a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Leupold RX-1000TBR/RX-1000i TBR range finders users please chime in

Leupold RX-1000TBR/RX-1000i TBR range finders users please chime in

I am looking to get a new range finder. I have been hearing some bad things about these range finders. I need responses from actual users, and not just speculation or brand bashing please. I am looking at getting the new RX-1000i TBR W/DNA and hear it's supposed to be much better, quicker and accurate. It even comes equipped with a plug in you can hook to your USB port and update new software as it comes out.

I'll be using this for archery primarily and have yet to use a range finder with the compensated yardages for angles, and think it could be beneficial. I've missed a couple deer to miscompensation unfortunately , Usually fairly decent at estimating compensation, but obviously not good enough haha.

I will also be using this for rifle hunting and need a range finder that can give me 600-1,000 yards when needed. I've been considering the new Leica CRF 1600 and know it's a great range finder that will undoubtebly give me the longer ranges with precision, but was hoping that the Leupold would serve my purpose as it's about half the price. Plus I do not think the Leica has a "bow mode" that shows both yardages and compensates for archery at distances under 100 yards like the RX-1000i does.

I really need a smaller compact range finder like the ones mentioned here as I wear my range finder on my bino harness and the less bulky the better for me.

I've had mine for a couple of weeks now, and can honestly say after playing with the leica and just about every other rangefinder out there i picked this one.I will admit i did not like the older rx-1000 model but love the 1000i tbr w/dna.I feel the optics are just as good if not better then the leica on these newer models.One thing is in bright sunlight make sure you have the crosshairs set to high or they will seem to disappear in the sun.You can set it to a bow mode which will compensate for the angle or set it to the line of sight mode.I have not played to much with the tbr part of it which will tell you hold over based on your caliber and load you are using.To me this is the best rangefinder out there and its not gonna cost you an arm and a leg.

I have had my RX-1000tbr sense it came out, and can say that I have never been so happy with a piece of equipment. It is built like a tank, yet small and fits the hand perfect. The red readout is fantastic, makes it very easy to see. I had it out turkey hunting today, was reading a turkey at 346 yards with no problem. I have had many rangefinders, this one will be with me for a while, in fact I may order a second....

Good deal! 2 like theirs so far. Who else has any comments?

I have the 2010 model rx 1000 and like it but have played with
    the new model with DNA and it reads faster and also gives angle
    compensation for bow mode out to 125 yards vs 60 on my model.

Great range finder and I really can't complain about the one I have it's
    tough reads fairly quick and has nice optics.

I have had the 2011 rx1000i tbr dna and wow is it bright and clear compared to my rx2 and reads super fast .I am really happy with it and will be using it next week for some bear hunting .

Alright thanks guys! That's exactly what I was hoping to hear. Just ordered the new RX-1000i TBR.
    If I need the extra range later I'll probably wind up getting the Leica for rifle hunting longer distances.