Huge Nm Cat.. Holy Cow...

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Huge Nm Cat.. Holy Cow...

This Cat was "rocked" this summer by a outfitter buddy of mine... THIS CAT IS HUGE... We spent days looking for this beast during the season but no luck.. He is still out there.. He goes at least 200lbs.. Man, he is a true giant..
    jason
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bigcat.jpg 
Views:	5312 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	62217  
    Visit my website update weekly -- A WHOLE BUNCH OF GOOD STUFF...Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

holy crap. where do i sign up to hunt that bad boy.. i got teh check book ready!!!!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

Here is another photo of this beast... Man this cat is huge...
    jason
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bigcat1.jpg 
Views:	4717 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	62218  

6. Remove Advertisements
    ArcheryTalk.com
    Advertisements

jason.. what kind of hounds are those??? so i can get a size reference... also estimate a weight and hieght on those hounds

That thing is HUGE!

Quote Originally Posted by adamcooper1983
    jason.. what kind of hounds are those???
    Either very dumb ones or ones with big b***s! I bet he could fit a dogs whole head in his mouth with no problem.

I wouldn't want to cross his path unarmed.

JP
    www.parsonsoutdoors.com

Geez one swat and that dog better have a parachute.

Yep that's a big cat.

Billy Lee is his name.. www.gilaoutfitters.com Tell him I sent you and I posted the pictures...

They are some sort of terrier... probably 30lbs... 20 inches tall.. not huge but BRAVE *******S.... Man I love the pictures... I used to tease Billy about his rat-dogs all the time... NOT ANYMORE.... Look at the size of the ARM on the second picture.. This is the bigggest cat either one of us had ever seen... SPOOOKKEEEYYYYYYYY....

jason

Quote Originally Posted by jamaro
    Billy Lee is his name.. www.gilaoutfitters.com Tell him I sent you and I posted the pictures...

They are some sort of terrier... probably 30lbs... 20 inches tall.. not huge but BRAVE *******S.... Man I love the pictures... I used to tease Billy about his rat-dogs all the time... NOT ANYMORE.... Look at the size of the ARM on the second picture.. This is the bigggest cat either one of us had ever seen... SPOOOKKEEEYYYYYYYY....

jason

Maybe that is an average size cat and he is using Dachsunds to run them!

Seriously, that thing is huge! Hope you guys catch up to him again.

wow that is a big cat!!!!!!!

and some mighty brave dogs...I should have used them to tree my ex-wife on our honeymoon while I drove the get-away car.
    Don't Just Feel Good...FEEL GOD!!! Hidden Content Hidden Content

You have GOT to be kidding me!! Geeze I didn't know those cats got that BIG?!?! Wow... Part of me's thinkin' thats gotta be photoshopped with a lion from Africa or something!! (don't take that the wrong way, I totally believe you, but it's just so damn big!)

OMG

I dont think i could hunt that thing with a bow. Tooooo big for me!

Hey Jason,
    We have a bucnh of those. If you have anybody else wanting to shoot one let me know.

Something is wrong with that photo?

dogs on the photo

they are Deutsche Jagd Terriers (German Hunting Terriers).
    Devils blood runs through the veins of these dogs and I realy mean it!

wow thats huge has that thing been pumping steroids or sumthing

Geeez...

When I fist looked at the pictures, I thought those were 80+ lb. black labs.... That scale would have made the mtn. lion the size of a regular AFRICAN lion.....

When you said they were like 30 lbs., I was like "whew"!! Anyway, that's one big ornery looking cat, and those dogs are some ballsy little rascals. Chasing a 200+ lb. cat up the side of a cliff.... look at the first picture, one slip and it's bye bye doggie!!! I'd love to see the dogs in action!! Man, what a trip that would be!!!

-ZA206

Huge cat for sure!! I'll echo what everyone else has already said - those dogs must be some crazy SOB's to get that close to that thing!!!!

Not that familiar with them....

So I'm wondering, why does the cat not simply kill the dogs? That seems really odd to me, especially considering how easy it appears it would be for it?

Why does this cat retreat like that? Are there 15 more dogs we can't see in the pictures?

