Thread: Tuning Diamond Bows

Tuning Diamond Bows

Has anyone done much tinkering with Diamond bows? What do you think of them? I've been thinking about buying one to play with.

I have not tinkered with any of the "adult" models but setting them up is not hard and they shoot pretty well, shot the Outlaw last weekend and that is a nice piece for "under" $500. Tuned many a Razor Edge and it is one of the best growing archer bows out there. They are solid bows and if you shoot them well then you should consider one....
    G-Fade Quest Primal LH 72# @ 29.25"
    Proline Strings BCY X
    GT Velocity XT's 372gr
    Speed = 309 fps
    Grim Reapers....Watch em drop!

i have a Diamond Rock and i have a ton of fun with it. I can shoot awesome groups with it and its fast enough for me. Im shooting about 285 to 290fps with a 397gr arrow. plenty of Ke to take down an Elk if i ever draw a tag... the newer models are sporting an even faster speed than my 2008 model. Just go shoot one and you can decide for yourself... Good luck.

They are well built and shoot great. I have had a Victory, Black ice both where great. The new ones may shoot well BUT, they look and feel CHEAP.

I have an 07 Black Ice that has had well over 6000 shots thru it. Easy to tune and shoots well. The lower limb cracked this past Jan. and the factory replaced the limbs with the current model. Put back together and shooting as good as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by archeryshack View Post
    Has anyone done much tinkering with Diamond bows? What do you think of them? I've been thinking about buying one to play with.
    What model you looking at???? played with quite a few of them, still like the Marquis also
    Hoyt Vector35 - QAD - Spot-Hogg - Doinker - Easton - FOB's
    Hoyt Dorado 50# - FMJ's
    T.R.U. Ball www.truball.com FOB's www.Starrflight.com Doinker www.doinker.com
    "If you dont stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them!!"

my gf has a razor edge, and after replacing all the original components with upgraded ones she loves it, she shoots every chance she can get
    Bowtech Insanity,25.5" dl, 60# dw , Carbon Express Blue streaks @ 285fps, with Grim Reaper hybrids.
    HHA OL 5019 sight 4x lens and clarifier , Nap Apache, bling sling , Torqueless sideplates
    truglo stab with bowjax dampners , bowjax limb dampners and custom riser dampners .

I have an 09 Stud. Some mentioned tuning issues, me personally? I love it, she's a sweet shooter and at my short DL, still puts out a decent speed. It's quiet, has a good ATA, and feels good in my hand. Of course, the Stokerized might help the quiet part...

I have the 09' Iceman great bow, and self pressing
    A Redneck lost in a yuppie town

I have an 07 Black Ice and still really like the bow. It shoots awsome and tunes easy. I still think it is the best diamond bow made but that is MHO. I have never had a minutes trouble out the bow and I have no idea how many times I have shot it. I couldn't even venture a guess on how many hogs I have killed with the bow.

I just bought a new bow but only because I wanted more speed and something a little newer.

Quote Originally Posted by 454casull View Post
    I have not tinkered with any of the "adult" models but setting them up is not hard and they shoot pretty well, shot the Outlaw last weekend and that is a nice piece for "under" $500. Tuned many a Razor Edge and it is one of the best growing archer bows out there. They are solid bows and if you shoot them well then you should consider one....
    im sorry to thread jack but have you ever ran into a prob on razor edge where the center shot is to close to riser? i was about to put a dropaway on a bow yesterday and noticed there is no way to set the centershot in line with string without vanes hitting riser it was the weirdest thing it seems by leveling and looking that it will be impossible to avoid riser contact without a small vane. it just isnt making sense. if you could pm,txt or email me that would be awesome i dont wanna clutter up this guys thread for no reason yalchga@gmail.com 5058595908 . again sorry for threadjacking

Quote Originally Posted by gabe_yalch View Post
    im sorry to thread jack but have you ever ran into a prob on razor edge where the center shot is to close to riser? i was about to put a dropaway on a bow yesterday and noticed there is no way to set the centershot in line with string without vanes hitting riser it was the weirdest thing it seems by leveling and looking that it will be impossible to avoid riser contact without a small vane. it just isnt making sense. if you could pm,txt or email me that would be awesome i dont wanna clutter up this guys thread for no reason yalchga@gmail.com 5058595908 . again sorry for threadjacking
    check the idler lean

RE is a 2 cam bow but the yokes can and usually do need adjustment. These bows can exhibit a decent amount of lean out of the box. They also need to have the cams sync'd after string break in 200+ shoots.
    G-Fade Quest Primal LH 72# @ 29.25"
    Proline Strings BCY X
    GT Velocity XT's 372gr
    Speed = 309 fps
    Grim Reapers....Watch em drop!

did realize the razors edge had 2 cams. LOL

Never shot one

My primary whitetail bow is a 2007 Black Ice with a Torqueless grip and Vaportrail strings. Super smooth draw and haven't had a single issue with it even though it has been shot alot. Make sure the starting position of the cam is good and idler lean is zero at full draw and it will shoot great. For a single cam hunting bow its hard to beat.

Have had a 07 Black Ice and now have a 2010 Iceman FLX. Both are amazing bows, really diggin the Iceman, super quiet, shock free and accurate.