a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diamond Dead Eye Review

Diamond Dead Eye Review

I've been waiting to shoot this bow since I first saw it advertised, and I finally got my chance today. My buddy ordered one about two weeks ago and it showed up Friday. He is out of town fishing for the weekend so I told him I'd take it and set it up for him haha. Well, I slapped a biscuit on just for a few shots.
    Here are some things I noticed right away.
    1- Bow is very top heavy. I had a Reezen which many people thought were top heavy, and this was definitely more so.
    2- Cheap plastic grip
    3- Very lightweight
    4- Great fit and finish
    5- All black looks SWEET on these

Before shooting a gave the string a little pluck and thought, man I bet this is gonna be noisy. Sure enough, with a 445 gr hunting arrow which I shoot out of my z7 it was a pretty noisy bow. My wife even said, did you shoot *****'s new bow? I could hear it all the way upstairs.

The bow also had some hand vibe, not terrible and it was to be expected after shooting the Outlaw and Fugitive. With some limbsavers, a good stabilizer and some cat whiskers I think it could be tamed some.

I back it off 2 1/2 turns, didnt have a scale handy but I imagine I was pulling ~63-64 pounds. Back wall is solid as a rock which I really liked. I feel like this bow, once all set up, would hold on target extremely well. With as aggressive as the new Throttle cam is, it wasn't a harsh pulling bow.

I wasn't blown away with the speed. Granted I did not have a chrono, but I shoot many different bows each week at work at the same yardage so I like to think I'm a pretty good judge between bows. It definitely spit them out there, but nothing to write home about.

I only shot it about 30 times, but that was enough to make hesitant of ordering one for myself. I was a little disappointed.

Just my opinions, shoot it for yourself and see. If you have, I'd love to hear what you think on it as well!
    Matt

pics please
    JOHN 6:53-66 GOD Family Bowhunting
    BLACK OPS DEADEYE
    BLACK OPS D350

Overall, I was pretty impressed with the bow. The grip is a little of a turn off but that doesnt stop me from shooting one. The speed is right where it should be (shot at 70#, 360 grain arrow, 29" draw and a loaded string) the bow shot 325. The machine work is very impressive...There is no $700 bow with this much attention to machining. The draw is peak poundage the entire way but it doesnt have any humps anywhere in it. I disagree with the with the loud claim...I shot this side by side with multiple bows and granted...It wasnt the quietest, it wasnt the loudest either. It was was some place in the middle. The wait was a little tuff to deal with but I think that it was worth it. There is a slight buzz in the bow but nothing terrible. For $700 it is impressive. The bow tuned right up and shoots well. Overall, it is gonna be a good bow.

chrono'd one at my shop today with a 440 grain FMJ at 308 fps
    and with a gold tip velocity 340 equivalent and 343
    both at 29 inches 73 lbs
    Bluff Country BowStrings Pro Staff
    Trinity Archery Field Staff

shot the outlaw at gander i was impressed with it , some buzz but it was quiet as most bows

Quote Originally Posted by dLane View Post
    Overall, I was pretty impressed with the bow. The grip is a little of a turn off but that doesnt stop me from shooting one. The speed is right where it should be (shot at 70#, 360 grain arrow, 29" draw and a loaded string) the bow shot 325. The machine work is very impressive...There is no $700 bow with this much attention to machining. The draw is peak poundage the entire way but it doesnt have any humps anywhere in it. I disagree with the with the loud claim...I shot this side by side with multiple bows and granted...It wasnt the quietest, it wasnt the loudest either. It was was some place in the middle. The wait was a little tuff to deal with but I think that it was worth it. There is a slight buzz in the bow but nothing terrible. For $700 it is impressive. The bow tuned right up and shoots well. Overall, it is gonna be a good bow.
    I'd agree that it wasn't the noisiest or quietest. I guess I'm a little spoiled with how quiet I'm used to my bow being. It could definitely be toned down with some whiskers or leeches.

Here's a few pics.

it dose look pretty good in black

Good Lord, that bow is beautiful! My wife is going to be awefully jealous for a long, long time to come!

