Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Test 5.deux- The Expendables revisited

Hey Whitey, have you thought about hitting up the broadhead companies and explaining what you are doing, send them the links to your tests. See if some if any are confident enough to send you a couple samples. Maybe even kiss their butts a little?
    2014 Bowtech Carbon Overdrive 29" 72#
    2005 Bowtech Allegiance with Barnsdale limbs - 29" - 83#
    Oneida Eagle, Screaming Eagle - gotta love it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seanr900 View Post
    Hey Whitey, have you thought about hitting up the broadhead companies and explaining what you are doing, send them the links to your tests. See if some if any are confident enough to send you a couple samples. Maybe even kiss their butts a little?
    The only manufacturer I have contacted was Trophy Taker, and that was only because in test 2 I buried one of my Terminals in an inch of bone and when trying to wiggle it out I broke it of at the threads instead of just chopping it out with a sawzall. I did tell them what I was doing, but no links or anything. Personally, I don't like asking those sort of questions from manufacturers of anything. Not really sure why, just not something I feel like I deserve, if that makes sense. Kind of like my family members telling me to try and publish this stuff so I make money off of it. Like I said in the beginning tests, these started out for my personal knowledge in a search for the best performing arrow weight out of my set up at the time, (59# D350). But I figured when I did them, I might as well share the data. And then it kind of morphed into what it is now, lol. Good thing I'm laid off, otherwise I wouldn't have time for all this.

Originally Posted by tiny52: No construction material There was a guy who tried to make a name for himself by shooting through steel barrels and I took his test apart...to the point of where he vanished. These construction materials show nothing other than what the imagination allows. Your doing real well as your doing it You just need some refinement IMO

My response to this post and others similar:

Just realized I need to make somethings abundantly clear to everyone who reads these little tests I have been doing
    1. I am not trying to make a name for myself, or get "sponsored", or have any alterior motives
    2. If you notice my previous two tests, same broadheads, different arrow weights
    3. Testing different broadheads, other than what Nontypical225 shoots, was not my idea. I volunteered to shoot other peoples heads for FUN
    4. I was a bit skeptical as to even posting these tests for fear, (not really afraid, but you get the deas), that it would turn into this, "You're not testing fair", or "You should do it this way", or any of that crap. If you don't think I am doing it right do it yourself. I started doing this testing for my own information, if I can help someone make a better choice on their broadheads this coming better choice on their broadheads this coming year, fan-f-in'-tastic

I think that getting any sort of "free" stuff from the manufactures would taint the test.
    (Not disparaging Whiteys character here)

Anything provided for "free" for testing always implies some sort of advertising, "pro" relationship etc.....

This test is good as it is going.
    Whitey started this on his own, then got sent stuff from Joe Blow hunters (as far as I know) to try out.
    No commercials, no pro deals, no nothing.

I like it that way.

PS - Plus, if he advertises it too much he will be probably be sued by Rage. Facts getting in the way of marketing tends to make that happen.

I would love for Rage to come after me for proving their heads are a "one and done", if that. Have fun squeezing that rock for blood guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey375 View Post
    I would love for Rage to come after me for proving their heads are a "one and done", if that. Have fun squeezing that rock for blood guys.
    Lol.
    Work hard. Be happy. Annoy a Liberal.
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPXL (Crackerized!) #61/31" DL (Gold Tip Pro ~ 455 grains @ 290 fps = 86 lbs. KE!)
    University of Washington; Foster School of Business Alum

Hard to get blood without penetration.
    Just sayin'.

Nice.

Great job with everything, Whitey! Thanks for taking the time and energy to do the tests and share the info with us! Very helpful for me!
    "His arrow will flash like lightning." Zechariah 9:14
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30, CBE Tek Hybrid sight, QAD Ultra Rest HDX, Injexion Arrows & Blazers, QAD Exodus broadheads, TightSpot quiver, Stokerized SS1 stabilizer, Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Zeiss Conquest HD binocs, Leica 1000R rangefinder, Kifaru Timberline 2 pack, Bark River Gunny Hunter blade, Kuiu clothing, Lowa Cevedale boots

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhuntr64 View Post
    Great job with everything, Whitey! Thanks for taking the time and energy to do the tests and share the info with us! Very helpful for me!
    Sure thing bud.

Hard to get blood when the head falls apart on contact...

Colorado water fowlers!!!
    Need goose decoys? I have over three dozen for sale/trade! Bigfoot B2's, Dakota sleeper shells, and a host of others. PM for details...

Okay, yes the best thread in a long while, I have read every post and test, BUT have you or will you try a Phathead? Not a Phathead SOB everyone knows that wouldn't last but a regular Phathead in 100 grain design!!!!!!!!!!! This broadhead doesn't have a big marketing ploy but with the .080 blade thickness and alot a following from elk hunters this would be very interesting.

Phathead 100 grain anyone else.......................... ..........................

Thank you for your time!!! I'm down to the Hellrazor or the Phathead

Phatheads will be tested this week. Stay tuned!

You the man!

Need to try the new Muzzy MX3 125 grain. Should be a good one.

So after all these tests what do you think you will be using in the fall? so far...

Whatever dude, I shoot GR all the time and unless a blade opened in flight or your bow is not tuned they shoot accurate so don't blame the broadhead.also they are one of the few expandable that will shoot thru netting accurately.

looking forward to the next test!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by radpuppy View Post
    Whatever dude, I shoot GR all the time and unless a blade opened in flight or your bow is not tuned they shoot accurate so don't blame the broadhead.also they are one of the few expandable that will shoot thru netting accurately.
    dont cry it will be ok. he isnt trying to tell you not shoot them just showing the results he had. and i did not think blades were supposed to open inflight kinda sounds faulty if they do that?

Did you even read the final result of the GR's? They did very well and he confirmed they were accurate before shooting the second one. Basically, he implied that it was probably him and not the broadhead. Why so sensitive? If you would have read the whole thing you would have realized there was no reason to get butt-hurt.
    Work hard. Be happy. Annoy a Liberal.
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPXL (Crackerized!) #61/31" DL (Gold Tip Pro ~ 455 grains @ 290 fps = 86 lbs. KE!)
    University of Washington; Foster School of Business Alum

Dude, what are you talking about? The first shot? Noone cares about the first set of pictures. That was more to mess with DWS than anything. Did you not see the second set of pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by OUTOFLUCKBUCK View Post
    Need to try the new Muzzy MX3 125 grain. Should be a good one.
    Definately planning on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnboi View Post
    So after all these tests what do you think you will be using in the fall? so far...
    So far, still have $140 worth of Terminals in the garage.

To all you guys bashing Whitey...feel free to spend the time and money doinig this test yourself. I don't know how many times he's said this is just for fun. Don't get your undies in a bunch because your favorite broadhead didn't do so good in the test.

Quote Originally Posted by POk3s View Post
    To all you guys bashing Whitey...feel free to spend the time and money doinig this test yourself. I don't know how many times he's said this is just for fun. Don't get your undies in a bunch because your favorite broadhead didn't do so good in the test.
    X1000.............. We need to start a Whitey fund just so we see these tests .......... Keep up the good work Whitey!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast