a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bowtech Warranty ?

Bowtech Warranty ?

I was just checking out the FAQ on Bowtechs website and noticed the following:
    All BowTech bows not sold over the internet come with a non-transferable lifetime warranty to the registered original owner......
    The BowTech Warranty covers product purchased from Authorized BowTech or Diamond Dealers. BowTech products purchased through the internet are not warrantied.

I assume internet sales through authorized dealers are covered?

Best call Peggy and find out

This should be interesting.

Just a quick shopping check on Google showed 20 hits. So how many have a Peggy approved warranty? 1 of the hits was Cabelas. So what's the difference on them vs Joe's Crossbow Shack?

How are the many other dealers getting their stock? If from BT direct why no warranty? If a distributor why does BT allow non dealer sales?

The MSP issue has come up before on here. How does that play into this?

If the above blurp from their FAQ is correct then they just made my decision between the SZ380 and the Tornado a no brainer.

Its already a no brainer,,,,go with the american built product.
    Or check out the Barrnet ghost 400, 100 times better looking crossbow then the 380 anyway.
    Might really be faster too.
    Mathews MR7 orange smoke
    Strykezone 350/380 Xb30 scope
    Scorpyd Velocity, Leupold VX3 4.5 x 14 50 scope, 22" Exacutioner arrows
    Scorpyd Orion, Leupold VX6 2 x 12 42 scope, 22'' Exacutioner arrows

As far as I am aware, Bowtechs are built in America

Per their FAQ- Bowtech and Diamond bows and Stryker crossbows are manufactured and assembled in Eugene, OR.

Call David, he's internet sales and has already covered some warranty issues I believe.....Gary

Quote Originally Posted by no1huntmaster View Post
    Its already a no brainer,,,,go with the american built product.
    Or check out the Barrnet ghost 400, 100 times better looking crossbow then the 380 anyway.
    Might really be faster too.
    Barnet only carrys a 5yr warranty, cost 300 more and feels like a tank compared to the sz380 IMO...but 380 is made in US. I think internet sales are sales by private individuals, and companies that are not an authorized dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by gfulton View Post
    Call David, he's internet sales and has already covered some warranty issues I believe.....Gary
    Hey gfulton, got a # for David at Bowtech, or are you talking about Wyvern? I just sent an e-mail to Renee Barnes at Bowtech (reneeb@bowtecharchery.com) about this issue and am waiting on her reply.

Quote Originally Posted by ncorry View Post
    Hey gfulton, got a # for David at Bowtech, or are you talking about Wyvern? I just sent an e-mail to Renee Barnes at Bowtech (reneeb@bowtecharchery.com) about this issue and am waiting on her reply.
    David Wilkins owns Wyvern Creations.

Yes, his stuff is covered under the BT warranty. I know from personal experience. If it wasn't David wouldn't be doing business with them. He would never set up a deal or sell from a manufacturer that would leave his customers in the lurch. One of the most conscientious people I have ever met.

I sent one to an internet sales and asked the same thing.

Davids tele. 603-659-0575.........Gary.......Yes, he is the owner of Wyverns.

Here is the way this works: "Bowtech" vertical bows cannot be sold over the internet. You have to walk into a dealer and buy them. The Diamond and crossbows lines are able to be sold over the internet. If you purchase a crossbow or Diamond bow off the internet from an authorized Bowtech dealer (like me) you are covered as any warranty claims have to go thru the dealer so you would contact me (or whoever you bought it from) and Bowtech and I would get you taken care of. If you purchase your bow from a non-authorized dealer either as a walk in or internet the bow has to go back to the distributor the dealer bought it from and THEY have to arrange the warranty. If you have a willing local Bowtech dealer they could also arrange it but that is not forced...it is at the whim of the dealers if they want to make the effort or not. The "no warranty" applies only to the Bowtech vertical bows not the Diamond and crossbows though it is worded that way....it is kinda a leftover from when the only way you could get anything from Bowtech was thru an authorized dealer and only as a walk in. Ultimately if you get it online from an authorized dealer you are covered....if they are not an authorized dealer then you are covered but it gets very messy getting problems solved.

Wyvern

David,

Thank you for clearing this up. I assumed that is how it works, but you know what they say when you assume...

No1, what makes you think Bowtech bows or Stryker crossbows are not made in Eugene OR.......USA???? It never ends......and your second comment??????? Wow!
    MOON

Super Small (SS) Recurve Crossbows - The Future of Recurve Hunting Crossbows

Dave
    In Bowtech's owner manual it says about the warranty.
    Ehclusions Bows purchased through ebay or community commerce web sites. I did buy mine through a guy selling them on this web site.I did registration online and Bowtech sent me my warranty information via email back to me confiming my registration .Should I be fine if warranty work need to be done.

You will be fine, but if the person you bought it from is not an authorized dealer you will be jumping thu hoops to get work done. Anyone buying one of these REALLY should only buy from an authorized Bowtech dealer just to CYA.

Wyvern

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern Creations View Post
    You will be fine, but if the person you bought it from is not an authorized dealer you will be jumping thu hoops to get work done. Anyone buying one of these REALLY should only buy from an authorized Bowtech dealer just to CYA.

Wyvern
    Thanks Dave

Cabelas sells online. Are they an authorized dealer? I'm guessing so but how does the end consumer know? Also BT should change their warranty text. Not everyone reads this forum.

Agreed, the verbage on their website is deceiving to say the least.

I just got a response to my e-mail question sent yesterday to Bowtech/ Renee Barnes- she ran it by her manager and said Wyvern's Post #14 above is dead on. She even quoted it. So long as not bought through eBay or other "community commerce website", you're good to go.

Well to cloud the waters I got an email back from Eders. Short and to the point.

We are working that out with Diamond now.

That is because Eders is NOT an authorized Bowtech dealer and buys from a wholesaler.
    Wyvern

So you can get the warranty xbow on line and you can also get the no-warranty xbow on line. And it's up to you the consumer to beat the info out of the seller. Sounds like a great way to run things. Peggy approves I'm sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast