Archery Talk Forum banner

Supporters of Antis

27K views 59 replies 41 participants last post by  mentaldetector 
#1 ·
This is going to be a thread that is to make folks aware of who supports animal rights activists (ARA's) or Antis for short. Do NOT post "well I heard it was so and so" as we dont want rumors, only facts ! Whether it is a person or a large corporation, we need to know so we dont support their cause ! I will remove any that are not factual. If possible, cite your source. There have been many posts over the years about this topic on various forums so we are not in violation of any laws by posting factual information. Thanx

#2 ·
Right from the HSUS Website

Many celebrities have helped The HSUS and our efforts to protect animals. And all of them have at least two traits in common: they're animal friendly and willing to demonstrate their support for The HSUS.
Thanks to every one!

Animal Friendly Celebrities:

Maria Conchita Alonso
Bea Arthur (Halt Hog Factories)
Ed Asner (Providing for Your Pet's Future)
Alec Baldwin (Choosing A Humane Diet, Halt Hog Factories)
Ed Begley, Jr. (Animals In Research, Halt Hog Factories)
Shari Belafonte (Fur Free Century)
Jessica Biel (First Strike)
Elayne Boosler (First Strike, Fur Free Century)
Berk Breathed (Fur Free Holidays, Karakul Lamb)
Ron Burns (Artist in Residence)
Dixie Carter (Fur Free Century)
Mary Chapin Carpenter (Fur Free Century)
James Cromwell (Halt Hog Factories)
Jenna Elfman (Fur Free Holidays, Pets For Life)
Mike Farrell (Animals In Research, Karakul Lamb)
David Foley (Fur Free Holidays)
Sara Gilbert (Animals In Research)
Bill Goldberg (Animal Fighting, Farm Animals, First Strike)
Whoopi Goldberg (First Strike)
Cathy Guisewite (Karakul Lamb)
Steve Guttenberg (First Strike)
Anne Heche (Fur Free Holidays)
Tippi Hedren (First Strike, Fur Free Century, Halt Hog Factories, Karakul Lamb)
Anjelica Huston (narrated public service announcement)
Kevin James (Fur Free Holidays)
Diane Keaton (Fur Free Holidays)
Vicki Lewis (Fur Free Holidays)
Ali MacGraw (Equine Issues, First Strike, Karakul Lamb)
Bill Maher (First Strike, Fur Free Holidays, Spay/Neuter)
Dave Matthews (First Strike, Fur Free Holidays, Halt Hog Factories)
Peter and Mary Max (Halt Hog Factories)
Rue McClanahan (Animals In Research, Equine Issues, First Strike)
Patrick McDonnell (Fur Free Century, National Animal Shelter Appreciation Week)
Mandy Moore (First Strike)
Mary Tyler Moore (Animals In Research, Equine Issues, First Strike, Karakul Lamb)
Frankie Muniz (First Strike)
Kevin Nealon (Animals In Research, Fur Free Century)
Alexandra Paul (Halt Hog Factories, Karakul Lamb)
Victoria Principal (Animals In Research)
Leah Remini (Fur Free Holidays)
Christina Ricci (First Strike)
Ally Sheedy (Halt Hog Factories)
Alicia Silverstone (Fur Free Holidays)
Britney Spears (Fur Free Century, First Strike)
Jerry Stiller (Fur Free Holidays)
Maura Tierney (Fur Free Holidays)
Joan Van Ark (Fur Free Century)
Betty White (Fur Free Holidays, First Strike)
Montel Williams (Disaster, First Strike, Safe Cats)
Robin Williams (Tuna/Dolphin)

#3 ·
#4 ·
#5 ·
You can also check the ussportsmen.org they have a pretty good list infact
i was jst looking at it yesterday it will scare you.

#8 ·
Roxanne Quimby- COO of Burts Bees, based in Durham NC. She is attempting to develop a 3.2 million acre National park in Maine. The proposed would be larger than Yellowstone and Yosemite combined> Yes NO HUNTING and she wants to make it a national park so You pay to maintain it. When the Nature Conservancy bought 185,000 acres in Maine she donated 2 million dollars. She just bought 24,083 thousand acres for 12 million and kicked all the hunters off, as well as the snowmobile trails closed. She has purchased another 15,921 acres at 7.1 million and yes its all now closed to hunters..
How much of this elite stuff is going on in Your area? They buy the land, turn it over to the goverment so they can maintain it and avoid future taxes, with the stipulation that there will be no hunting..

#9 ·
bushbuck said:
Roxanne Quimby- COO of Burts Bees, based in Durham NC. She is attempting to develop a 3.2 million acre National park in Maine. The proposed would be larger than Yellowstone and Yosemite combined> Yes NO HUNTING and she wants to make it a national park so You pay to maintain it. When the Nature Conservancy bought 185,000 acres in Maine she donated 2 million dollars. She just bought 24,083 thousand acres for 12 million and kicked all the hunters off, as well as the snowmobile trails closed. She has purchased another 15,921 acres at 7.1 million and yes its all now closed to hunters..
How much of this elite stuff is going on in Your area? They buy the land, turn it over to the goverment so they can maintain it and avoid future taxes, with the stipulation that there will be no hunting..
Holy Cow!! I need to up my donations to the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation!

#10 ·
This Quimby character, a wealthy anti hunting person, who bushbuck refers to above also contributed ( though a rather small amount ) to those pushing the Maine anti bear hunting referendum last year.

http://www.mainecampaignfinance.com/Public/report_selection.asp?Type=PAC&ReportID=31158&Name=Maine%20Citizen's%20for%20Fair%20Bear%20Hunting&Report=42-day%20Post-General&YEAR=2004&LIMIT=&ID=1389

Sorry - The above needs copy and paste.

http://www.mainecampaignfinance.com/CFReports/PAC/CFReports/PAC_SchedAReports/31158.htm

#13 ·
Have you caught the William Shatner's/Capt Kirk new Peta add on TV.

----------------

Just a heads up, it looks like Disney is looking to remake Bambi

Finally, Mel Gibson (search) the new Michael Eisner? A consortium of European investors is courting Mel to take over Disney.

"Gibson has the sensibilities Hollywood needs," according to a source close to the actor.

The people behind the push point to "The Passion" and say that's the kind of profitability they like. I like Bob Sommerby from dailyhowler.com's observation -- "that remake of Bambi is going to be brutal"

#15 ·
deer_hunt'n said:
What I dont get is why anyone cares what SOME celebrity thinks anyway!!!! :shade:

They are all nuts with way too much money. :mad:
Everytime you plunk down money to see one of their movies, or buy one of their books, or watch their TV shows, you're putting money into their pockets which in part finds its way to these ARA groups. In other words, if you support the work of these wackos, you are in affect supporting PETA, HSUS, ASPCA, ALF, Fund for Animals,etc, etc, etc.

#17 ·
bow weevil said:
I am not going to post a bunch of links, but Americas sweetheart turned @@##$%# pamela anderson is a huge supporter of PETA. I didn't see her name on the list.
You are CORRECT! She is also a VEGAN, pushing the VEGAN "way of life"

Despite her looks, do not support this dame (beyond the free picture downloads :D)

Wacko of the highest order.

#18 ·
I don't vote like a cecebrity or want to be like a celebrity. Everything I kill I eat and share with others including shelters. I contribute and support wildlife conservation and I obey all laws and take advantage of my rights as an American. I could be a celebrity if I wanted at act but I prefer to be myself and do all the things I enjoy. Hunting makes me proud. One more thing, I have a permit to carry a concealed firearm and so does my wife and 21 year old son. God bless America.

#19 ·
Another for the list, possibly. tell me what you think.

Pamela Anderson just had a charity "roast" on comedy central. All money raised went to the Petards. It looks to me like Comedy Central is now on the list of Peta Supporters, since they promoted, sponsored, and broadcast it in order to raise money for her "cause"

#20 ·
bow weevil said:
Another for the list, possibly. tell me what you think.

Pamela Anderson just had a charity "roast" on comedy central. All money raised went to the Petards. It looks to me like Comedy Central is now on the list of Peta Supporters, since they promoted, sponsored, and broadcast it in order to raise money for her "cause"
I would second that assessment. ADD Comedy Central to the list. You can only chock so much up to "being funny."

#21 ·
I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but could someone explain to me if a celeb or anyone contributes money to 'anti-animal fighting' causes or 'anti-dolphin trapping' causes, what makes them so bad? I don't happen to agree with those practices at all. Yes, I whacked 3 deer this year with my bow and will fight to preserve hunting, fishing, trapping and the shooting sports till the day I die. I happen to support spay/neuter ideals. Does that make me part of the problem?

#22 · (Edited)
cath8r said:
I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but could someone explain to me if a celeb or anyone contributes money to 'anti-animal fighting' causes or 'anti-dolphin trapping' causes, what makes them so bad? I don't happen to agree with those practices at all. Yes, I whacked 3 deer this year with my bow and will fight to preserve hunting, fishing, trapping and the shooting sports till the day I die. I happen to support spay/neuter ideals. Does that make me part of the problem?
Well, No and yes to your Question ...no if they only help to spay/neuter pets ... That is one thing ..dolphin trapping.. Are they endangered ? I doubt that even happens much ..Or is it accidental by fish nets? I am not sure ..that stuff needs checked close ..as they say one thing and do another..or ..money may go in to one big pot .then it goes to all kinds of stuff ..like trying to stop bear hunts in NJ ..To banning trapping in NM ..They do this kind of under handed deals all the time.. I never give anti hunting celebs money ..as it may go to anti hunting causes or it will help to keep there face out there to spout off that junk .. I won't even watch their movies on TV.. as the more people watch the more they show it and they won't think airing their views hurt them.. They can have them. but, they should not try and influence people .. Just like politics ... If they wish to lose half their audience they should .. I just copy some thing before I give em any of my money for it ..Not that I am telling anyone else to do that ..

#24 ·
cath8r said:
While they may be contributing to a cause in the belief of good faith, their donations may be going to factions that are anti hunting. How many people give to the hsus or peta believing that their money is going towards helping abandoned kittens and puppies when in reality it is being spent against sportsmen's interests?

On a side note, since you've mentioned the term -- 'anti-animal fighting' causes -- please take note that if factions like the hsus or peta lie or mislead the public about hunting , then consider that whatever they say about other activities involving animals should also be questioned in terms of its accuracy.

#25 ·
cath8r said:
Go to www.animalliberationfront.com and spend a few hours reading their FAQs, credo, and forums. Then see if you feel the same way. Not only do they want to take away your right to whack a few deer, they would like to see YOU dead. It's not a game to them and they are, unfortunately, just as passionate about doing away with your hunting as you are about keeping it. I will not support any ARA supporters and appreciate these lists.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.