Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ***Vortex Made In China!?!?!

***Vortex Made In China!?!?!

Just received my new vortex talon hd's and they have a sticker on them that say made in china. Whats the deal with this?

Uhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm............. ..........dude the VAST MAJORITY of optics today are made in China or are made in some other country using Chinese components. Even Leupold makes a lot of their products in China. Yes a lot of their product is assembled here but not ALL before someone bites my head off! Nikon makes most of their stuff in the Philipines not China. I don't like that either but it's better than all Chinese made! As for Vortex, well I have not seen one Vortex product without a Made in China sticker on it yet, and that's no bash as I may be buying a Vortex red dot for one of my 'home defense rifles'.

hmmm if i had to take a guess it would be that they were made in china. anyways does the company say anywhere made in America?
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow, bear kodiak
    paradigm archery field staff

The Viper and Razor line of optics are made in Japan eveything else is china I believe.
    2011 ATHENS ACCOMPLICE 34
    http://www.jayhawkoptics.com JAYHAWK OPTICS YOUR SOURCE FOR VORTEX OPTICS AND ATHENS BOWS
    Team #41 INTERNATIONAL HARVESTERS
    Seeking out new sights on the strength of my feet and the courage of my lungs.

everything is made in china

Curious because I have seen numerous posts about vortex being american made.

Quote Originally Posted by polarisfctyrcr1 View Post
    Curious because I have seen numerous posts about vortex being american made.
    nothing on thier site says made in america though so idk.
    Hunt/target: Bowtech Insanity, MBG accent w/ vengeance head and dovetail, limb driver, Paradigm carbon hammer and QD, Black eagle
    trad: Hunterbows 3 piece hybrid longbow, bear kodiak
    paradigm archery field staff

That means they are made in China
    Archery makes my shaft quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by CHAMPION2 View Post
    The Viper and Razor line of optics are made in Japan eveything else is china I believe.
    I heard this same thing too. The lower end stuff comes from China basically.

its all chinese or japanese, lets see make it as cheap as we can and sell it for as much as we can they are not going to advertise that on there web sight!

Quote Originally Posted by CHAMPION2 View Post
    Kaibabs have a "Japan" label.
    The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard

Almost all hunting products are made in China. There are still a few made in America products left. If we didn't give tax breaks to companies who manufacture items outside the US, then they wouldn't be rewarded for not employing Americans.
    The Lord Jesus Christ is our saviour. Only he can give us eternal life.

Quote Originally Posted by REDVANES View Post
    everything is made in china
    no , not everything.
    Team OverKill
    Nightmare ProStaff
    Florida State
    2014 BCS National Champions

My Vortex Viper scope was made in the Phillipines.

just wondering, anyone know where swarovskis are made?
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL
    I shoot for: GT, Axcel/Truball, Viscosity strings, FV
    "put your dot in the middle and shoot your shot, they'll tell you if you won later"

Swaro: austria. Leica and Zeiss in germany, I believe. Meopta in the czech republic maybe? someplace like that.
    The One Bow: Black Carbon Matrix with camo limbs
    Axcel and sure-loc sights
    Gold Tips Arrows
    Carter releases

Welcome to the USA where nothing is made here anymore!! Maybe this is the reason we are in the shape were in..... We want everything CHEAP so we out source it... Our labors our who now????
    I would like to thank my sponsors
    OutBack Archery
    Gold Tip, Extreme Archery Products

"Instant success is not handed across the counter with the purchase of a bow."
    CHEAP IS NOT GOOD & GOOD IS NOT CHEAP

well I don't know about cheap but my Minox are built in germany and I'm cool with that as they have decent human rights and are not an "axis of evil" and great partners of the U.S. at least they were before Obamer got in office and my granddad was from there so what do ya do just try to minimize the damage your money does I guess
    bear white tail 2,cobra 3pin(painted dots,no fibers)bo doodle rest,wall mart release,cat whisker silencers,easton camo game getters,milwaukee's best beer,levi garret chew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just received my new vortex talon hd's and they have a sticker on them that say made in china. Whats the deal with this?
    ahh..welcome to 2011....if you haven't heard as of yet....about everything is made in China now....we apparently LOVE to buy things cheap......

..the sad thing....we ***** and moan about no jobs....my take....

..we should go back to being Isolationistic....yup...screw the rest of the world....
    #60 Hoyt Vector Turbo MAX-1, #60 Hoyt Alphaburner Blackout
    #45 Hoyt Ruckus, TradTech Pinnacle #43 Kaya Carbon Limbs
    Whalen's Hooker Releases & Bowfinger PRO Staffer
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ArchersP...0?feature=mhee
    http://www.youtube.com/user/realtubular?feature=mhum

Quote Originally Posted by Boludo View Post
    Swaro: austria. Leica and Zeiss in germany, I believe. Meopta in the czech republic maybe? someplace like that.
    Meopta is Germany too.

sad.....
    2014 Hoyt Faktor 34
    Axis Traditional arrows
    2010 Maitland Zeus

if it says China then that is a new one on me, or you got sold a knock-off because it used to be the majority of their stuff was assembled in the Philippines from Japanese glass and other products. I need to call Tim at Vortex on Monday anyways so I'll ask him about it. I know at the ATA show back in Jan we were talking about their Viper PST scopes and they are assembled in the Philippines.
    First I had heard of a China sticker on one...hmmmmmm
    Sometimes nothing is a really cool hand.
    Semper Fidelis to all of my fellow Marines, past and present.

Authorized Dealer for PSE, G5 Prime and Strother Archery

Yep forgot about the Kaibabs

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmuley View Post
    Kaibabs have a "Japan" label.
    2011 ATHENS ACCOMPLICE 34
    http://www.jayhawkoptics.com JAYHAWK OPTICS YOUR SOURCE FOR VORTEX OPTICS AND ATHENS BOWS
    Team #41 INTERNATIONAL HARVESTERS
    Seeking out new sights on the strength of my feet and the courage of my lungs.

Take a company like Minox.......their top-line stuff is made in Germany, their bottom shelf stuff is made in China, and some of their mid-grade stuff is made in Japan. I will take Japan over China any day. That's why there are different price points........so that a company can offer a different product for just about everyone. Not everyone wants or can afford top shelf, so they have options for everybody. Companies don't do this just so they can produce in different countries.......they do it so that they can attract all consumers and make more money.
    2006 LH Bowtech Old Glory 70#, 32 1/2" draw, back to the Hostage rest, SH 7-pin Hunter, 500gr TR Crush 300 @ 285fps.
    2007 LH Bowtech Commander 60#, 32" draw, Limbdriver rest, BG 5-pin Flashpoint.
    2014 PSE Freak SP 70#, 32" draw, not set up yet.

Maybe I'm in the minority here. And I'm not trying to start up a fight. I would gladly buy an product that is made in the US, but if the product performs like it is advertised really does it matter where its made? Just from a use standpoint, not a buy American standpoint

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast