a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Ballistic Coefficient of arrows?

Ballistic Coefficient of arrows?

I have been trying to figure out the drop of arrows as the travel. I can not for the life of me find any EASY way to get the BC of a arrow. A small change in BC from say .1 to .05 will cause a arrow to fit 2" lower at 30 yards. The only number I have been able to come up with is .025. when i punch my rough numbers in the calculator its pretty close.
    Any body have the BC of there paticular arrow?

Destroyer 350. Nuff said.

Yep have 2 programs that tell me that.

i just shoot em hahahah

Oh, I shoot plenty. Probley put 1000 arrows thru my bow already. I just like the science behind everything. I come from long range rifle and I know all this stuff for all my loads.
    kjwhfsd: Can you tell me the BC of a 29" GT 75/95? Or where to find that info?
    Destroyer 350. Nuff said.

You can get the ballistic data from programs like TAP. Arrows don't have a BC to many variables. You would have 3 pages of BC's for your shaft. Inserts would change it 2 different ones of them then you have adjustable weights you can add to them 7 different point weights I know of from 3 different makers. Fetching and nock combinations galore not worth the time or effort to do them.

Quote Originally Posted by kjwhfsd View Post
    You can get the ballistic data from programs like TAP. Arrows don't have a BC to many variables. You would have 3 pages of BC's for your shaft. Inserts would change it 2 different ones of them then you have adjustable weights you can add to them 7 different point weights I know of from 3 different makers. Fetching and nock combinations galore not worth the time or effort to do them.
    Exactly, there are just go many variables, as compared to a bullet

Now sectional density for arrows, WOW that's incredible
    SH Archery - PM Scottie/PA here on Archerytalk
    Bowtech Archery Dealer-----Stryker Xbow Dealer
    PSE Pro Series/Mainline Dealer
    60X Custom Strings, Vortex Optics, QAD, NAP and more---Call anytime 724-487-4974
    Supra Max, Full Throttle, WTB 29/50 Full throttle if anyone is looking to sell PM me

Some of the archery programs allow you to inpurt most, if not all, the variables of your arrow and then run the ballistics for you complete with graph. Pretty useful stuff.

Best of luck to you.

I would think true BC for an arrow shaft should be without fletching - and it is not very stable. You can get a trajectory arc with fps, arrow weight, etc., but that's with fletching.
    You can't fix stupid
    PSE Bow Madness, Easton ACC, Armortech sight, bunch of other crap
    Scropyd Silver Ventilator 125, Tapps, Hawke SR IR
    Barnett Recruit, Black Eagle Executioner bolts
    Trojan Shooting Staff