Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: stay away from bowtech/stryker crossbows!

stay away from bowtech/stryker crossbows!

Yall may remember that my strykeforce bow failed after less than 3 months and 30 shots last season. sent it back to the factory in Jan. after over 4 months they send me a new one, turns out thier replacement bow is a different model that is 400$ les sthan my strykeforce, no notes, no explanations and no way to contact the company. and they advertise lifetime guarantees!!!!

finally got to talk with a manager, CS is way worse than yall tyhought. Acted like he was doing me a favor sending me the cheaper bow. "because mine was old and obsolete" (it was 2 months old!!!). said i "should have read the small print on the warranty giving them the right to exchange a different bow for mine. i pointed out how dangerous the bow was with the safety failing and the bow firing without the trigger being touched. he was unconcerned because "nobody got hurt". i told him that i would post this on the hunting rorums and he warned me that if i did "they would respond"!! respond away. I have not posted anything except the truth!!!

Oh boy....that really is a shame, I used to Love Bowtech....but CS is what made quit shooting them.
    EXWOLVERINE STAFF SHOOTER... FOR THE BEST IN STRINGS VISIT...
    parknsonsarchery.com
    NO LIMIT ARCHERY STAFF... PROUDLY SHOOTING THE RINGER RELEASE AND GRAVE DIGGER BROADHEADS

I have read many posts on how bad Bowtech's Customer Service is, but people say they make a hell of a crossbow so if Bowtech puts so much thought in there crossbows way don't they care when it comes to CS (I am only seeking from what I have read here and other's no personal dealings). Bowtech please just step up your (care) CS .

holton, What model did they send you ??? I was going to buy a sz380 but not anymore,,, I don't care if they shoot 600fps...noway.

I think I would be looking for an attorney. I never heard of a company pulling that kind of switch

Sounds like Peggy has kicked it up a notch. Should have bought an Excal.

I had one ordered. Went to get it today at the shop and it was broken. The screw that connects the forear and rail together was probably too tight because the whole forearm was split. Looked like cheap plastic too.

"Sounds like Peggy has kicked it up a notch."
    funny

Sounds like this Company Is going in the crapper.
    What happed to that made in USA proud prouduct Bowtech once offered.....?
    Not really a surprise after a large company merger.
    Mathews MR7 orange smoke
    Strykezone 350/380 Xb30 scope
    Scorpyd Velocity, Leupold VX3 4.5 x 14 50 scope, 22" Exacutioner arrows
    Scorpyd Orion, Leupold VX6 2 x 12 42 scope, 22'' Exacutioner arrows

Angry poor customer service

Yea, I ask them questions. They wouldn't response man am I glad I bought a tenpoint defener cls CS is just as important as the bow. I want buy anything from them till service does a 160 about face
    TH

I had one for 2 years and something must have been wrong with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I shot it a zillion times and hunted with it for 2 years and NEVER had a problem with it, just as thousands of others have. The SF is probably one of the most trouble free high performance crossbows on the market. I smell a rat. Nice to see you over here Bird:-) It never ends. In the meantime legitimate Stryker dealers are selling every 380 and 350 they can get their hands on.

Bird gave you guys with crossbows that actually shoot when THEY want to and blow up while sitting cocked some good advice. Never heard that happening with an Excal.
    MOON

Super Short Recurve Xbows- The Future of Recurve Hunting Xbows

STRYKER 350- LS 390 COMPOUND XBOWS - YOU CAN SPEND MORE .......

OK...Ive got a question...where is your dealer in all of this??? If Bowtech could not fix your bow for one reason or another, and I know for a fact they have no more 2010 models left to send, then the next thing would be to swap out for a 380, but your dealer, NOT Bowtech would be the one to refund you the diferance between those two bows since you paid your dealer, not Bowtech. I know for a fact that if this had happend in my shop and the 380 was the only option then you would have had the choice of a full refund, the 380 and the diferance back, or full credit towards any other bow you may want. I am pretty sure most Bowtech dealers would have done the same thing....SO...what is your dealer doing about this or are you a typical unsatisfied Ebay customer of some "mystery dealer"??

Wyvern

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern Creations View Post
    OK...Ive got a question...where is your dealer in all of this??? If Bowtech could not fix your bow for one reason or another, and I know for a fact they have no more 2010 models left to send, then the next thing would be to swap out for a 380, but your dealer, NOT Bowtech would be the one to refund you the diferance between those two bows since you paid your dealer, not Bowtech. I know for a fact that if this had happend in my shop and the 380 was the only option then you would have had the choice of a full refund, the 380 and the diferance back, or full credit towards any other bow you may want. I am pretty sure most Bowtech dealers would have done the same thing....SO...what is your dealer doing about this or are you a typical unsatisfied Ebay customer of some "mystery dealer"??

Wyvern
    Well put....

Yep if there's one thing you need when buying anything BT it's an insurance policy, or a dealer backed sale as it's sometimes called. Been there done that.

Sorry to hear of your treatment by bowtech...from what i've read on this forum someone there in cs and product design needs a boot in the a**!!!
    That's exactly why i went with excalibur, they may not be the fastest but they are dependable to no end and their cs is the best!!!!
    Excalibur Vortex
    Excalibur Ibex
    Excalibur Vixen
    Shadowzone/Lumizone/Varizone
    Spitfire/Slick Tricks

My 380 must be a fluke. I've got 200 shots out of it with zero problems. It's fast, very accurate, light weight and quiet. My Tornado is twice as loud and 55fps slower but it's been a good bow also. My Equinox is 57fps slower and so loud it scares you after shooting the SZ. To sum it up if you buy from Dave I see no problems owning a SZ, he wil take care of you!! But I will say this you should have bought a Hickory Creek Vertical Inline it's a gem to shoot.LOL
    Black Widow Recurve 45lb-Trad Tech titan2/triple carbon
    TP Shadow-XB30 Compact~BT390LS-XB30 Pro
    Bowtech Insanity CPX 60@26 (grandsons)Spot Hogg Father
    Bob Lee Elite Longbow 54lb (grandsons)

GTM, didn't you post some chrono results on your Inline? I thought I saw it but can't now find it. How about posting those results on the Inline thread I started here. Thanks!
    MOON

Moon it's on my Hickory Creek Inline thread.

OK:-) I was looking for "Inline" instead of "Hickory Creek". Thanks, I was even looking on other forums for it. BTW, that's smoking!!!!
    MOON

i have had a few problems with my '09 strykeforce but it wasn't bowtechs fault. wyvern fixed everything. i like mine well enough that if i had the dinero i'd be buying another.

Moon check it out now. I posted it on your thread. I made a few improvements.

I know everyone talks about bowtechs customer service but I work at a pro shop that sales them and have to say they have been nothing but great to us as far as taking care of customers. We had a guy last week bring in a desert stryker and the limb was craked after the guy had it for like 3 years. I went to order a set of limbs for it an they said dont worry about that tell him we have him a strykezone 380 on the way and all we had to do is send them the crossbow. I dont shoot a bowtech so Im not on the band wagon or anything but I have never saw them keep a bow at the facory longer than a month. You might wanna check with your dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by jtaylor16 View Post
    I know everyone talks about bowtechs customer service but I work at a pro shop that sales them and have to say they have been nothing but great to us as far as taking care of customers. We had a guy last week bring in a desert stryker and the limb was craked after the guy had it for like 3 years. I went to order a set of limbs for it an they said dont worry about that tell him we have him a strykezone 380 on the way and all we had to do is send them the crossbow. I dont shoot a bowtech so Im not on the band wagon or anything but I have never saw them keep a bow at the facory longer than a month. You might wanna check with your dealer.
    So a automatic downgrade appears the norm for BT now. So in the future if BT creates an even cheaper ( but just as fast ) model and you have a issue with your 380 they can just send that back to you. Dang that Peggy is good.

I think ... most companies "reserve the right" to substitute current parts or current replacement in their written legal mumbo jumbo that comes with tools & equipment these days. You know ... the six pages of crap you never read anymore because it's written for Cretans. Frankly, I don't know what more you could expect. One thing for sure ... don't throw out the box when you buy a crossbow. LOL
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE, Zeiss 3-12 Illum Duralyt, CamX Accuspine, 100gr Firenock SBG RamCats Scorpyd Orion150 Leupold 2.5-8x36mm, AcuDraw, Wyvern BEEs. Swarovski bino, Leica rangefinder, Surefire, Deerelight & Fenix lights.
    White Buffalo Inc. - Project Manager ... Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor ... NRA Life Member 1971

"So a automatic downgrade appears the norm for BT now" If they cant fix or replace what he had for whatever reason and currently the 380 is their top model then that would be standard procedure for any company. The price diferance would be again thru the dealer. I call BS on this thread as on their 5th post this is what they do and NO answer as to what the real situation is and where the dealer is because as anyone knows you cant call up Bowtech and get a return yourself it HAS to go thru the dealer. Im sorry, but there is no way they would swap out for a less expensive bow and not arrange for the dealer to get a credit back for the diferance so the customer was re-embursed at the very least. Bowtech may deserve some of the grumping and there may have been a legitimate issue with the bow and a swap to a SZ may have been the best/only solution Bowtech could have come up with but the rest of this thread is BS...That or Holton27596 works for another bow company...

Wyvern

Wyvern

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast