a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: best new bow under $500

Bear Strike is a really nice bow for around 500 setup

DEADCENTER ARCHERY PROSTAFF, VAPORTRAIL PROSTAFF
    AUTHORIZED PSE, ELITE AND BEAR ARCHERY DEALER!!!!!!!!!

Look at the Mission Craze you can get it and set it up and have money left over. My pro shop has some in and they max out at 74 lbs very nice little bow.
    Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn’t matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle: when the sun comes up, you’d better be running.

Quote Originally Posted by savagelh View Post
    I would say something used or for about $100 more the bowtech assassin is awesome and ready to hunt.
    This would be my recommendation also.
    Bear Agenda 6
    PSE DNA

I also agree with Parker bows. Best service in the business if you ask my opinion. Great bows, and a great price.
    Parker Inferno
    Parker Raptor

A Quest Smoke or Hammer is a very good bow for around $350, which leaves you $150 to purchase the accessories you want rather than what a given bow is setup with. Also the AT classifieds is a good option if you know what you are looking for.
    "Reality is always your friend. The reason is almost a truism.......everything else is a fantasy." ~ Dr. Henry Cloud

Quote Originally Posted by bowhunter405 View Post
    Give the Mission by Mathews line a look. Great bows for shooters of all ages and sizes!!
    Try a Mission they have a few in your price range.
    Mathews Creed Trophy Taker XFC HHA 5019 B stinger Gold Tip XT Hunter 5575/400
    Mathews ChillX Trophy Taker XFC HHA 5519 B stinger Gold Tip XT Hunter 5575/400

PSE BowMadness...picked up a 2010 model brand new at my local pro shop for $530 including the tax...complete RTS bow...
    PSE BowMadness Left Hand 58#
    PSE Nova Left Hand 70#

Bought the Outlaw. It is a great bow!

Parker WildFire you can get with everything for under 500.00. I Have this bow And have had only 1 problem. String twist but parker paid to have new string installed.

Darton 3500 archery-123.com $399.00

Diamond Outlaw is hard to beat for $499.99 RAK package. Great shooting bow that is built very good.

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinTed View Post
    Hey all looking for some input I took up bow hunting 2 years ago with an older browning ambush bow I bought from a friend for cheap, I want to get a new bow but don't have a ton of money to spend on a bow(plus the price of gas) I am looking for a bow with accessories(sight/quiver/rest) under 500 dollars. I am a shorter hunter i am 5'8 and have a 27 inch draw. I looked at the diamond razors edge but everything i read says it is geared towards youth even though it felt good in my hand. I'm just looking for suggestions if anybody has any.
    You could look at a Bowtech Soldier. It goes up to 65# and that's no kid's toy.

Mission Craze by Mathews $299.99
    15# to 70# DW
    19" to 29"DL
    Athens Factory Staff Shooter http://www.athensarchery.com/home 2012 Athens Recluse-----2013 Athens Judgement
    Perfection Turkey Calls ProStaff
    Straight N Arrow Staff www.snaarchery.com
    bcbowdesigns.com, Trinity Archery Field Staff---- Hamskea Archery Shooting Staff

Darton Pro 3000. $299.99 on Archery-123.com Full warranty and all. Nothing better for that kind of money for a BRAND NEW bow.
    Darton Pro3800 (Blacked Out!!!)
    Easton XX75 2315's
    Muzzy X-celerator (most underrated rest in the world)
    HHA Sights Little Jon Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Magnus Buzzcuts 100 grain 4 blade

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinTed View Post
    Hey all looking for some input I took up bow hunting 2 years ago with an older browning ambush bow I bought from a friend for cheap, I want to get a new bow but don't have a ton of money to spend on a bow(plus the price of gas) I am looking for a bow with accessories(sight/quiver/rest) under 500 dollars. I am a shorter hunter i am 5'8 and have a 27 inch draw. I looked at the diamond razors edge but everything i read says it is geared towards youth even though it felt good in my hand. I'm just looking for suggestions if anybody has any.
    Don't let the fact that the razor's edge is geared toward youth archers scare you off. I have a 2009 set at 28.5" dl and pulling 50#. I'm 26, 5'10" and 220lbs.
    It is a dual cam bow so it was a bit harder to tune. It feels great in my hands as well. Just let the bow pick you. The other guys are right AT classifieds are awesome for getting deals, I actually got my bow on craigslist for 175 bucks ready to shoot minus arrows. I upgraded strings and the rest and bought 6 arrows. The deals are out there. Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12