You said you didn't see the Cat during season. Was this just a training round for the dogs?

Great pictures. Are those captured from Video footage? I'd love to see some clips from that video!

Bo

Another thing, are both photos from the same location? If so, how on earth was the bottom picture taken, it appears the cat is on a cliff - how did you get that angle? Helicopter?

Arrow

Jason, when my son and I were hunting Unit 23 we were set up in some really thick stuff and him and the so called guide were cow calling, a lost cow call. Well, I figured it was stupid for 3 of us to be there so I walked back to the dirt road to watch and see if a bull would try and sneak around down wind. Well unknown to me at the time, a cat (as big as that one) was stalking my son and the guide wanna be. He got within 4 or 5 feet of my son and he went OH SHEEET and the wanna be guide said WHAT??? , well the cat scared and he ran, well I didnt know this was happening as I was several hundred yards away. So I see something moving and this cat ...no this LION and I will never ever forget it, came out on the dirt road and looked and then kept going and I was like WOW isnt that too cool !!!!! Well, after dark we met back at the truck and compared stories and they were like , he was that big????? cuase they were in such thick stuff my son only saw the feet (thats how close it was). I wish I had the pics of him like above. What a memory ! Thanx for bringing it back to share.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content
    As of 12/31/2013, HSUS had a gross receipt of $217,900,083 - They want to stop ALL hunting ! GET INVOLVED TO STOP THEM!
    NJ Hunters, Join The NJ Outdoor Alliance - Click Here Hidden Content for more info

News Flash.....Female African lion roaming New Mexico. Good thing it dosen't like the taste of dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Boudreaux
    wow that is a big cat!!!!!!!

and some mighty brave dogs...I should have used them to tree my ex-wife on our honeymoon while I drove the get-away car.
    NOW THAT IS FUNNY...

jason

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfking
    they are Deutsche Jagd Terriers (German Hunting Terriers).
    Devils blood runs through the veins of these dogs and I realy mean it!

I will tell my buddy... All I know is that those dogs are brave... But they are pretty mellow around the house..

jason

Photo?

I'm with bearcountry. Those photo's look odd for some reason. Awfully crisp lines on some portions of both photo's. The edges of the cat don't seem to blur into the background as much as the dog's do. Maybe it's just a matter of contrast the colors provide. Also the scale seems odd. In the second photo the cats paw seems to be larger than the dogs head even witht he dog being closer to the camera...Not saying they arean't legit, I guess with an animal that size it is only natural to question the authenticity. I would also say that alot of things look "right" about the photo as well.

Do you have any additional pictures that you could share? I want to believe that the photo's are real as that would be one spectacular animal.
    Last edited by kevinh; February 10th, 2005 at 10:03 AM.

In the second photo the dogs are two feet from the cat and not looking at him.

Photoshop or not that is still a big animal. Terriers? are you sure? Not that Terriers do not have the heart, but they lack the size and the nose, two thirty pound dogs would have a hard time treeing a bobcat, alone a lion like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Hunter
    So I'm wondering, why does the cat not simply kill the dogs? That seems really odd to me, especially considering how easy it appears it would be for it?
    Why does this cat retreat like that? Are there 15 more dogs we can't see in the pictures?
    You said you didn't see the Cat during season. Was this just a training round for the dogs?
    Great pictures. Are those captured from Video footage? I'd love to see some clips from that video!

Bo

Another thing, are both photos from the same location? If so, how on earth was the bottom picture taken, it appears the cat is on a cliff - how did you get that angle? Helicopter?

I am not sure why they just don't take a swipe and knock those dogs into outer-space... Maybe just the nature of the beast... It was just those two dogs...

The hardest part of cat hunting is striking a track and keeping up with the dogs... When they get a cat treed you need to be there ASAP or bad things can happen.... I think they were riding in the bottom of the canyon and had to scale the cliff.

Billy was taking a fishing client into the wilderness on horse back and decided to bring the puppies along for the ride.. They struck a track and all hell broke loose....

I will ask Billy if he has some video...

Not sure how the bottom picture was taken I was not on this fishing trip but I would think it could be from the mountain side of the cat????

Jason

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast