a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Bow for Under $400

Best Bow for Under $400

I am tring to help my friend decide on a new hunting bow, but he does not want to spend any more then $400. He is looking hard at the Martin Phantom II. What kind of feedback can you give on that, or what advice do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by MSP21
    I am tring to help my friend decide on a new hunting bow, but he does not want to spend any more then $400. He is looking hard at the Martin Phantom II. What kind of feedback can you give on that, or what advice do you have?

before I even opened this thread that martin came to mind

some might bash me but the NOVA by PSE isn't a bad bow for the money-I watched Perry Harpring clean a few spot tournaments with one
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
    TARGETWORLD/HOYT Staff Shooter
    Proud CEO of Cincinnati Junior Olympians-the first JOAD CLUB
    I buy from BCY/ProLine

If he isnt absolutly sold on getting something brand new, then i suggest looking around a little while for used equipement. I just bought a 2002 Pearson Diamondback that had been shot less that one hundred times for 225 bucks. It is top of the line in every aspect accept the model year. He could probably find last years top of the line models for right around 400 bucks. Ebay is a good place to look....and the classifieds here are second to none. Just do your homework and make sure the guy you buy from is trustworthy, and you will have a top of the line bow in brand spanking new condition for as much as brand new bow that might not be quite as nice.
    "Stay calm....pick a spot"
    "Pick a hair....put it there"

There's a lot of great bows for sale posted in the classifieds. You could have your choice of top of the line bows from last year at about that price...just another option.

Quote Originally Posted by Easykeeper
    There's a lot of great bows for sale posted in the classifieds. You could have your choice of top of the line bows from last year at about that price...just another option.

good point
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
    TARGETWORLD/HOYT Staff Shooter
    Proud CEO of Cincinnati Junior Olympians-the first JOAD CLUB
    I buy from BCY/ProLine

look in the classifieds.
    2005 Mathews Switchback 70# 30"
    Cobra Sidewinder
    Bo Doodle Zapper 300
    Doinker 7" D2
    100GR Rocky Mnt Revolution
    Gold Tip Pro Hunter 5575
    Vapor Trail Strings

Yep I'd say look for a 2004 bow as well, right now bows are going like hot cakes because everyone is wanting a 2005 bow, either to order or theirs is in and they want to dump their old bow.

If you are patient and look around you can pretty much pick out any bow from 2004 and get it for $400 or less. A heck of a lot more bow than you will get for $400 with a 2005 model.

I would look at the Hoyt Ultramag! You can get a new one for around $400 and might also look on ebay. Very quite bow!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim C
    before I even opened this thread that martin came to mind

some might bash me but the NOVA by PSE isn't a bad bow for the money-I watched Perry Harpring clean a few spot tournaments with one

I like my PSE Nova a lot
    He who controls the past commands the future, He who commands the future, conquers the past.

- Kane

Martin's are good bows, I really like the Cougars.
    Little Jon Archery Products
    Bowstring Jig and Serving Winders
    BCY String Material distributor, Bowstring making and tuning Phone Orders 800-437-9145

Phantom II....

I have a Phantom II and it's my favorite bow ever....and the shoot-through system rocks....for hunting and target!!
    PSE X-Force Vendetta XS
    Bowtech Assassin
    Crimson Talon Viper Venom

I'd also look for a year old bow. That's what I did and I couldn't be happier. I bought a Marting Slayr and it's a great bow. If you have to have a new bow, check out the Martin Saber. I believe they are around 375.00 mark (don't quote me on that), but they are really nice hunting bows.

Check out the Martin Saber, very quiet with very little vibration. Cost is around $350.00. Hoyt UltraMag is a good bow for about $450.00. Diamond Rapture is also a good bow for around $400. These are probably the most popular of the bows in that price range. Hope this helps.

Martin has some excellent bows in that price range and I would also look at the Hoyt UltraMag I bought one new last year for $330 the UltraSport was $300 you can not beat the price for the quality of the bow you are getting.

You might also want to give ArcheryDirect a look as they have closeout modles from Darton for a very good price.

pse bruin

If he is looking for a hunting bow, for about $499 He can get a Bow Tech Tomcat. This is a powerful bow. Since he is on a budget, this one is already set up with a quiver, arrow rest, pin sight, sling, "hush" kit (string and limb silencers). A friend of mine just got this and is really happy with it.

Take a look at Reflex, especially the Buckskin.

The best bow under $400 is the Martin Saber, without question a real shooter

Thumbs up Bow

The Tomkat package is a great buy. At our shop it is 445+tax. ready to shoot with sight, rest, quiver, even Dloop. The TK is an excellent bow, even without the pkg.

Check out the Forge bows, they have the CW33 under $400.00 and three bows under $500.00

Forge has two new bows to there line. The RAPTOR & the AMBUSHER

Call Forge @ 414-732-7400 ask for Steve he the owner, the web site is not up dated, but they have a new catalog for 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by sbarnes489
    I'd also look for a year old bow. That's what I did and I couldn't be happier. I bought a Marting Slayr and it's a great bow. If you have to have a new bow, check out the Martin Saber. I believe they are around 375.00 mark (don't quote me on that), but they are really nice hunting bows.
    Couldn't agree more! Martin Saber is sweet. Reasonable price and shoots with the big boys. Go try one and you'll see what I mean.
    Martin Archery Dealer located in SOUTHCENTRAL KENTUCKY 270-774-7470
    MEMBER MFL CLUB! 2015 Models Arriving November

he can buy pretty much any brand new pearson/mcpherson bow on the market in atmore alabama for 200.00-450.00

Id say a pearson diamondback. Kind of like the one Ive got for sale in the classifieds

You should check out a hoyt ultramag which is in that range with lots of the features which are on the top of the line Hoyt's. Another option is to check out the Reflex line as they are very good values alos.

old but brand new pse avenger 2002 model $229

these are great shooting no vibration bows

http://store.yahoo.com/archery-experts/pse4.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast