Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: A couple of my latest..............

Nice additions!
    We had a 10,000 acre park, less than 10 miles from my house, that was a donation to the state with an agreement it would never be hunted. It would have been a great place to take pix of deer, but after 20yrs the state opened it up for hunting and they let it get wiped out. All of the big bucks were taken within 3yrs. In 5yrs you couldn't find a doe.

Quote Originally Posted by 25ft-up View Post
    Nice additions!
    We had a 10,000 acre park, less than 10 miles from my house, that was a donation to the state with an agreement it would never be hunted. It would have been a great place to take pix of deer, but after 20yrs the state opened it up for hunting and they let it get wiped out. All of the big bucks were taken within 3yrs. In 5yrs you couldn't find a doe.

Thanks 25, another good place to get some nice pics ,is along golf courses. I know a guy that is in charge of the park maitenance ,and he always told me he would give me a golf cart, to go take pics. Never took him up on it, because i didn't want to wizz any of the golfers off and get him in trouble. I usually just walk different areas in the winter months.

A work in progress. Not 100% happy with this one yet. Need to reshoot it in the morning , so i don't blow the sky out. Lots of clutter around, tough to get a good angle on it, but here is a first try at it. Not bad, but could be better.

A blade of grass.................

Wow - Some outstanding photos... Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by OHIOBUCK View Post
    A work in progress. Not 100% happy with this one yet. Need to reshoot it in the morning , so i don't blow the sky out. Lots of clutter around, tough to get a good angle on it, but here is a first try at it. Not bad, but could be better.

Very cool building. What's the story on that?
    -Matt

Xtreme Stabilization Pro Staff

-Easton Arrow Tuning and Maintenance Guide

Quote Originally Posted by MGH-PA View Post
    Very cool building. What's the story on that?
    One of the old cabins at camp russell, in oglebay park. Not shure when it was built, prob. around 1930's.

A pair of Mallards.................

A few new one's. Playing around with a second camera body (1dmkii) Picked it up off ebay for $600. Very nice camera, just not too many megapixles.(8) The resolution is about even with my 40d though.

Nice pics! I like the duck, and the doe licking best. They're not as sharp as you said, with the 8mp compared to your others. I shot with a 6.3 rebel, and what a difference going to a 18mp 7D. I finally got the 300mm F/4L IS, and 1.4x II, yesterday. Now to find a place like yours to shoot. I also bought the 100mm F/2.8L IS macro, and 24-70mm F/2.8L. I would have liked the 135 to use with the 1.4x, but it didn't have IS or Macro and cost more than the 100(???).
    Thanks for helping me decide on what to get.

Great additions Ohio Buck.
    View My Outdoor Blog @ Caryb.com

Quote Originally Posted by 25ft-up View Post
    Nice pics! I like the duck, and the doe licking best. They're not as sharp as you said, with the 8mp compared to your others. I shot with a 6.3 rebel, and what a difference going to a 18mp 7D. I finally got the 300mm F/4L IS, and 1.4x II, yesterday. Now to find a place like yours to shoot. I also bought the 100mm F/2.8L IS macro, and 24-70mm F/2.8L. I would have liked the 135 to use with the 1.4x, but it didn't have IS or Macro and cost more than the 100(???).
    Thanks for helping me decide on what to get.

Thanks 25, congrats on the new gear.

Quote Originally Posted by carybcom View Post
    Great additions Ohio Buck.
    Thanks cary.

Still playing with the 8mp 1dmkii. This is a really nice camera.

One more for tonight....................... ..

Always enjoy your pix.

I seem to be using my 40D more than my 5d mkii lately, I think the results are just as good unless the light is poor. You have some real solid shots here. Nice to see another archer with the bug. My wife keeps telling me I am not allowed any more hobbies.
    Make every shot count

Thanks 25.

Thank you digger.

A couple new one's, i've been on a wide angle kick lately....................

A few more.......................

I liked this one in b&w as well as color. A little more contrast to the color one though.

really nice...i need to get my d7000 rolling.
    Mathews MR7 orange smoke
    Strykezone 350/380 Xb30 scope
    Scorpyd Velocity, Leupold VX3 4.5 x 14 50 scope, 22" Exacutioner arrows
    Scorpyd Orion, Leupold VX6 2 x 12 42 scope, 22'' Exacutioner arrows

Quote Originally Posted by no1huntmaster View Post
    really nice...i need to get my d7000 rolling.
    Fire it up and post a few.

Burlington, Washington ( Northwestern corner of the Evergreen state)
    Ohio,
    Man alive, what a totally spectacular series of photos my friend! You definitely have a Photographers eye and the skills to go with it!

Dick

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast