Thread: Advantages to dovetail sight?

Advantages to dovetail sight?

I am needing a new sight and want a fixed pin for Hunter class 3d. Is there an adv to dovetail sight? I am thinking Sword, Viper or others in this price range. Also, I would like .010 pins.

Personal preference really, but having the pins further away from the bow helps me aim better and hold more steady. You can also take the sight off if it doesn't fit really well in your case, I also shot the .010 pins and thought they were great.
    If you feel offended, Build a bridge and get over it...

It makes the pins smaller too, which will effectively block less of the target picture. I love my Viper Pro 2000's.
    Robbys Sales ... Great prices on Mathews, Elite, and Bowtech ... Mt. Airy, NC (336) 786-8017
    Vapor Trail Archery
    Elite GT-500 Next G1 Elite Energy 35 Black Elite Pure Cosmic Orange

Consider it like having a longer barrel on a gun, makes for better accuracy.
    55#/28.5"/Blacked out D340/Blk Octane hunter/LD Pro/Blk Tight Spot/Axcel Pro 5pin/ Axis 340s/Steelhead 125s = Deadly
    "Why we hunt is more important than when, where, or how" - Gene Wensel
    Team #36 Buck U....Classes begin soon, prepare to be schooled

Because they look so damn cool!

lol.

You can get the housing to match the size of the peep using one and I personaly think of it like rifle sights. The farther the sight and the peep are from each other, the more accurate it will be. Word of caution though, if you dont have the bow set right for you, they exagerate problems with float, i.e. to long a draw type floatand such
    Team Whack'em & Stack'em pro something or other!
    Blacke Eagle Arrows, best on the planet.

A dovetail gives you adjustment to center your aperature and even remove it entirely for transport. Look hard at Sword. The Sword Apex 3rd plane will meet your needs for sure!
    PSE Pro Staff, Doinker Pro Staff, Lightning Bowstrings Pro Staff, Ridgerunner Custom Bow Slings Pro Staff, L.O.D. Outdoors Pro Staff, T.R.U. Ball Shooting Staff, Gold Tip Shooting Staff, Bohning Shooting Staff, Hamskea Archery Shooting Staff, Last Chance Archery National Staff