Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sorry for this but i need help guys.

sorry for this but i need help guys.

Alright i know that theres so much info on this but i just cant make up my mind and its eating me up. I shoot magnus broadheads (not changing) and i shoot the stingers. i was thinking about trying the snuffer ss this year but i cant make up my mind. i like the stinger 4 blade. they fly awesome and are easy to sharpen. i dont have a sharping stone and i dont want to buy one. im not made of money yet im still in school. what do you guys like to shoot better and for what reason the snuffer ss or the stingers. please everybody who shot one of these or has info let me know. after this im going to pick one...

Thanks Don

ttt
    If it looks like crap, smells like crap, tastes like crap, lies like crap; it’s more than likely a politician from Illinois.

If you like the stingers and they fly great out of your bow, why change. Honestly, you won't notice a difference in lethality between the two. The stingers will kill any animal in the world.
    Shooting yesterday's technology today!
    Hoyt Vectrix XL 60#, 29" DL
    Hoyt Maxxis 35 60#, 29" DL
    Beman ICS Hunter 400 and 340
    Rocket Steelheads 100 and 125 grains

Quote Originally Posted by Mallardbreath View Post
    If you like the stingers and they fly great out of your bow, why change. Honestly, you won't notice a difference in lethality between the two. The stingers will kill any animal in the world.
    yup...what he said.If it isn't broke,you know.

wont the snuffers make a bigger hole than the stingers?

Dad always said "If it ain't broken, don't fix it!"
    Owner: **Precision Tune ** When good enough just ain't good enough!

My favorite from Magnus is a 2blade buzzcut. I'm just a fan over a 2blade over anything else.
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I shoot them both ,they both fly great and are easy to sharpen .

i shoot the snuffers, and have shot the stingers...in my opinion...its like what everyone else said...if it aint broke dont fix it

i still dont know guys

stingers
    Mathews Chill , QAD Ultra Pro HDX-Lost , HHA DS OL 5519, K-Tech String Stop ,Victory VAP 1 400's, ULMER 125 Gr Broadheads (Big Game) Slick Trick 125(Whitetail,Bear) Kuiu gear
    Ex Huey Door Gunner Vietnam 1969-1970, D Troop , 2nd Squadron / 1st Cav Regiment BLACKHAWK

ttt

I like both, but I would stick with the stingers since you already have them. Use the money you were gonna spend on a dmt diamond sharpening stone. Trust me, it would be an extremely worthwhile investment.
    SEABEES CAN DO!

I switched to snuffers this year because I needed 125 grains. stingers that I have are 100 grain . snuffers are 30$ for 6 heads

i have a knife sharpner that works real good. maybe ill just stick with the stingers. the snuffers ss look pretty sweet but idk. everytime i think i come close to picking the snuffers i start to think about the stingers and how easy they are to resharpen. does anybody have any pics of animals taken?

I have found the SS Snuffers a little hard to sharpen. The ones I got needed sharpening out of the box.

not what i wanted to hear. I hate trying to pick new things... i think the snuffer ss will leave a bigger whole witch = more blood on the ground. where i hunt its really thick.

well i made up my mind. im going to try the snuffer ss. if i dont like them i still got my stingers. i just think they will put a better blood trail out because they will leave a whole other than a slice. thanks for the help. anybody has any other feed back id love to here it!

Quote Originally Posted by fishguts430 View Post
    not what i wanted to hear. I hate trying to pick new things... i think the snuffer ss will leave a bigger whole witch = more blood on the ground. where i hunt its really thick.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishguts430 View Post
    well i made up my mind. im going to try the snuffer ss. if i dont like them i still got my stingers. i just think they will put a better blood trail out because they will leave a whole other than a slice. thanks for the help. anybody has any other feed back id love to here it!
    I'm sure you'll be happy with the snuffers. However you statements about bigger is better is logical, but not always truthful. It's hype imo.
    The best trails I've ever had where from a 2blade. Not saying the snuffers aren't great heads, because they are, just making a suggestion
    that you might not want to get rapped up in the bigger is better mentality.

Also, just go get a cheap little lansky or gatco sharpening system.. You can pick one up about the same cost as the snuffers or stingers, then
    you'll be able to make both of those heads scarey sharp & last a lot longer.

i know its all about shot placement for blood trials but i think since(this is just what i think im probably wrong) that since the 3 blades of a snuffer ss is connected at the its gonna make a hole instead of a slice. see what im saying? i dont know how to put it lol. i have a lansky now i think and thats how i sharpen my stingers. but the bleeder blades are a pain.

^10-4. It's always fun seeing a new type of hole.

RFA Phoenix is a bad ass 3blade too. Indestructible.

I don't think you will see any more blood on the ground with a snuffer than with the Stinger. But that is just my personal opinion.
    Shooting yesterday's technology today!
    Hoyt Vectrix XL 60#, 29" DL
    Hoyt Maxxis 35 60#, 29" DL
    Beman ICS Hunter 400 and 340
    Rocket Steelheads 100 and 125 grains

You said that you're not made of money since you're still in school. So I have to ask, why switch? The Stingers perform well as stated by all of the above posts. If you're just looking for a new "toy" be honest about that. But you're not going to gain anything in terms of blood trails by going to the Snuffers. Shot placement is EVERYTHING! Save your $$$ and use it for something good, or just bank it.

David
    2013 Tenpoint Titan Xtreme, BE Executioners
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPX - 51.5 lb, 28" DL
    Spot Hogg Hunter w/Wrap, QAD HDX, Beman ICS Hunter 400s, Magnus Buzzcuts 125gr 2 blade
    2011 Diamond Razor Edge - 50 lb, 28.5" DL
    Redhead Carbon Fury 4560s, Magnus Buzzcuts 125gr 2 blade

i'd stay with the stingers. i may try them this year as well

a hole would leave more blood than a slice wouldnt it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast