Thread: Deer and hog hunting near Tampa FL

Deer and hog hunting near Tampa FL

Hey guys,

New to Florida (within the past year) just looking to find a place to hunt hogs or deer in or around Tampa. I would like to meet some people from AT and get together to do some hunting or shooting. Send me a PM if you are interested. I would love to find a place local to hunt, or even just meet some good folks to shoot bows with. thanks!

-Rob

decent amount of public land to hunt near you. go to www.myfwc.com under hunting and check out the WMA's in that area.

shoot often, hunt safe, have fun

thanks dx2

If I was closer, I'd come shoot with you. I have hunted a WMA near you a few times for turkey so I do make it over that way occasionally.

shoot often, hunt safe, have fun

Welcome 2 Florida

Quote Originally Posted by broadheadnut View Post
    Hey guys,

New to Florida (within the past year) just looking to find a place to hunt hogs or deer in or around Tampa. I would like to meet some people from AT and get together to do some hunting or shooting. Send me a PM if you are interested. I would love to find a place local to hunt, or even just meet some good folks to shoot bows with. thanks!

-Rob
    Come out to the Tampa Bay Sporting Clays this Sunday....there will be a lot of archers there. 3d shoot going on.

here is the website to show how and where they are

http://mytbsc.com/
    In God we Trust all others pay CASH

I message from my phone...so posts are short and sweet . No need for grammar , figure it out man.

bhtr3d, sorry i missed your post i was gone this weekend..... any clue where some good spots to hunt here are ??

Just read this thread, I live over in Indian Shores Beach. Just purchased a Hoyt Alpha Max and ready to get out and go after some wild boars myself. I am a transplant form Blueridge Mountains in VA, normally hunting deer. But is seems the dear in FL are pretty small so i want to give boar hunting a go. I will try to make it by the Tampa sporting clays also.

Quote Originally Posted by 27Fountain View Post
    Just read this thread, I live over in Indian Shores Beach. Just purchased a Hoyt Alpha Max and ready to get out and go after some wild boars myself. I am a transplant form Blueridge Mountains in VA, normally hunting deer. But is seems the dear in FL are pretty small so i want to give boar hunting a go. I will try to make it by the Tampa sporting clays also.
    Deer are not as small as you hear or been told. Granted the avg live wt of a deer in most parts of the state are about 100 - 140 lbs. but there are some monsters in areas....and the record deer (b&c) deer comes from the great count of Pasco... 206in class. Which is a top record in any state.
    In God we Trust all others pay CASH

I message from my phone...so posts are short and sweet . No need for grammar , figure it out man.

So my question is who wants to meet up and do some hunting. i would be willing to pay to hunt in the Pasco county area....

Quote Originally Posted by broadheadnut View Post
    So my question is who wants to meet up and do some hunting. i would be willing to pay to hunt in the Pasco county area....
    What area do you hunt there Broadheadnut? I am from polk county not far from Green swamp and Richlom, hunted there many times, do you hunt this area?

i have only hunted at a friend of a friends place. which sucks. so i am looking to find somewhere close to hunt...... is the places you mentioned good for hogs?

Hog Hunting

Both Green Swamp and Richloam are full of hogs but you have to wait for hunting season. If you want to hunt year round you need to find private land to hunt. I hunt Richloam every year but have not gotten a hog yet.

is it just over hunted? cuz you said there are lots of hogs

It is not over hunted during archery season. I have just not been lucky yet. Gun season they run dogs in Richloam so it can get a little hectic.
    I can show you some good areas to scout if you would like. Let me know.

yeah man im def all ears for whatever advice!
    2014 Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo Blackout

If it has two lungs, i hunt it......

green swamp wma good for hogs also right down from richloam wma, last one i killed in ther was 120 lbs sow, but have seen bigger, some areas kind of thick to get in and around. entrance is off of SR 471 and good area is off of tram grade east of levee rd.
    2011 Hoyt Rampage XT
    Black Eagle arrows
    QAD rest
    Trophy Ridge sights
    Crimson Talon XT broadheads