Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bowtech VS Mathews

Bowtech VS Mathews

I am a newbie to the Archery game. I am looking at buying a bow. The to manufactors that I am down to are Mathews and Bowtech. I know that bowtech has there new binary cam system out now but I also know that Mathews is probably the most popular.

As the saying goes a poor man only buys 1 bow and a rich man buys many. well I am that poor man. So I am looking to buy the best right away. can you guys give me your insight on which way I should lean.

Thanks

Shoot them and you tell us......... ........

I am set up to go to a pro shop in the morning and I will be shooting both styles plus several others. But from what I here from some people there is no differance between the 2. Both have smooth draw and handle well from what I here. The 1 thing Bowtech has is the newest cam system.

Thanks

They are both great bows........Of course I chose the Mathews......But many like the BT's.........But honestly you shoot them and you make the choice.......Both companies stand behind their product so that shouldnt be a issue........

The 1 thing Bowtech has is the newest cam system.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

If you were Mathews, why would you change perfection? But seriously try them and see what ya like the best.

LX Shooter's advice is spot on!

Here in S.A we have many archers with the same 2 choices.
    I've noticed that the guys with shorter draw lengths, < 27" tend to go for Bowtech.
    The longer draw lengths > 27" tend to go for Mathews.

The reason is simple. The Bowtech generates more speed for shorter people and the Mathews is fast enough for the taller guys.

Let us know which bow is best for you.

simply the best MATHEWS

Both good bows

Go to a Local pro shop and shoot both.

I could shot either one and feel comfortable.

I currently shoot a Mathews Switchback

Pick which one matches your camo hunting clothes!

They are both great bow lines.

I personally like the Mathews best, but that's just my opinion.
    Robbys Sales ... Great prices on Mathews, Elite, and Bowtech ... Mt. Airy, NC (336) 786-8017
    Vapor Trail Archery
    Elite GT-500 Next G1 Elite Energy 35 Black Elite Pure Cosmic Orange

Archy Guest

Close Decision

I have shot all 3 Pro 40 models and most Mathews models. I went for a Mathews. However I have not shot this years Bowtech models or the Mathews Apex. In my opinion these two companies make the best bows at the moment.

Man there is no wrong turn here. Either bow you get is going to serve you well for the next 10+ years. I shoot a BowTech Liberty and love it. The only thing I have HEARD negative about Mathews is some things about customers service IF you have a problem. Shoot them, buy what you like, then let us know.

P.S. I think you might find the Mathews to be about $50-$60 cheaper than the Allegiance. At least it is here. $639 vs. $699.
    All for HIS glory! / Hunt hard or go home!
    09 Elite GT 500 Ninja / 08.5 GT 500 G1 camo
    T.R.U. Ball Shooting Staff / Vapor Trail Shooting Staff
    Steves Archery / Twin Oaks Archery

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Bob
    Man there is no wrong turn here. Either bow you get is going to serve you well for the next 10+ years. I shoot a BowTech Liberty and love it. The only thing I have HEARD negative about Mathews is some things about customers service IF you have a problem. Shoot them, buy what you like, then let us know.

P.S. I think you might find the Mathews to be about $50-$60 cheaper than the Allegiance. At least it is here. $639 vs. $699.
    The price depends where you live, i live in quebec,Canada.

Mathews switcback = 1025$
    Bowtech Allegiance = 879 $

Wink Sorry, I have to do it.

The price depends where you live, i live in quebec,Canada.

Mathews switcback = 1025$
    Bowtech Allegiance = 879 $
    Wow thats like around $78 here. Man what a deal.

I had a difficult decision and shot both the Swichback and Allegiance several times. I have a 28" draw and decided to go with the faster bow cause I like to hunt with a single pin and thought this might be a better fit. Both bows poundage equal I was 12 - 15 fps faster with the Allegiance. Saying this, the Mathews will (from past exp.) more than likely have a better resale. I have a Mathews FX that will still bring a pretty penny and boy is it a smooth shooter probably should have saved my money cause their will always be something "new and improved" even if it is only a camo pattern change. Good luck with the choice you really can't go wrong.

