a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World's first Big Game SlingBow 216 fps

Lightbulb World's first Big Game SlingBow 216 fps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=186aqlbxNlI

My homemade world's first Really(!!!) Big Game SlingBow.
    Draw weight 44#, arrow 8 gpp (grains per pound), blistering speed 206 fps, Kinetic Energy 33 ft.lbs.
    (Easton Kinetic Energy Recommendation Chart: deer hunting 25-41 ft. lbs).
    http://inberg.ca/ballistic_calculator.htm
    Other my competitors slingbows achieve maximum speed 161 fps and 20 ft.lbs of KE.

Only the best traditional hunting recurve bows can shooting a little faster like my SlingBow... This is world's smallest Really Big Game archery hunting stuff too. I showed just a homemade prototype built provisionally; but made later by a professional manufacturer should have such performances: draw weight 60+ pounds, arrow 420 grains 235+ fps and KE 51+ ft.lbs.
    My SlingBow is hidden, because my idea is not patented yet.

I recorded speed a light arrow 6,6 gpp, without fieldpoint too: 216 fps:

regards
    Robert

When I was a kid I mounted a lizard tongue rest blade on a wrist rocket sling shot and used it to launch arrows. At close range it was a blast.

why do you not show it in your video?
    ~~~Fire up the grill cuz bowhuntin ain't catch and release~~~
    Ninja'd Carbon Element G3, QAD Bone Collector, AXT Primal XD
    Gold Tip NTG, Silent Knights, Game Changer Quiver, Rage Chisel Tip 3 blades

Quote Originally Posted by BearNDown View Post
    why do you not show it in your video?
    Because it is not already patented.
    Look at your archery equipment: limbs, cams, rest, nocks and others: everything patent pending. Even the little things.
    But my SlingBow is not a little thing, this is a revolutionary project: world's smallest, pocket size deer hunting stuff. Cheap (two rubber tubes only 2$), and fast like good quality traditional hunting bow, compare:
    http://www.tradtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26577

Yes, it is small and not very costly, but what is its accuracy at 20-30 yards?

There is already a slingshot out that will pull up to 70lbs and shoot over 200 fps. According to their claims anyway.
    Give Me My Money, My Guns, And My Freedom!
    You Can Keep The "Change"!
    "Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on what to put on the dinner plate. Liberty is when the lamb is well armed!"
    Molon Labe

Give Me My Money, My Guns, And My Freedom!
    You Can Keep The "Change"!
    "Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on what to put on the dinner plate. Liberty is when the lamb is well armed!"
    Molon Labe

Quote Originally Posted by nnelzon23 View Post
    There is already a slingshot out that will pull up to 70lbs and shoot over 200 fps. According to their claims anyway.
    http://www.gearbids.net/auctions/Bad-Ass-Slingshot-495[/url]
    Sorry, but this speed is a big lie. This construction is much slower, look this thread, #8:
    http://slingshotforum.com/topic/1672...__1#entry14049

Quote Originally Posted by John Kali View Post
    what is its accuracy at 20-30 yards?
    Like traditional bows

good luck
    >>>---------->
    oldschoolcj5

Don't understand why you didn't show the sling bow. If I recall where're you tube videos on who to make it.

im intrigued, post up when your patent clears and you can show the whole thing

??????????

?????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????
    I am not Bias towards any Bow>>>----->I love to shoot em' all!!

I have a hunting buddy who was talking about doing this last year, I get the idea but don't see how it would be better than a vertical bow. Fun idea, sure!

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=av2pSSfW-WI

How different is it from this? Thinking about playing around with one, looks like fun.
    As far West as you can get...Oh yeah and south too.

there was something like that years ago for sale in the back of soldier of fortune magazine.. wrist rocket, used tubes(metal) and wheels, to increase lbs on the band, and used a short bolt - not sure if you could use a broadhead though.. wish i had one now, was cool..

Quote Originally Posted by kawabunga View Post
    Link is unfortunately invalid, but I can reply, because... all other slingbows are similarly constructed

Experimented for many years with slingbows building. Of course the first design was the same as another slingbows: simply fork and strong rubber tubes or bands. This solutions is slow because strong rubber is heavy; during the shot must not only propel the arrow, but the rubber too, which is heavier than the arrow. Most of the draw energy is lost.

When you increase the weight of the arrow - more energy is transffered to the arrow, but unfortunately this arrow is more slower.
    I got most of the Kinetic Energy (24 ft.lbs) when the weight of the arrow was 640 grains (very heavy), draw weight was strong (over 60 pounds).... but arrow speed was only about 130 ft.lbs.

24 ft.lbs... 130 fps... this is not ethical deer hunting. Hunting is very difficult (almost impossible), because deer jump hearing shot. Arrow flies very slowly, the deer has time to react. And arrow penetration level is small.

Because my final solution is other:
    1. Thin - so light - rubber tubes
    2. Complicated mechanism suitable light arrow (350 grains) high speed (206 fps) and much more - 33 ft.lbs of Kinetic Energy, enough for ethical deer hunting.

regards
    Robert

Thanks, got it, definitely interested in seeing it,
    Good luck with it, James.
    As far West as you can get...Oh yeah and south too.

Cool idea. This may be a glimpse into the future of the USA if the liberal mafia ever takes our weapons away from us. ( And don't fool your self, they are trying to EVERY DAY.

Windy II
    Wood pecker
    (Carpenter)

Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Next vid:
    Comparison to the cheap recurve crossbow and Korean t/d recurve bow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOnWA..._order&list=UL

Bow draw lenght is a bit too short, sorry. At 28@ shoot 175 fps.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kali View Post
    Yes, it is small and not very costly, but what is its accuracy at 20-30 yards?
    Quote Originally Posted by jopsa View Post
    Like traditional bows
    I find that very, very hard to believe.
    * Team 20- Undeertakers*
    Elite Energy 32

have a vid of groups at 20 yards?

'11 Elite Pure 70#
    Easton ST Epic 400 w/3"Fusions
    Rage 2 Blades + Buzzcuts

jopsa, finally got to watch your video on youtube what I heard seemed ok, but I've built a couple slingshots in the past which were very much like the older wrist rockets, but much beefier, I used tapered speargun rubbers on the last one it was extremely powerful and would propel a 2 ounce lead sinker over a quarter of a mile accurately and still have the power the go completely through a metal garage door, now I have no Idea what that would do with an arrow, but I'll bet it would be awesome.......might check into the speargun stuff.....

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorkid1 View Post
    I find that very, very hard to believe.
    "Like traditional bows" does not mean "easy like traditional", but "difficult like traditional". Requires a lot of training - like traditional bow.
    I can not show the accuracy, because I am RH, but my right dominant eye is completely blind now (accident - the retina abruption). I can not shoot more, I can only design.

Did you say you were foam Poland ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast