a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Tru Fire Hardcore vs. Tru Ball Beast 2 - Anyone have an opinion here?

phoenix5724 Guest

Tru Fire Hardcore vs. Tru Ball Beast 2 - Anyone have an opinion here?

I'm thinking the rope and nylon connections are not for me right now. I like the solid connection/caliper and thing the open hookup would be nice for targets and hunting.

These two releases seem basically the same design with a little bit of difference in style and of course the hardcore is newer (and more expensive) but has anyone tried both of these straight up and have any opinion on them both?

Thanks!

interested to hear some reveiws on these releases
    2013 bowtech experience
    2014 prime impact

I have a Beast II and can tell you with the heavy spring installed it is going to be a winner ...I shoot BT for indoors and 3D but this thing lets you concentrate on your shots and gives you a nice cleak break at the shot ..... I love it ....

phoenix5724 Guest
    Anyone use both of these that doesn't shoot bt? I would have thought this comparison would be all over the web, not because they are copies or anything but because they both appear to be nice releases.

I have the Beast II and absolutely love this release and not using it as a BT release. Had Short N Sweet 2's in the past and really like the solid connection with the Beast II. Getting my best scores in BHFS class with this release.

Have never shot the Hardcore release but if you get an Beast II, you won't be disappointed!
    Rules for posting in the Classifieds-Please click on the link: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/announ....php?f=8&a=168

Proud Staff Shooter for T.R.U Ball releases, Black Eagle Arrows, ProLine Bow Strings, Bohning Archery, Bling Sling & Onestringer Arrow Wraps

phoenix5724 Guest
    I was being stupid, or lazy once and was shooting with a silverhorn ncs and must have turned my wrist or something and ended up punching myself in the eyebrow when the release came off the string. That made me very wary of using that release (even though I knew it was my fault). Does the beast have a pretty secure hook up, for a hook? My problem was completely error in my form but I want something that I know once it hooks in is going to stay hooked through the draw.

Does anyone shoot the hardcore and like the way the head pivots? Gimmick or does it help to center the shot as advertised?

Yes, the hook-up is very secure and for hunting, when timing is everything as your focused on the animal, its one less thing to think about when you go to attach to your d-loop. I shoot a lot and never had an issue with the hook not attaching right or slipping off.
    Rules for posting in the Classifieds-Please click on the link: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/announ....php?f=8&a=168

Proud Staff Shooter for T.R.U Ball releases, Black Eagle Arrows, ProLine Bow Strings, Bohning Archery, Bling Sling & Onestringer Arrow Wraps

I have been looking at the beast II as well for some time.. I am thinking that I will end up going this route some day but if I find a good deal on the beast I would that be just as good of deal or the second gen a must on this?
    Hunting 2010 Elite Z28, Trophy Ridge Alpha V5 Micro, Fuse Ultra Rest, Scott Silverhorn, Carbon Express CX300 with Swacker 100's
    Target 2005 Hoyt ProElite, Chek-it sight, Extreme XTG, Trophy Taker Original rest, Scott Silverhorn, and 33inch Doinker fatty

phoenix5724 Guest
    I was thinking the only difference between the beast and beast 2 is the swept trigger, so I guess that's a matter of preference.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix5724 View Post
    I was thinking the only difference between the beast and beast 2 is the swept trigger, so I guess that's a matter of preference.
    Yes, its just the trigger sweep angle. I prefer the Beast II version with its swept back trigger, works for me. I have seen a few of these go in the classifieds at reasonable prices too.

phoenix5724 Guest
    Anyone else have an opinion on this? I like the tru fire straps that I've had on and there headq is local so I like that too.