Thread: Arrow Rest for a Hoyt bow

Arrow Rest for a Hoyt bow

Im a beginner archer. I just bought a Hoyt Rampage XT and was wondering if anyone had any advise on what kind of drop away arrow rest I should get

Nap apache$ 59.99

Any rest that strikes your fancy. I like QAD.
    Have a good day and a better hunt

I have 2 hoyts both have QAD's and just for starting out a QAD hunter is a great rest for the price.If you want to spend a little more the other QAD's have a little more adjustment and tuning features.

I have a Ripcord Code Red on my Maxxis 31. It's a great rest for the money. There are a lot of good/great rests out there and you just have to find the one that best fits you and the type of set up that you are going to shoot. (target, hunting, 3d)
    '10 Hoyt Maxxis 31, '10 Fred Bear Assault, Tenpoint Pro-Elite, Fred Bear Super Grizzly.

I started my first year out on a Hoyt Maxxis 31 with an Octane. I was either replacing brushes all the time cause I practiced a lot or my shot placement was not consistent. But like you I was in my first year. As of March this year I'm in my second and have gotten me a Hoyt CRX 35 but I opted to get a Ripcord Code Red or something like that. My accuracy has improved 100%. From personal experience, I wished I had gone with a Rip Cord to begin with. Oh and as the person above this post is saying...its what fits you that is important.
    Hoyt Carbon Matrix
    31" draw/60 lb pull:Viper Sights/RipCord Code Red
    430 gr. Beaman ICS BowHunter/GrimReaper
    Hunter since 1972/Archer since 2010

QAD all the way.... I have a rip cord on my SWAT, sure wished it was a QAD though...
    2010 Black Ops Sentinel FLX (Baldy's Strings and tune)
    2014 Black Ops Bowtech RPM 360

I use a Limbdriver on my Hoyt bow. I like it a lot.
    Hoyt Vectrix

have a QAD on mine, best rest i've ever used.

I put the Hoyt QAD rest on my Hoyt CRX 32.
    "The more MARINES I have around the better I like it!"
    GEN. MARK CLARK, U.S. ARMY

2012 Elite Answer
    2011 Hoyt CRX 32

Be careful what you buy. I was told you should check with a Hoyt dealer before buying any rest. I was told the NAP Apache rest will not fit the Hoyt riser. I have a CRX 32 and I am shooting a Rip Cord code red. My son has a Powerhawk and he shoots a OAD and I like both rests. If I bought another I would probally go with the Hoyt rest , which I believe is made by OAD.

Well depends, are you hunting or target? If your hunting I would agree with the full containment rest. I use the ripcord on my hunting bow. If your target shooting then get your self a trophy taker which is an amazing rest and I hunted with it for years until I got tired of holding my arrow with my index finger all day.
    Hunting 2010 Elite Z28, Trophy Ridge Alpha V5 Micro, Fuse Ultra Rest, Scott Silverhorn, Carbon Express CX300 with Muzzy 90 gr 4blade
    Target 2005 Hoyt ProElite, Chek-it sight, Extreme XTG, Trophy Taker Original rest, Scott Silverhorn, and 33inch Doinker fatty

Mainly a hunter here and I have one Hoyt with a QAD ultra and one with a G5 expert pro (soon to have a QAd HDX).

Trophy Taker Pronghorn Tough, accurate and simple to install.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

Ripcord code red, works great on my maxxis

My ripcord work very well on my rampage xt.

trophy taker and QAD hdx for me
    YOU GOTTA KILL IT BEFORE YOU GRILL IT!!!