Both companies build good bows. For me the BowTech is better. For me it feels better shoots better and just suits my fancy better. I will admit, I like two cam bows better than single cam bows.
    Dave Nowlin
    Matthew 6 : 14 & 15 For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
    If God is your Co-Pilot, move over and let Him drive!
    Murphy's Law works even better in the woods!!!
    VaporTrail Pro Staff - Strings, Cables, LimbDriver & Vapor Shield

Which bow to buy

Either bow is a fine choice. Sounds like you have do your homework. Have you shot them both yet? I'ld like to know what you buy.

I sell Bowtech's here in my shop. In my town (Tucson) both the switchback and Allegienc sell for the same money. $699.99. The only thing I keep hearing is that the Mathews has no less handshock and is not any quieter than the Bowtech.

With Bowtech you get "todays" technology, absolutely no nock travel, and no cam timing issues. Plus the Bowtechs are about 15-20 fps faster I also like the fact that the Bowtech is a two cam bow. Braod head tuning is very easy.

Mathews Switchback

Is $609.99 and $619.00 all over the midwest area

Talking

good question.... mathews is a fine bow, but bowtech is also just as fine.....,you cant forget about a hoyt either. it's just all in what feels better to you. i personally prefer my bowtech libertyvft, not the fastest thing on the market but in my opinion the smoothest bow out there,no handshock,no vibration, and shoots almost silent

Well I went to the pro shop and shot sooo many bows. The Switchback was awesome. but I ended up buying the Defender. I saved some money and I got a bow that think is just awesome. I shot well over 300 arrows testing many different bows. But what was even better is that they had my draw length in stock and I will be picking it up in the mornig after they assemble it and also build my arrows up.

Thanks for all your help. As a new bow buyer I cannot wait until the mornig to go out and start shooting my first bow.

OK now when I went back to my pro shop I ended up paying an extra $100 and bought the Allegance bow instead of the defender. And like the Defender my pro shop had my draw length, 28.5 in stock so there was no waiting.

I went bacl and shot both the defender and the Allegance and I really likes the Allegance alot better so I went ahead and spent the money. PISSED off the wife of course. LOL But like I told her, a poor man only buys 1 bow and a rich man buys several. Well I am not rich so I went for the better of the 2.

Money Well Spent

You'll be very happy with the performance and accuracy of the Allegiance!! My wife is getting tired of me telling her how much I love mine,, probably because her new Defender is not here yet
    BowTech's Cheerleader
    Plainsman™ arrow rest staff shooter
    Amanna freezer re-filler
    Allegiance/Tribute FanBoy
    Commander of the Guardian

Hey Muddie,

Thought I may be able to shed some lite on your question.
    I bought a Switchback Xt as well as The Bowtech Allegance.
    I sold the XT. For me the Fatter Grip and absolutely no creep in the XT was my formal conclusion. Me best friend bought my XT and he loves it.
    The grip on the mathews caused me to torque the bow slightly.
    You can not go wrong w/either. i suggest you shoot both and pick the bow that feels more comfortable.
    The Allegance is faster (about 10 fps) w/ the soft cam and about 20 fps w/hard cam, the mathews has less recoil. I have no problem tuning and i shoot fixed bladed broad heads.
    I just love the thinner grip and a little more forgiveness on creep...

good luck

KJ - Texas

Both are great but I have no doubt Mathews is the better quality bow. Do a search on broken limbs and you will see what I'm talking about. Other than quality issues I like the Bowtechs.
    John 3:16
    Matrix 380

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone
    Is $609.99 and $619.00 all over the midwest area
    Not in Iowa...Switchback XT 749
    Tribute 699-729

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy41
    I am a newbie to the Archery game. I am looking at buying a bow. The to manufactors that I am down to are Mathews and Bowtech. I know that bowtech has there new binary cam system out now but I also know that Mathews is probably the most popular.

As the saying goes a poor man only buys 1 bow and a rich man buys many. well I am that poor man. So I am looking to buy the best right away. can you guys give me your insight on which way I should lean.

Thanks
    Muddy41,
    You can't go wrong with either. Both companies make quality products. No matter what you do, you will hear pros and cons about ANY bow company on this site. My advice, ignore 99.9% of it.

Shoot as many as you can and go with what YOU prefer. Selecting a bow comes down to each archer's personal preference on feel and looks. Good Luck with whatever you choose!
    Jerry, mdbowhunter
    I ain't as good as I once was.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast