Thread: Arrow wear question

Arrow wear question

I have had GT arrows wear the plastic nock then wear a grove in the shaft after repeated shooting. No dough this is causing a weakness and might be why we hear of nock failures.The new alum nock fixes this problem but wears the deck channel of your bow.
    My question is for you guys shooting the Carbon Express arrows. Are you seeing this wear on the back of your arrows. If you are how bad is it. And a guess as to how many shots until you fill un-safe.

No wear ...
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE,
    Zeiss 3-12x50mmDuralyt, CamX Accuspine arrows, 100gr RamCats or Spitfire Maxx & Firenocks
    Swarovski, Leica rangefinder, Surefire & Fenix lights.
    Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor.
    NRA Life Member 1971 Join up and fight to regain your rights!

Thanks That's a big plus.

I shoot CE and no wear...............After I load an arrow, I double check that it's against the string, most times it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfirehunter View Post
    I shoot CE and no wear...............After I load an arrow, I double check that it's against the string, most times it isn't.
    Why whats going on. I always double check but cant remember the nock not being against the string.
    With a moon nock i twist it back and forth a few times as i seat it.

No wear. None at all.

Quote Originally Posted by rt2bowhunter View Post
    Why whats going on. I always double check but cant remember the nock not being against the string.
    With a moon nock i twist it back and forth a few times as i seat it.
    "2", My arrow retention spring is tight, maybe to tight...The arrow when placed on the rail (loaded), sometimes it isn't against the string. I also twist the arrow to make sure it's aligned against the moon nock, maybe it's this alignment or rather lack of that makes me think the arrow is not against the string. I though this might be a cause of nock wear and something easily checked. Thanks.

I recommend ... replacing all your plastic GT nocks ASAP ... or perhaps sooner. LOL For a buck an arrow you may prevent a cataclysmic event.
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE,
    Zeiss 3-12x50mmDuralyt, CamX Accuspine arrows, 100gr RamCats or Spitfire Maxx & Firenocks
    Swarovski, Leica rangefinder, Surefire & Fenix lights.
    Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor.
    NRA Life Member 1971 Join up and fight to regain your rights!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
    I recommend ... replacing all your plastic GT nocks ASAP ... or perhaps sooner. LOL For a buck an arrow you may prevent a cataclysmic event.
    I agree if for no other reason than the wear. I replaced mine then the rail of my bow started to show wear. That's what lead me to this question.

Got ya Foxfire Thanks