Now I have that AC/DC song going in my head

Thanks for posting the pics btw

I like the string colors... the whole bow looks nice!
    2010 Black Ops Sentinel FLX (Baldy's Strings and tune)
    2014 Black Ops Bowtech RPM 360

That is a nice looking riser

I was going to put a thread up about this bow yesterday asking for opinions about it. I am a Diamond fan as my favourite bow is my 2008 Marquis. The bow looks nice and the speed numbers look good. It will be nice to see some more feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by awirtz26 View Post
    it dose look pretty good in black
    just have fun!!

I'll report back once his stuff comes in and I get it properly set up.

Quote Originally Posted by outdrsman11 View Post
    I'd agree that it wasn't the noisiest or quietest. I guess I'm a little spoiled with how quiet I'm used to my bow being. It could definitely be toned down with some whiskers or leeches.
    If the Dead-eye was as slow as your z-7 it would be just as quiet. The more speed the more vibes, put some rubber on it. ------That is one sharp looking bow.

Quote Originally Posted by freebird@midwes View Post
    If the Dead-eye was as slow as your z-7 it would be just as quiet. The more speed the more vibes, put some rubber on it. ------That is one sharp looking bow.
    The bear carnage is rated 2fps faster and its whisper quiet with nothing on it, so I disagree with your statement.

Quote Originally Posted by outdrsman11 View Post
    The bear carnage is rated 2fps faster and its whisper quiet with nothing on it, so I disagree with your statement.
    What the carnage is rated at and what it shoots are 2 different numbers.

It looks like a single cam Destoryer 350.

We have had a couple Outlaws at the shop and I have been messing with them. One thing I noticed is that the draw is not smooth at all. It's not "rough" but there is a HUGE jump at the end. Also, there is considerable cam lean on these things...

As far as the Dead Eye goes, I hated it. Same un-smooth draw, cheap grip, top heavy and a lot of hand torque possible. I would not recommend this bow to anyone.
    Doinker, TRU-Ball, Axcel, AAE, GoldTip, HOYT, BCY, VaneTec, G5
    Other things I like: Specialized, Ford, DPMS, McMillan, Badger Ordinance, Magpul, Streamlight, AAC, Ruger, Marlin, Remington, Leupold, Aimpoint, Kimber, H&K, Benchmade, Kershaw, Gerber...

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier bowman View Post
    We have had a couple Outlaws at the shop and I have been messing with them. One thing I noticed is that the draw is not smooth at all. It's not "rough" but there is a HUGE jump at the end. Also, there is considerable cam lean on these things...

As far as the Dead Eye goes, I hated it. Same un-smooth draw, cheap grip, top heavy and a lot of hand torque possible. I would not recommend this bow to anyone.
    ahh whatever,they said the same thing about the reezen and i love mine,can't wait to shoot one,and man that black ops looks awesome!!!
    JOHN 6:53-66 GOD Family Bowhunting
    BLACK OPS DEADEYE
    BLACK OPS D350

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier bowman View Post

Come on man... I have heard a couple people say top heavy...I dont really notice that, but thats me. Cheap grip....Its the same as the destroyers. Torque, yea, its reflexed but no more than the other diamonds. (I know people will argue with me all day on this one...but...The fugitive uses a limb that is 1" longer...yet the brace is only only 3/8" longer than the deadeye. Means the dead eye is actually less reflexed.) I have compared this to a z7 and it is less reflexed, yet nobody complains about z7 geometry. I admit, this bow isnt for everybody...but there is no sense in bashing it. I like this thing a lot, but I will admit, there are things that could be better.

Can u get a torqueless wood grip for the dead eye? I luv the way it looks and cant wait to shoot it.

ky

that is a beautiful bow!!
    Elite Judge Snow/Black
    Elite Judge AP Camo
    Elite GT500 Black/Max1
    Elite GT500 AP/Black EFX

Very sexy. Ive always had a place in my heart for Diamonds....

I have had mine for all of 3 days now... But I gotta say, overall, very impressed. I got mine in black ops and this thing looks good. Shoots great. Cant complain, awesome bow for the money

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast