a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Please help!!!!! B Stinger V Bar Stabilizer setup doesnt allow pin to settle!

Please help!!!!! B Stinger V Bar Stabilizer setup doesnt allow pin to settle!

Can someone help me get my stabilizer V Bar setup right?

I have a 30 inch B Stinger XL, 3 1 oz weights and a Bowjax on the tip.

On my Bstinger side bar, I have it kicked down and out to a 45 with a 1oz on the front of the bar and one on the back.

Pin WILL not settle. I used to have the bar kicked up with the weight above my arm, but that didnt work. I am using this setup on a 70lb, 29DL CRX32

Which side should I have the side bar on?
    Staff Shooter for :BLACK EAGLE ARROWS,BULLSEYE BOWSTRINGS,Axcel/Tru-Ball,ThirdHand Archery,BCBow Designs.Owner of Total Control Archery slings: IN CONTROL!
    Custom POLISHING and trigger jobs done HERE!!!

What does the hold pattern look like? Guessing it drops out the bottom? Add 6oz to the back bar and swing it in and slightly down
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL
    I shoot for: GT, Axcel/Truball, Viscosity strings, FV
    "put your dot in the middle and shoot your shot, they'll tell you if you won later"

If you've got 3oz on the front bar bump the weight on the back bar up to atleast 6oz if not more...I'd start in the 6oz to 10oz range on the back bar and see what it does.
    John's Customs Pro Staff Manager
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 34 Snow, QAD Hoyt HDX, Sure Loc LW Max, Fuse Quiver, B-Stinger stabs, GT Pro Hunter arrows

What does the hold pattern look like?
    Probably the more important question ...

If you keep dropping out at the bottom, first of all play with your draw length. Get the bow to move around on the spot you want to hit. Once you have that sorted out you van start to play with stabilizer weights to get the movement pattern smaller and gentler.

I frustrated myself for about a month trying to get the weights sorted out only to realise aftersome help from a number of forums that the problem was actually draw length and not stabiliser weights ...

Try this link it should help you establish a baseline regarding stab weight ratios.

http://archerylearningcenter.archery..._content&id=92
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Ya I agree put at least 6 or 7 ounces on the back I'm shooting 4 on the front and 9 on my side rod

Dude, my wife, who is like soooo tiny and weak, has 8oz on the side rod and 4 or 5oz up the front stab, but her front stab is 36''. That is like comparable to 8 oz on an 30''. MAN UP, and get some serious weights on those stabs.
    He who controls the past commands the future, He who commands the future, conquers the past.

- Kane

wouldnt it be length x weight? My buddy Jack Wallace explained all of this to me before we left for bedford, but with the memory of a goldfish; I wasnt able to retain what he had taught me. Hopefully memory gets better with age instead of the latter!
    Staff Shooter for :BLACK EAGLE ARROWS,BULLSEYE BOWSTRINGS,Axcel/Tru-Ball,ThirdHand Archery,BCBow Designs.Owner of Total Control Archery slings: IN CONTROL!

Definitely not enough weight on the back....

I would start with a 1:3 ratio front to back....

SB
    Just put it in the middle and shoot!

Defiantly add more wieght to your back bar but try adding more weight alltogether I know I started adding weight to mine and ended up with 10oz up front and 20oz in the back and it settled my pin way down and brought my scores up. Something to consider just keep playing until you get the results your looking for.
    Hoyt contender elite (orange)
    Hoyt vantage elite (green)
    Matrix plus ( max1)
    Bstinger, truball, shrewd, axels,
    Need strings? Shoot the best get R strings!!

Probably need to start at 6 oz on both back bars for a total of 12 oz. I would think that you will end up closer to 18 oz, split between the left and right bar.

27" 7oz end
    12" 8oz sde bar

The raito is a good starting point. Set the bow up so you have a neutral/slight back roll at rest

I run 8oz on a 33" main with 20oz on a 12" single back
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL
    "put your dot in the middle and shoot your shot, they'll tell you if you won later"

Resurecting an old thread.

On these side bars, are the mounting screws the same size as the stabilizer bushing on the bow?

I'm thinking about buying a 15" b stinger v bar to use as my stabilizer for 3d's.
    2013 PSE Vendetta DC
    2012 PSE Vendetta DC

i'll chime in here too... my one bow, my 3d one, i have 14 on the back bar, and 4 on the front, my back bar runs right next to the bow, and slightly down... but here's the issue... i hold pretty good with that bow... now i just picked up another XLR, and it is a 55# instead of 60#(like my 3d XLR) and i dont hold steady with it with the same about of weight on the bars, since i'm just switching stabs from bow to bow for now...

here's my question, how much is holding weight actually changing what i do with my stabilizers?

Holding weight to mass weight is a pretty big deal, once the bow is set to the shooter. Dylan try 3oz and then 11 on the back.

I went to a 15" back on my rig with the same 20oz, and bumped the weight on the main up a little. The hold is much more steady and the bow reacts better.
    Jacob Hemstock
    '11 VE+ '14 PCE XL

Will the 15" V bar thread into the main stabilizer bushing or is the post on this a different thread size?
    2013 PSE Vendetta DC
    2012 PSE Vendetta DC

yes it will

Quote Originally Posted by Q2DEATH View Post
    Will the 15" V bar thread into the main stabilizer bushing or is the post on this a different thread size?
    >>>---423-552-4544--->

Quote Originally Posted by Q2DEATH View Post
    its all the same size, you can tread it into the main stabilizer bushing and you can thread all of the weights in to the same bushing, they have all the same threads with B-Stinger that is really nice... hope this helps and God bless....
    Romans 10:9: That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

Evolution Bow Strings

think about it like this a 30"stab with 3oz.is the equivalent of a 10 pro hunter with a 9oz.weight the 1oz.weight on a 12"side rod pretty much does nothing to overcome the force being applied by the weight on the main bar I see by the advice given above you may want to talk to some one in your area that has a nice set up and have them help you with your current set up being the bow you have has quite a bit of reflex&75%let off a 30"main bar would be my last choice some thing in the 24-25"range is all that is needed with 1or 2 12"side rods.Some people will try to say the longer stabs are more effective but,truth is a 30"main with a .5-1oz. weight is no more effective then a 24"stab with 2-4oz.of weight but,we know mass weight helps steady the aim to a point if you can't hold the bow then you can throw all the weight you want at it and you aint going to hold it any steadier and let me tell ya walking around a 3d or feild course with 26-28oz.on your bow sucks these guys with tons of weight hanging on thier bows shoot dots from one position the short main will help you add front wieght with out having to add tons of rear weight with the bow you are shooting I would cut the 30 you have down to 22-24"start with 2oz.on the front and 12oz.on the rear move the side rod back level with the front and make small ajustments down to get vertical pin movement set then move the bar out to get the side to side movement set if I were you I would give bigGP a p.m.and let him help you get a base line
    bear white tail 2,cobra 3pin(painted dots,no fibers)bo doodle rest,wall mart release,cat whisker silencers,easton camo game getters,milwaukee's best beer,levi garret chew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well looks like its back to the drawing board. Had the side bar setup right for me then I took the QD off the alpha and put it on the crx and now with a QD back on the alpha I cant get my side bar back to where it was. UGH. had it golden til I changed it. Rule of thumb: Dont change it if its right to begin with