Thread: Rangefinder

Rangefinder

What's a good rangefinder for the money, I'd rether spend money on toughness and durability then all the fancy range conpensation stuff like ARC. I'm in FL, Not too many hills around here... Just plain and simple? tryin to stay in a budget, idk what my "price range" is but just wanted everyones input, The good, the bad, and the ugly, thanks...

Basically comes down to what your looking for and price.Typically the cheaper the price the cheaper the quality.I ended up saving a little exra cash to buy a leupold 1000i W/dna because the clarity was fantastic and the speed that it gave you the range is crazy fast.Bought the tbr model not cause i need it or wanted it ,but you never know and it didn't cost that much more than the regular one.

Quote Originally Posted by John D 194 View Post
    Basically comes down to what your looking for and price.Typically the cheaper the price the cheaper the quality.I ended up saving a little exra cash to buy a leupold 1000i W/dna because the clarity was fantastic and the speed that it gave you the range is crazy fast.Bought the tbr model not cause i need it or wanted it ,but you never know and it didn't cost that much more than the regular one.

Price if you don"t mind?

You like it? how does it hold up in weather, rain, snow, etc

376 shipped.I like it alot better than my bushnell that after years of use finally crapped out on me.Really had every intentions of buying another bushnell because how long my first one lasted,but after playing with just about every rangefinder i could think of(which i was lucky enough to because the NRA show was here)I found the leupold was the best one for me.Heck i like it better than the leica and some of the more expensive ones.

So far it has held up in the rain and heat,but haven't had it out in the cold and snow.I don't forsee any problems when that times comes.Another nice thing about the leupold is it has a usb port and as they make updates it can be downloaded right to the unit.

I got a bressler or somthing like that from sportsman guide for 100 and it works grat and if i drop it from my tree on accident its not a 300$ oopssss
    ANY BOW KILL IS A TROPHY, ANTLERS ARE JUST A BONUS!!!

MATHEWS Z9 62.5 LB 31.5 DRAW, AXION GLX 5 PIN SIGHT, CODE RED CAMO DROP AWAY REST,ARROW WEB 5 ARROW QUIVER....

While were on the subject, and not wanting to sidetrack the thread by any means, who makes one with 0 magnification, or a very wide fov, besides opti logic. I just can't find my object with these 4x rangefinders. I still have my old DME, now known as opti logic, but they have gone downhill imo since then.

For bow ranges there are a lot of good ones out there. I've used a Bushnell Scout for archery for several years and it has been fine.

Had a Leupold that wouldn't read consistent, followed by a Nikon that just plain didn't work, so they both went back to the factory. (Not bashing those companies, just what happened to me with the 2 I owned.)

If you're looking for one to carry for all your hunting, and want a quality piece that will stand up to many years, Leica is the only choice IMO.

My CRF 1000 has been nothing but fantastic. 800 yards is no problem in any condition, even on deer, and I can normally range objects up to 1000.

Right now is actually an excellent time to pick up a used one. The new CRF 1600 hasn't been out long and a lot of people are upgrading.

New they run around $650 or so, but you can find them used for $300 or less if you're patient.

While I've never had to use them, I hear their customer service is top notch.

Nikon 440........was replaced by the 550, compact, accurate, easy to use, battery last forever......can be found used at an affordable price.