Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trophy Ridge Revolution REVIEW

i have shot QADs for years and have swapped to this rest. its easy to setup, easy to load, holds the arrow great, and i have had no problems with vane contact. trophy ridge really hiy a home run with this one

I agree with drbowhunter. I have been shooting QADs for about 4 years. I really liked the concept of this rest after seeing a prototype back in October. I bought one and installed it last night. It was worth it.

The setup was very simple since you don't have to try to tune the timing of the drop. It is completely silent, and paper tuned on my Carnage with only 2 minor adjustments. Maybe 30 minutes from being in the package to being on the bow and paper-tuned.

Pictures, i know this is a pain, but could someone take 3 pictures. 1 each of the clearance around the arrow shaft and the back containment arm at rest and full draw. The third, even more of a pain if your all set-up, move the rests as far forward as it will go and still clear the arrow shelf as it rotates, arrow shaft going through the center of the berger hole. Thanks in advance.

I would like to see pictures of this rest in a real setup, I mean does it only hold the arrow level? I know most nock pts are slightly higher than level so I'd like to see how this rest sets up in the real world. Any pics would be great! thanks.
    I luv hunting like fat kids luv cake!

06 Parker Buck Hunter --> 08 Bear DoneDeal --> 2010 Elite GT-500

At full draw the arrow is level but nock is slightly higher not at full draw.

does this rest work well with FOB's. wanting to switch to fob's and im looking for a drop away.
    PSE Axe 6
    Hoyt Rampage XT
    Trophy Ridge Pursuit
    Victory V-Force Pink Arrows Tru ball diamond pro
    Trophy Ridge Revolution rest

I really like the look of this rest, and was looking for a drop away to replace my biscuits, without breaking my pocket book. I ordered one for each bow, interested to see how they work out.
    Preserve Wildlife, Use Freezer Bags
    '12 Hoyt Carbon Matrix RKT, MBG Ascent Sight, Limbdriver Micro Elite, Posten Stab, Victory X-Ringer HV=300 fps!
    '10 Hoyt Maxxis 31 AT, Bowstring Store Strings, Trophy Ridge Hit Man 5 Sight, Limbdriver Pro V, Trophy Ridge Stab, Victory VForce V3's tipped with Grim Reaper Hades.

2 questions if anyone can answer, will it fit on a vendetta xs and will it hit fletching (3" fusions or 4" duravanes) on the shorter brace heights?
    '10 PSE X-Force Vendetta XS 29.5" hha,TR revolution
    2011 Strothers SR-71 80lb , 2011 Omen pro, 08 HF-6
    gold tip velocity pro w/2" razors
    100 grain slick tricks &muzzy 3 blades

Also looking at one for a PSE but a Bowmadness.

I went over and looked at several reviews and videos on the TR Revolution and it looked like it just might be a "revolution" design. I never did hear them say if it was imperative that you locked it. Can you shoot it without the lock bar coming up?
    Athens Archery Factory Staff Shooter
    Life is too short to live without a Sharps Quigley
    Broughton Art and knives com]
    DCA Staff Shooter
    Athens Afflixtion

Guys, for those of you shooting this rest, are you still happy with it and have you had any issues with it? Im seriously thinking about swapping out my QAD to try one of these to get good vane clearance. How hard is it to set up? I would think it would be difficult as you cannot get a bow square in it to adjust knock height. Are the directions easy to follow? Thanks for any input good or bad

Like i said love mine easy to tune. Took about 5 shots to get it hitting dead center. The directions is easy to set up. Ive put a ton of arrows through it with no failures. You can pre-cock it or just pull your string back & it will cock it back automatic. HERES SOME PICS OF IT ON MY BOW.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quaker,

Thanks for the write up, I am liking this thing more and more.

Is the launcher arm metal or plastic?

Ok, I got mine, and set it up on my Maxxis 31. It set up fast and easy. I got perfect bullet holes through paper at 7-20 yards...but I do have a small amount of fletching contact on the bottom side. It doesn't seem to affect the arrow, as I said it shoots bullet holes through paper. Not sure how that works, but I kid you not. I moved the rest down/nock up, but all that did was give me a tail high tear. Not sure if it stopped the contact, as it didn't take long to figure out that the arrow was coming out funky. I have no clue how to get the contact to stop, or if I should even worry about it, since it is shooting really well.
    '12 Hoyt Carbon Matrix RKT, MBG Ascent Sight, Limbdriver Micro Elite, Posten Stab, Victory X-Ringer HV=300 fps!
    '10 Hoyt Maxxis 31 AT, Bowstring Store Strings, Trophy Ridge Hit Man 5 Sight, Limbdriver Pro V, Trophy Ridge Stab, Victory VForce V3's tipped with Grim Reaper Hades.

I also got the one on my Diamond Marquis on and set up, really easy set up...haven't shot it yet to see if the problem is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Rgarbarino View Post
    Is the launcher arm metal or plastic?

Thanks for the review and comments, guys. You helped me to make up my mind.

From what Ive read, the launcher arm is plastic. What vanes are you using that you are getting clearance issues?

The launcher arms are metal. I am using Blazers.

I just bought one today to replace the Hostage XL rest on my Assassin as the brushes were pretty loose after a few hundred arrows. Amazing improvement- my groups shrank to about 1/2 the size as the best groups with the Hostage. Even Robin Hooded my first arrow today! Works great very quiet and easy to load. The arm actually has a rubber coating on it and is non magnetic, but is somewhat flexible, maybe aluminum or plastic? As the price is very similar, I wish Bowtech would include this in the RAK package instead.

My dad just bought one these for his Mathews Switchback. Ready for him to get it installed. My have to replace my old school trophy ridge rest. Really want a full containment rest.
    Mathews Helim 28" 62lb
    HHA Ds-Xl5510
    QAD Ultra-Rest Pro HD
    Axion GLZ Gridlock "Lite" 6.5oz
    Axis N-Fused 400 with 100gr G5 T3 Broadhead in TightSpot

Quote Originally Posted by familyguy View Post
    Ok, I got mine, and set it up on my Maxxis 31. It set up fast and easy. I got perfect bullet holes through paper at 7-20 yards...but I do have a small amount of fletching contact on the bottom side. It doesn't seem to affect the arrow, as I said it shoots bullet holes through paper. Not sure how that works, but I kid you not. I moved the rest down/nock up, but all that did was give me a tail high tear. Not sure if it stopped the contact, as it didn't take long to figure out that the arrow was coming out funky. I have no clue how to get the contact to stop, or if I should even worry about it, since it is shooting really well.
    Have you tried changing the orientation of your vanes?
    Sometimes nothing is a really cool hand.
    Semper Fidelis to all of my fellow Marines, past and present.

Authorized Dealer for PSE, G5 Prime and Strother Archery

Well I ordered a vapour trail limbdriver pro V but was shipped the trophy ridge revolution rest instead. After reading the review I think I may keep the rest. Even though I paid more than I should have. Maybe it was a good mistake. Thanks for the review.

Where are you guys buying these? Eagle Archery seems to be the cheapest at 62 dollars, does that sound about right for a micro adjust

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast