Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen Pop and the Golden Rule

Quote Originally Posted by buggetino View Post
    I don't get it... I only have one account...
    Just an attempt at a touch of humor on my part due to a post above about alters...hence the winking fella

Its an irepairable problem.... Lets be realistic... The single largest cause of argument on AT is also the driving force behind the creation and sustainment of AT... Brand Names... If you want to make AT a better place doin't ban people who defend themselves... Ban people who start brand bashing threads... that is what starts 99% of all conflict on this forum..

I would like to think that a guy, myself included... could come on and learn something about archery that is unbiased... or at least from someone who is open to the fact that each bow maker has something they bring to the table... and the entire industry is made off of one company coming up with an idea and the rest copy... thats why I can say with certainty that they all make good bows...

Its an irepairable problem.... Lets be realistic... The single largest cause of argument on AT is also the driving force behind the creation and sustainment of AT... Brand Names... If you want to make AT a better place doin't ban people who defend themselves... Ban people who start brand bashing threads... that is what starts 99% of all conflict on this forum..
    "Doin't" a new product from Doinker?

Amen.

Oh, and please don't take that as a religious comment. Lord knows how those threads turn out!
    A Child doesn't remember their best day of Television.. Take a Kid hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by tjandy View Post
    No, but you can be banned for pointing it out though. If you don't like that members can not spell or punctuate, stop reading them and move on.
    I am a new member here and have an issue with the above - but no solution other than your suggestion to move to another thread. That's unfortunate and, perhaps, needs more discussion. This is a large community and it can have some positive impact.

This public communication among members reveals the apparent intellect of our community for all to see.

I find it very disturbing that so many - even those claiming college degrees - are so lazy or unaware of their illiteracy. The occasional incoherent post is to be expected but AT is ripe with them.

My 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    We're not looking for people to join hands, sing Kumbaya and send each other flowers in the mail, we just need to go from bar room brawl to civil.
    i've always liked that song...
    Kumbaya my lord, kumbaya....come on, everybody! join in!!
    Can you point me toward the target, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Wood View Post
    I am a new member here and have an issue with the above - but no solution other than your suggestion to move to another thread. That's unfortunate and, perhaps, needs more discussion. This is a large community and it can have some positive impact.

This public communication among members reveals the apparent intellect of our community for all to see.

I find it very disturbing that so many - even those claiming college degrees - are so lazy or unaware of their illiteracy. The occasional incoherent post is to be expected but AT is ripe with them.

My 2 cents
    I agree!

I am by no means a intelluctual wiz, but at least I try to make my post readable.
    KCCO

I to try two make my posts readable too others...

and i always liked OBT's posts just cause you could read 'em but you might not understand them...gosh, i'm gettin' all teary-eyed thinkin' about those days...
    Can you point me toward the target, please?

Correcting an individual's spelling or grammar is not open for debate, nor is it the subject matter of this thread. If you do not understand a post due to spelling or grammar then please ask for clarification. Too many use spelling/grammar to demean and attack a person...we all can't be laureates.

Correcting an individual's spelling or grammar is not open for debate, nor is it the subject matter of this thread. If you do not understand a post due to spelling or grammar then please ask for clarification. Too many use spelling/grammar to demean and attack a person...we all can't be laureates.
    I learned how to spell posting hjere

attact me Please,,I play fare
    I'm convinced that you can't make everyone happy.

So I'll just have to be content to confuse, annoy, and offend all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hood View Post
    I learned how to spell posting hjere

attact me Please,,I play fare
    Clarification please?
    KCCO

Quote Originally Posted by jbsoonerfan View Post
    Clarification please?
    I can't spell

Quote Originally Posted by jbsoonerfan View Post
    Clarification please?
    Translation: I be Da Hood...Winner of the Bragging Rights Shoot, wearer of The Archer's vest, destroyer of the OBT Gator and maker of the finest jerky known to man!

Translation: I be Da Hood...Winner of the Bragging Rights Shoot, wearer of The Archer's vest, destroyer of the OBT Gator and maker of the finest jerky known to man!
    and has 25 deer in his yard at this moment

I duck taped the Gator

Heres what I mean right here....... a guy cannot make a joke about the intellectual decline of society.
    You do realize its both Rude and Cruel to make fun of someone that may not be as smart as you??? Whats the point of correcting or joking about someones lack of spelling or punctuation??? Is it funny that they arent as educated as you are??

Please enlighten me because im baffled by this...

Doc i couldnt agree more. There is no place on this forum for that crap. I despise it and it is one thing that gets to me...

Thank you for being a stand up guy and doing whats right.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepFried View Post
    You do realize its both Rude and Cruel to make fun of someone that may not be as smart as you??? Whats the point of correcting or joking about someones lack of spelling or punctuation??? Is it funny that they arent as educated as you are??

Please enlighten me because im baffled by this...
    Well said!
    DB
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

Granddaddy Hooooood!!!! Whoop!

You guys know how me and OBT come to be friends

I had to get some help once on a archery forum before AT's time/around, because I couldn't spell good enough to take these boys on, So I PM'd OBT & DonDeere for help

and the rest is History

we all came together because of my lack of spelling>>>------------> Hood Fact!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hood View Post
    You guys know how me and OBT come to be friends

I had to get some help once on a archery forum before AT's time/around, because I couldn't spell good enough to take these boys on, So I PM'd OBT & DonDeere for help

and the rest is History

we all came together because of my lack of spelling>>>------------> Hood Fact!

So which one got it right for you??

Im guessing DonDeere! Lolololol!

Ammar gram not hard.
    A Child doesn't remember their best day of Television.. Take a Kid hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepFried View Post
    So which one got it right for you??

Im guessing DonDeere! Lolololol!
    The smartest person I have ever meet is OBT

..WOW..slightly ahead of the Punk rockers...I thought punk died out in the 90's...LOL...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    #60 Hoyt Vector Turbo MAX-1, #60 Hoyt Alphaburner Blackout
    #45 Hoyt Ruckus, TradTech Pinnacle #43 Kaya Carbon Limbs
    Whalen's Hooker Releases & Bowfinger PRO Staffer
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ArchersP...0?feature=mhee
    http://www.youtube.com/user/realtubular?feature=mhum

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast