Thread: Bitzenburger Cock Vane

Bitzenburger Cock Vane

Why does the bitzenburger not accurately put your cock vane in line with the nock. I set my nocks where I wanted them after paper tuning for spine. If I put my arrow in the jig and fletch it, the cock vane will be about 45 degrees clockwise of where it should be according to the knock.

So, I am having to rotate my nock 45 degrees counter clockwise, fletch my arrow, then turn the nock to where I want it.

Do you guys also have to do this.

I have a jig from the mid 70's and I can adjust the nock reciever anywhere I want the cock vane, not sure of the new ones though?
    BowTech's Cheerleader
    Plainsman™ arrow rest staff shooter
    Amanna freezer re-filler
    Allegiance/Tribute FanBoy
    Commander of the Guardian

Just fletch like normal and THEN turn your nock to orient the vanes.
    Elite GT500 28"@72lbs
    Spott Hogg Hunter
    Ripcord Code Red
    26" GT Velocity Pro
    100gr. Grizz Tricks @ 322fps!

Does this happen with all three fletching positions, or is one of the three closer then the others.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, body thoroughly used up and worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
    My Setup: Hoyt Rampage XT,Spot Hogg Hunter Hogg It,QAD Ultra Rest Pro HD,Tight Spot Quiver,14oz B-Stinger Stabilizer,Easton FMJs 300's,Blazer Vanes,100 Grain Slick Trick Magnum

it comes out fine on the four fletch, 90 degree. The only one that I have tried other than that is the 120 degree.

Quote Originally Posted by 91bravo View Post
    Just fletch like normal and THEN turn your nock to orient the vanes.

Point is that I do not want to have to turn my nock. I have my arrows tuned and I want the nock to stay where it is.

Dot where you want the cook vane and then rotate the nock before fletching so that the cock vane will line up the way you want. Rotate the nock back when finished.
    A bunch of different bows and arrows and stuff.

Your Bitzenburger jig comes standard with the cock vane out nock receiver. You'll have to get their straight, right helical or left helical "TM" nock receiver. Also check that you're indexing to the 120* setting, with that set screw turned in and the other two turned out till it's flush.

Quote Originally Posted by TOOL View Post
    Dot where you want the cook vane and then rotate the nock before fletching so that the cock vane will line up the way you want. Rotate the nock back when finished.
    Thats what I am doing now.

There is a "TM" nock receiver you can buy that puts the cock vane up. I think this orientation should be the standard Bitz setup instead of the normal three-fletch and two four-fletch options. The TM adapter is kind of expensive IMO, especially since there is an easy work around.

Quote Originally Posted by 870 View Post
    it comes out fine on the four fletch, 90 degree. The only one that I have tried other than that is the 120 degree.
    Ok, what i guess i meant to ask, is there one setting in the 120 degree setup, that as you turn the bottom knob that is closer then the others. maybe not your normal cock vane position but one of the other vane positions as you rotate the knob.
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, body thoroughly used up and worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
    My Setup: Hoyt Rampage XT,Spot Hogg Hunter Hogg It,QAD Ultra Rest Pro HD,Tight Spot Quiver,14oz B-Stinger Stabilizer,Easton FMJs 300's,Blazer Vanes,100 Grain Slick Trick Magnum

The reason for all the variation is that jig was designed around fatter arrows, and needs to accomodate straight and helical clamps. Most are using smaller shafts and the "V" makes the shaft sit deeper. Whe you adjust the magnets to get the correct fletch setting/offset, it shifts everything slightly relative to nock. You still get a good fletch install, but usually off on the nock....even the TM nock receiver.
    The Bitz upgrade kit by Zenith gives you adjustability for all size shafts (with better precision) but you will still be resetting your nock.
    I hope Zenith comes up with a precision nock installation tool, the only one I know of is Apple and I cant comment on it.