Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trophy Ridge Revolution REVIEW

Trophy Ridge Revolution REVIEW

Ok so after much research I have found one thing about the new revolutionary arrow rest...... There are absolutely no good reviews on it. but for $50 I took the leap and am writing the first real review on it!

At first glance- very odd looking idea that is intriguing and out of the box appears to be made of good quality.

Ease of install- Extremely EASY!!!! I had never installed a rest before this one. The instructions are very detailed and almost too complicated but it is super easy to install. Took me 15min and I was off and shooting.

Function- only one word...... FLAWLESS. I shot this for the first time up at my local range with minimal tuning. I have had ZERO fletching contact shooting at 300FPS. This thing is truly flawless. I was surprised shooting next to all the guys with $150+ rests such as QAD and ripcord and they all asked me where I got it and how much more is it than the QAD. my answer was it is a third of the price!!! The reason they were asking is because this rest make almost ZERO noise (unlike the QAD) and has the quality of a $150 rest. FOB friendly. Shot over 1000 shots through it with absolutely no failure! TRUE FULL CAPTURE AND ZERO FLETCHING CONTACT!!!!

I give this rest a ***** out of ***** stars. It seriously is the most well worth the money accessory I have purchased for my bow.

For $50 you CANNOT beat this rest. Hell for $200 you cannot beat this rest!!

My opinion GET IT NOW!!!! do yourself a favor and save some money.

the only downside to this rest is that it does need some felt where the arrow makes contact with the rest and none comes in the package. an easy and well worth it $2 upgrade.

x2. I ordered 4 more after setting up my first one

Question, does the back "catpure" part of the rest touch the arrow? If no, how much clearance around the arrow is there?

It only touches the arrow when you have the bow string in full draw. if not it captures so no matter which way you turn the bow the arrow will not fall out. but thewre is about .25 inch clearance.

Quote Originally Posted by ascherer View Post
    Ok so after much research I have found one thing about the new revolutionary arrow rest...... There are absolutely no good reviews on it. but for $50 I took the leap and am writing the first real review on it!

At first glance- very odd looking idea that is intriguing and out of the box appears to be made of good quality.

Ease of install- Extremely EASY!!!! I had never installed a rest before this one. The instructions are very detailed and almost too complicated but it is super easy to install. Took me 15min and I was off and shooting.

Function- only one word...... FLAWLESS. I shot this for the first time up at my local range with minimal tuning. I have had ZERO fletching contact shooting at 300FPS. This thing is truly flawless. I was surprised shooting next to all the guys with $150+ rests such as QAD and ripcord and they all asked me where I got it and how much more is it than the QAD. my answer was it is a third of the price!!! The reason they were asking is because this rest make almost ZERO noise (unlike the QAD) and has the quality of a $150 rest. FOB friendly. Shot over 1000 shots through it with absolutely no failure! TRUE FULL CAPTURE AND ZERO FLETCHING CONTACT!!!!

I give this rest a ***** out of ***** stars. It seriously is the most well worth the money accessory I have purchased for my bow.

For $50 you CANNOT beat this rest. Hell for $200 you cannot beat this rest!!

My opinion GET IT NOW!!!! do yourself a favor and save some money.

the only downside to this rest is that it does need some felt where the arrow makes contact with the rest and none comes in the package. an easy and well worth it $2 upgrade.
    Thanks for the review!! Please keep us updated with any issues that may come up.
    Hoyt Alphamax 32
    62lb, 29", Tight Spot, Spot Hogg Hunter 5 pin, WB, Fuse Carbon Blade, Easton Axis ST 400
    Hoyt Alpha Burner
    74lb, 28.5", TT Pronghorn, Spot Hogg Hunter 5 pin, Fuse Carbon Blade Easton Axis St 300
    He has risen!

That is what I was afraid of, I don't want the back capture part to ever touch the arrow (except if bumped). Should only have one contact point. Can you adjust the angle of the rest to eliminate that contact?

Thank you, I've been waiting for a little more depth. I think I will try one out on my next bow.
    South Paw in Training
    Gold Tip arrows, AAE vanes, Limb Driver rests, B-Stinger stabs, Axcel sights, Carter Just Cuz

Thanks for the review

That is great review thanks
    DCAP Field staff
    Natures Essence Pro Staff
    Center Punch Strings Pro Staff

Got mine on a mathews z7 shooting 320 fps with no problems either. No the back dont touch the arrow & u dont want it to per trophy ridge.
    2014 Black & Red Hoyt Faktor 30 w/ Carbon Fiber Limbs
    Hoyt Carbon Fiber Stabilizer / Trophy Ridge Quiver Lite
    Trophy Ridge Red Revolution
    Trophy Ridge Reaction Sight
    Carbon Express Maxima Red / NAP Killzones

How is it for accuracy and groups? Thanks!
    NBA Eclipse 70# @ 33.5"/Black Eagle Rampages w FF Vanes/Exodus/Black Gold Ascent/Axion Pulse
    PSE Freak 64# @ 33.5"/Black Eagle Carnivores/Grave Digger/BG Ascent/Axion Pulse
    Thunderhorn Longbow 64# @ 32"/ Arrow Dynamic Trad Arrows
    John's Custom Strings

Mine it grouping the size of a baseball & tighter. Already start having to replace fletchings & nocks.

Can you post some pics?

Pics of the rest or arrow groups.

the rest.
    Bear Method , Trophy Ridge,

Trophy ridge revolution

Trophy ridge revolution rest.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have Robin Hooded 2 since getting this rest

I put the felt on the front part of the rest & made if even more quiet, if already wasnt quiet enough

It seems like it might be a pain to load an arrow?? Do you cock it first and then slide the arrow through or lay the arrow on the shelf and then cock it?
    NBA Eclipse 70# @ 33.5"/Black Eagle Rampages w FF Vanes/Exodus/Black Gold Ascent/Axion Pulse
    PSE Freak 64# @ 33.5"/Black Eagle Carnivores/Grave Digger/BG Ascent/Axion Pulse
    Thunderhorn Longbow 64# @ 32"/ Arrow Dynamic Trad Arrows
    John's Custom Strings

2 ways you put arrow in & then cock it or simply just pull the string back & it will cock it for you.

How far forward can you mount the rest? Can you get the arrow support point over the arrow shelf near the berger hole? (the pivot point of the bow)

Were every your mount screw holes r & you can then use the adjustment screw to slide it forward r backwards for your arrow length.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackersmacker1 View Post
    Were every your mount screw holes r & you can then use the adjustment screw to slide it forward r backwards for your arrow length.
    I don't understand your answer? I like my rest installed so that the arrow is level with the berger hole and the arrow supported about 1/4" - 1/2" back from the berger hole (the pivot point of the bow). Is that possible with this rest.

I guess it depends on your bow. But after looking at mine you will be able to. Mine is were it is because of the length of my arrows. But it does have adjustments to slide it forward & back. Hope this helps.

I really like the looks of this rest, especially for the money. I really like my QAD HD rests, but for the money I'll probably give one of these a try. I think these would be great for those bows that have a very narrow, curved shelf since you won't have to worry about a launcher making contact with the shelf....

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast