Extreme? It is a little narrower, faster and has a tad longer power stroke. Is it worth the roughly $150 more it costs?

Do most folks feel like the Parker is a well built xbow comparable to say a Wicked Ridge or Horton? I have heard too many bad things about the Barnetts and I don't want to spend the extra money for a Ten Point or Excalibur.

Thanks in advance.

Of the bows you mention ... in that performance range, my first choice would be Wicked Ridge, then a Parker, then Horton. Parker seems to have a few more problems than average, but they have a world class customer service reputation and make anything wrong ... right; quickly and professionally. And, many of the guys who own Parkers seem to love them.
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE, Zeiss 3-12 Illum Duralyt, CamX Accuspine, 100gr Firenock SBG RamCats Scorpyd Orion150 Leupold 2.5-8x36mm, AcuDraw, Wyvern BEEs. Swarovski bino, Leica rangefinder, Surefire, Deerelight & Fenix lights.
    White Buffalo Inc. - Project Manager ... Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor ... NRA Life Member 1971

Before I bought my Tornado I pm'ed a Parker rep over on CN about any problems on Parker crossbows. He told me that 90% of there warranty claims were from new states that just allowed crossbows. After that statement I realized that most of the problems were with the user and probably not being taught what they needed to know about crossbows, indexing the arrow, making sure it is all the way back so you do not get a partial dry fire etc. etc. I also read a statement Wyvern put on here a while ago about a salesman he seen load the arrow for a guy and when the guy pulled the trigger it cut the string and blew up the bow (not indexed properly). It is obvious that most salesman do not have a clue to what they are doing and should not be selling crossbows!! IMO most crossbow are very good crossbows. I have about 225 shots through my 2010 tornado with no problems. But I no they did have some problems with some servings on the 2010's. Hopefully they have that fixed on the 2011.
    SZ380 & Tornado w/ XB30's
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member MCF Member

I would go with the extreme. I know one web site that has both and only 75$ diff on the same package. thats what I was going to buy untill sz 350 showed up

Hornet is a very good bow for the money. Lifetime warranty if anything goes wrong and Parker has excellent customer service that is fast. Hornet is a very quiet crossbow with string stoppers on it.

I saw a Hornet Extreme in action during the Eastern Sports and Outdoor show in Harrisburg. I came away very impressed with what I saw. I own a Parker Cyclone and have had zero problems with it in three years. If I ever do, Parker has first class customer service.

Every company has some sort of problems but it's the customer service that makes the difference. I had an 08 cyclone that a limb just blew while it was in my lap while sitting in a tree stand. That was a Friday night. Monday morning I called Parker and the first thing they said was. "ok lets see what we can do to get you back in the woods as fast as we can" And they did I was back in stand on Wednesday. No problems since but I did upgrade to a new 11 model Cyclone. A lot of good companies out there and Parker is right with the best.

I've got a Cyclone for sale on here in the classifieds if you want to check it out

I have a 2010 Parker Enforcer and I have no complaints. I have not had any issues with any part of the bow.

I have a Parker Enforcer and really like it. Light, narrow and shoots great. With that said, if the Hornet Extreme was avaiable, I would have pulled the trigger on it. Sold my Wicked Ridge. Heavier and wider than the Enforcer. I love my Excal Phoenix, but the Enforcer is a great value.

Bought a Hornet Extreme in Feb From Wyverne Creations for my wife and she loves it. The shorter front end is a plus too! The thing is fast and accurate. No problems so far! IT also came with 6 bolts (arrows). Definetly worth the extra bucks IMO. I like the warranttee too!! Good Luck!
    HOYT AM-32 60LB, HHA SIGHT, CODE RED REST, BOW RATTLER SS, ALPINE SOFT LOK, GOLD TIP 5575 GRIM REAPER BROAD HEADS
    ELITE Z-28 NINJA 70 LB, HHA SIGHT,CODE RED REST, ALPINE SOFT LOK QUIVER, GOLD TIP 5575 GRIM REAPER BROAD HEADS
    ELITE ANSWER 50/60, HHA SIGHT, LIMBSAVER S COIL, ALPINE SOFT LOK QUIVER

As a note...the 6 arrows and rope aid is something we do...it is not standard on the Parker bows.
    Wyvern