Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A sad day for Mathews, PSE or Hoyt!

A sad day for Mathews, PSE or Hoyt!

I was wondering if I was the only one tha finds the fact that Martin and some of these other "archery" folks have turned to sexual adds offensive? I hope that there is not a day when Mathews, PSE, or Hoyt turn too half dressed women for there adds. As a christian I find it offensive and sad that women have stupped as low as they have in todays society. I get Bowhunting and Bowhunter the magazine and the first thing that I have done lately is rip the back page off (Martin add) and tare out the page with the ARCHERYTALK add, with the gals chest hanging out. Come on fellas is this what this sport has turned into. I would think that there might be some other true christians that find this offensive. I really enjoy Archeytalk, and it is very helpful, I just wish that they wouldn't have turned to this for advertisement. Maybe if enough of us agreed they would change there Satanic ways.

How much clothing does a person have to wear to be considered "not offensive" in your church? I mean really in some cultures you can't even see a woman's face others they can walk around bare naked. I can't imagine a life where what people wear advertising a bow make me get upset. I am sorry this bothers you so much but I guess all I can say is domn't buy a Martin bow...
    the fun is over once you pull the trigger

Quote Originally Posted by clwilki View Post
    I was wondering if I was the only one tha finds the fact that Martin and some of these other "archery" folks have turned to sexual adds offensive? I hope that there is not a day when Mathews, PSE, or Hoyt turn too have dressed women for there adds. As a christian I find it offensive and sad that women have stupped as low as they have in todays society. I get Bowhunting and Bowhunter the magazine and the first thing that I have done lately is rip the back page off (Martin add) and tare out the page with the ARCHERYTALK add, with the gals chest hanging out. Come on fellas is this what this sport has turned into. I would think that there might be some other true christians that find this offensive. I really enjoy Archeytalk, and it is very helpful, I just wish that they wouldn't have turned to this for advertisement. Maybe if enough of us agreed they would change there Satanic ways.
    Are you serious???!!!! You find it sad that women have stooped as low as they have in todays society?!!!! I dont know what country you are living in but the last i checked the women of the USA are on top of the world. They have equal right just like everyone else and to see that is how you think of women that arent afraid to show what they've got is sad...... What does being Christian have to do with anything?!! Are you calling any other Christian folk that doesnt find that offensive not a TRUE CHRISTIAN???!! Btw im not religious whatsoever but i respect your views. Although it does appear to me that you are calling any other Christian wrong for not thinking that ad was offensive... I take no offense to any ad like that as it is a simple marketing technique. And to say that it is Satanic is in itself satanic!!!!! Some people these days. I find this hard to believe. Wait a second... You are kidding right??? This is all a joke right?....
    "I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess."
    I become a transparent eyeball- I am nothing; I see all.

i hope as a good Christian, you don't go to the pool or beach or lake or pond where women might have swim suits on...

it's marketing, plain and simple.

I'm not going to get into a religous argument...but I do want to put my opinion out there, and I do have 3 daughters. Part of this countries foundation is Freedom of Choice...That is part of a woman's right to choose. I'm not saying I agree with all the ads and how they are done but it is a personal choice that they and their families made. Just like it is the choice to buy, support or not, the companies that use these ads.
    Just My .02
    2009 Diamond Stud 65#, 29"DL, 270fps, 29" Beman ICS Hunter 340, 400gr, KE=70#, Momen=.49, NAP 100gr Spitfire, Broken Rack Archery Strings
    2013 TenPoint Titan Extreme 185#, 315fps, 20" TenPoint Pro Elite Carbon bolts, 425gr, KE=94#, NAP 100gr Spitfire

Let me ask this. How are these types of ads offensive yet a stone sculpture done of a woman whos breast are exposed is art. naked is naked and as long as the naked body is fit and healthy it doesnt bother me one bit. Plus the ad only shows cleavage.

It's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!

Pretty judgmental for Christian.

Psalm 119:22 KJV

Remove from me reproach and contempt; for I have kept thy testimonies.

I really did not read this as a calling out of all christians. I try and remember my testimony for the Lord when making decisions such as magazines, places to go,etc. Do I always get it right or always make everyone happy? No way but the goal is to try and be more like Christ.

I don't go to the pool or beach. It isn't a joke, the condition this world is in is terrible. A woman is to dress with modesty (1 Timothy 2:9). Even though these things are accepted by our world doesn't mean that they are biblical. Stone vs a real woman, thats like shooting your glendale buck or the real thing. I would never support Martin, the Archerytalk add isn't as bad, but why is it neccessary? Would not a pic of a big buck, elk, turkey, moose not do the job?

its the bowhunters Big 3.
    Bows
    Beer
    Boobs

Tony
    2010 Hoyt Carbon Matrix, 2005 Hoyt Ultratec.

If I could make a living by showing some skin in an archery add, trust me I would.

So you don't go out much?

Quote Originally Posted by clwilki View Post
    I was wondering if I was the only one tha finds the fact that Martin and some of these other "archery" folks have turned to sexual adds offensive? I hope that there is not a day when Mathews, PSE, or Hoyt turn too half dressed women for there adds. As a christian I find it offensive and sad that women have stupped as low as they have in todays society. I get Bowhunting and Bowhunter the magazine and the first thing that I have done lately is rip the back page off (Martin add) and tare out the page with the ARCHERYTALK add, with the gals chest hanging out. Come on fellas is this what this sport has turned into. I would think that there might be some other true christians that find this offensive. I really enjoy Archeytalk, and it is very helpful, I just wish that they wouldn't have turned to this for advertisement. Maybe if enough of us agreed they would change there Satanic ways.
    Love this post, I agree
    What will people think, when they hear that Im a Jesus freak

I'm a Christian and I'm not sure how "offensive" it is, but I do think its pretty sad that Martin has to stoop so low, just to get someone to look at their bows. I don't see mathews, hoyt, pse, or bowtech using sex to try to sell bows!

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Get over it! Its out their everywhere. I have a lady that lives right beside me and everyday (I mean everyday) she wears long skirts and a shirt that covers every inch of skin. Should I take it offensive that she doesn't show more because my wife does. Look at it from both angles.

So when you go to the pool or the beach do you were a long sleeve shirt and pants.

Btw I love it when my wife shoots her bow wearing her bikini top.

Adam sinned because of EVE. Judge as you would be Judged. I am not calling out others, I just wonder if I am the only one who wishes this sport would not turn to Sex! Thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Target Tony View Post
    Bows
    Beer
    Boobs

Tony

^5 I like that-spot on Tony! And it's ALL the better when you get to enjoy atleast 2 out of the 3 each and every day of the week!
    2011 70 lb. G5 Prime Centroid, ArmorTech HD Pro Vision , TT Smackdown, Fuse stabilizer
    2012 60 lb. Bowtech Insanity CPXL, ArmorTech HD Pro Vision,TT Smackdown , Fuse stabilizer
    2012 60 lb. G5 Prime Centroid( Ice Blue) 2012 Mathews Heli-M(tactical black) 2012 PSE Evo 7(Skullworx) 2011 Bowtech Invasion(black ops)

Quote Originally Posted by Target Tony View Post
    Bows
    Beer
    Boobs

Tony
    Awesome post! Awwww I'm frowned apone because I like the big three. Ohh well I don't care!

Subscribed. This will get good.

Wow is basically about all I can say.

And lol.
    2014 Fullstrutter Live Rut Bowhunt...DUAL states this Fall!!! Nov 6th-16th!
    Teaming up with Pittstate23 in Kansas and IndianaPSE in Ohio!!
    Elite Pulse MAX-1, 29"@75#, Limbdriver Pro-V, 7 pin Twilight Hunter, TGB Tail-lights
    Beman ICS Hunter Pro's - 402gr @ 316fps & 91KE, Grim Reaper 2" Razortips!

I am a Christian and don't exactly like the way many products are advertised. But in this country, the bottom line is Sex Sells.
    Do I like it? Not necessarily. Would I use Sex to sell a product if I had stock holders to answer to? Probably.
    Here's the way I see it: If a sensual advertisement affects you, pick up your bible and pray. Check your own moral compass before judging others. Don't get me wrong, this world is full of temptation and many men stumble daily, myself included. Our world isn't going to change anytime soon, so I try to trust God to deliver me from it, and I often fail.
    A Child doesn't remember their best day of Television.. Take a Kid hunting.

Give me a break, we all know who you are talking about, she walks the walk also, she would out shoot you and I both. Never met her but from what I hear she is very nice and the sport needs women/girls too, let alone a hott one. I could only hope my daughter turns out like her.

Although I am Christian, It does not offend me but, I think it is tasteless;
    Making a $ advertising something used for hunting with a half dressed woman.
    I mean come on……we all know they aint in the woods dressed like that.

But, look at the world these days it doesn’t stop there……and BTW, I have found this forum might not share some of your "Christain values".
    New Breed Genetix- 60lbs. / 28.5" = 370 grains @ 282 FPS
    New Breed Eclipse- 65lbs. / 28.5" = 370 grains @ 291 FPS

Custom-Arrows. com , Carters Archery- "Get Crackerized" , Starrflight FOBs- "Fletchings Only Better"

guys like chicks. guys like hott chicks more. archery guys like hott chicks with archery stuff in their hands. plain and simple my man

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast