Thread: Sidekick side quiver or greatnorthern strapon for hunting and why

Sidekick side quiver or greatnorthern strapon for hunting and why

Sidekick side quiver or greatnorthern strapon for hunting and why. Does greatnorthern come off easy enough to take off when you get in tree.

If I was restricted to those two, I guess I'd go with the Sidekick because I don't like bow quivers. My prefernace, and what I've used since it's inception, is the Safari-Tuff "Arrowmaster". Works better than any I've used (including the Sidekick).

Chad
    Support the Future of Archery--Support the NASP

In the picture it looks big but cannot really tell. I hunt from treestand and THINK I want lite and simple. But thats why Im asking I am using a Selway slide on quiver now that I hate. open to all options keeping in mind treestand hunting. THANKS all

The Duiker is a smaller/lighter version with no pockets. The D-rings make it simple to strap to the tree if you are in a stand.

I tried the Selway a few times--makes the bow feel off-balance to me.

Chad
    Support the Future of Archery--Support the NASP

I agree you will see selway in classified section soon.

I like great nothern but I don't mind the extra weight of a bow quiver. If you have a take-down and use the quick detach quiver they work nice. If you are using the strap on model you will not want to take it on and off every time you sit. I got a tight spot a while ago and it is a great quiver but you need AMO holes to mount it.

Since I'm strictly a bowhunter, I prefer a side quiver and my preference is a GFA side quiver since it can go through thick brush and avoid low hanging tree limbs. The GFA can be worn like a back quiver too in more open terrain.

http://www.gfredasbell.com/hunter_image_quivers.php
    Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". BS: 12StrDyna97. BrcHt: 7 1/2". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. SPD: 185 fps. GPP: 10.02
    Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". BS: 12StrDyna97. BrcHt: 7 5/8". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. SPD: 174 fps. GPP: 11.37