Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tough Mudder

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty45 View Post
    Fap, how did it go?
    Cold and long. 90% of the course was trail running except there were no trails. Lots of rocks though. My arches and heels are very tender. I'd say the hardest obstacle was the Death March. I only managed to make it up half the hill before I had to walk it. It was just too steep. I did complete all the obstacles and managed to avoid the water on Twinkle Toes, Funky Monkey and the rings. Lines were minimal except for a few. I somehow managed to avoid the 10k volt wire on Electroshock Therapy. That was the one obstacle that I really thought hard about. That wire hurts. In all it was a lot of fun. There were 10 of us and most of us agreed that it was harder than the Tri State.

TM is a blast. My wife and I competed and completed it last fall here in VA. I was mighty proud of my wife.

I'm thinking real serious about the TM in Maysville, KY Oct. 20th, 21st. Running my first Warrior Dash in central KY in June.

Is there a best kind of shoes to wear for this?
    Its not what I do.........Its who I am..

hire - drive - buy - be

AMERICAN

Quote Originally Posted by scrapejuice View Post
    I'm thinking real serious about the TM in Maysville, KY Oct. 20th, 21st. Running my first Warrior Dash in central KY in June.

I'd imagine the KY course terrain will be similar or maybe even more difficult than Pocono so I'd look into a decent pair of trail runners...not something from Kohl's that's for sure. I wish I had at least thrown my Superfeet insoles into my shoes. The loose rocks were a real PITA.

My wife's sister, who was spectating, snapped this photo.

232323232%7Ffp;6;)nu=3234)9(5)397)WSNRCG=3564 (64633 nu0mrj.jpg

Haha, yeah I remember that banner.

I am looking at the Co TM also I'm here in NM and been training quite a bit. As for the shoe question I love my Inov-8's has anyone ran one of these in a pair from here on AT?

Good (preferably old) running or trail shoes. I duct-taped mine on....I highly recommend that. Oh, and wear socks that won't slide down under your foot.....that really sucked.
    09 Bowtech Sniper 32"-72# - Easton 300 ST Epics - Ripcord - Axcel Armortech HD - T.R.U. Ball Beast - Control Freak Steadilizer - 60X Strings

Headed up to tough mudder CO this afternoon. 0940 start time in the morning. Am strangely calm about the whole deal. Don't know If that is due to confidence or ignorance. Wish me luck!

Good luck TagSandwich! post pics when you can. Reading all these post is pumping me up! I was training for TM for 4 months and then tore my shoulder and had 5 anchors put in. I have one more PT appointment before I'm free to train again. Therapist advised me not to push it for a year due to how severe the tear was and location. Planning on TM somertime in 2013, any training tips?

tell us how it went TagSandwich!!

hire - drive - buy - be

AMERICAN

I will be doing the Indiana Tough Mudder this Sunday. Looks like it's gonna be hot. Anyone else gonna be there?
    Darton DS 3800

It's rather quite simple; You either do it or you don't!

Ill be at the Indiana one... Start time is 0800 on Saturday....

Really on the fence about running the October 20th one here in Maysville KY. I'll turn 41 October 28th, so not sure how many days or weeks I'll be down after it, if I run it. I'm in well above average shape for my age, but running is not my strong point. Do lots of crossfit type workouts and weight train 3-4 days a week. Just don't want to be so down and out that I can't be ready to hunt starting the first week of November.

hire - drive - buy - be

AMERICAN

Sorry, guys, havn't been able to get to an update until now. So, it WAS AWESOME! I'm hooked, will definitely be doing TM CO again, and looking around for other locations to possibly travel to so I can experience other courses. What was billed as a 10 mile course turned out to be 12. Nice little mental obstacle thrown at us on run day, after about mile two, we heard rumors of the longer course. Also added some obstacles and variations. With the climbing, and elevation, there were alot of people walking sections (including me). However, I had done quite a bit of running to prep, so the distance/endurance side never really challenged me all that bad. We had a guy on our team that is an absolute hulk of a man (6'5"/265 lean #'s), dominated the obstacles, but struggled on the running/endurance. We walked and waited on him a lot. Course time was an unimpressive 4h40m, but we finished as a team and that was more important.

Scrapejuice, I would do it. You will be fine if you are in above-average shape. Lots of people doing it in all shapes, sizes and fitness levels. The run/endurance part is only as intense as you want to make it. I'll post pics once I 've had time to upload.

On being down for days or weeks after, the day after I was a little sore all over, but not a lot sore anywhere. A few bruises and scrapes, but generally injury free. Was fine by Monday (ran Saturday). Next year, thinking about running both days. Saturday with a team, Sunday on my own. I'm approaching 38, not far behind you 'juice.

Quote Originally Posted by TagSandwich View Post
    On being down for days or weeks after, the day after I was a little sore all over, but not a lot sore anywhere. A few bruises and scrapes, but generally injury free. Was fine by Monday (ran Saturday). Next year, thinking about running both days. Saturday with a team, Sunday on my own. I'm approaching 38, not far behind you 'juice.
    I'm in! Thanks man! I would like to find a team of about 3 others to run with.

I can't even seem to find anybody to run a warrior dash with! People are just friggn' lazy I guess!

hire - drive - buy - be

AMERICAN

I'm in! Thanks man! I would like to find a team of about 3 others to run with.

I can't even seem to find anybody to run a warrior dash with! People are just friggn' lazy I guess!
    I have the same problem. I am traveling 4 hours with my wife and kids to do the tough mudder by myself this weekend. Would be a lot more fun with some people I knew.
    Darton DS 3800

So i wake up early this morning ready to face the challenge only to find out the indiana tough mudder has been cancelled on Sunday due to flooding. I am bummed. They are giving us a free entry into any mudder of our choice.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Darton DS 3800

Finished the Indiana Tough Mudder 2:30:00

did the minnesota/wi tm in may in somerset. went sunday and was frozen with sub 60 degree temps and rain/drizzle. rain the night before made the whole course muddy, not just some of the obsticles. however, it was awesome and i defenitely want to do it again.

I"m so pumped, I can't even sleep....and mine isn't till mid October!

hire - drive - buy - be

AMERICAN

I just sigmed up for the one in Frederick, Md. on Sept 9th. Anyone interested in joining my team, let me know and I will get the info to you. The team name is Southern Pride.

Funky Monkey like a boss....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12