Page 2 of 251 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Stryker 350/380/390

I love the BRC program but I always actually shoot my crossbows to determine actual trajectories. BTW, you are right.....they do. I will set up a target at 100 yards next week and use the top of the bottom vertical post to see how close it is.

TK is using a 25/35/45/55 sight in using factory Stryker arrows with the XB30 set on 360 fps. That will be a darn good alternative for those that want to use that system.

MOON

Super Short Recurve Xbows- The Future of Recurve Hunting Xbows

STRYKER 350- LS 390 COMPOUND XBOWS - YOU CAN SPEND MORE BUT.......

Quote Originally Posted by Moonkryket View Post
    I love the BRC program but I always actually shoot my crossbows to determine actual trajectories. BTW, you are right.....they do. I will set up a target at 100 yards next week and use the top of the bottom vertical post to see how close it is.

TK is using a 25/35/45/55 sight in using factory Stryker arrows with the XB30 set on 360 fps. That will be a darn good alternative for those that want to use that system.
    I have mine set the same as TK w/ 432 grn arrow. My 25 is a hair low.
    TK what weight arrow are u shooting???
    2011 Bowtech Strikezone 380 - Hawke XB30 - GrimReapers-Accuspines/Blazers-FireNocks - 438gn./370fps/131.35ke/19foc
    2012 Monster MR6 - HHA - QAD Ultra Rest - K-Tech - Carbon Impact - GrimReapers/Blazers
    2013 Middleton Black 375 SS - XB30 - 20" Accuspines - 29 grn. Aluminum Moon Nocks

Quote Originally Posted by tkasten View Post
    I sighted my XB30 on my SZ 380 for 25, 35, 45, 55, 65 with the scope setting on 360 using the stock bolts. At 20 it shoots about a half inch high. No problem for me using the 5 yd set up as I sighted in my pins at odd distances for all the years of IBO 3D tournaments. IMO the SZ 380 with the Hawke XB30 is an amazing outfit.
    All u have to do is keep a rangefinder handy!!!
    2011 Bowtech Strikezone 380 - Hawke XB30 - GrimReapers-Accuspines/Blazers-FireNocks - 438gn./370fps/131.35ke/19foc
    2012 Monster MR6 - HHA - QAD Ultra Rest - K-Tech - Carbon Impact - GrimReapers/Blazers
    2013 Middleton Black 375 SS - XB30 - 20" Accuspines - 29 grn. Aluminum Moon Nocks

Limbsavers/Alpha Shoxs

Anyone using the Limbsavers on their 350/380? There is no difference that I can determine in noise, of course, but I like the idea of having some dampening in that area of the limbs. May be useless but I'm going to keep using them:-) I've been using them for several years on Desert Strykers, Strykeforces, Horton Ultra Lites and a few Ten Points.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MOON

I have them in mine but have them more towards the cams, like u would set them on a vertical bow, near the top "S'' of stryker on your pic

I keep them close to the riser to minimize their affect on arrow speed and limb stress. JMO
    MOON

I e-mailed Hawke yesterday asking questions about the XB30. The response from Mike Kurtz indicated that the magnification range on the XB30 is 1.25-4.0X. He suggested that zeroing at 30 yards on the XB30 would allow it to cover 400fps. And yes, they are working on a new version of the XB30 that will be designed to accomodate faster crossbow speeds, but didn't say when it was expected to drop.

Mike is a great and helpful guy. I guess my 20/40/60/80 sight in at 260 fps setting has the scope on about 2.5 power. Plenty for crossbow hunting.
    MOON

Quote Originally Posted by BD1 View Post
    I have mine set the same as TK w/ 432 grn arrow. My 25 is a hair low.
    TK what weight arrow are u shooting???
    The stock bolt is 398/399. With a 432 grn arrow you should almost go to 20, 30, 40, 50 & 60. First see what your doing through the chrono, then adjust scope accordingly.
    "Everyday is a Saturday"

I have not delved into the locked thread and probaly won't but i do have some questions. Is the SZ as quiet as the SF. the loudest noise that comes from my SF is the lock mechanism when you fire it. Do the SZ have this same trait. I notice in the pic's the speed nocs are gone on these new xbows.
    I eat tomorrows trophies today

I didn't shoot side by side but shot the 350 today it seemed to me to have a little less noise and vibration the the 380..anyone have the same observation? Or do I need to shoot both?

Quote Originally Posted by GEMSBOK View Post
    went to my local cabelas and checked them out. very nice xbows but my first impressions are... weight and balance was for me was only just o.k. nothing to say wow . i went right down the rack and held every model they had from Barnetts to Exi-s. fit and feel for me i would put it on par with the Parker Tornado. i say the Horton Team Realtree Ultralite still reigns supreme with weight and compactness. the foward trigger on 350/380 just didnt feel right but i guess you would get use to it.i also thought the 2 new Hortons were a nice balance too.im still gonna say compact and light weight is were the trend will go. xbow manufacturers need to take another leap in tree stand friendly bows. i want a short limbed 5lb xbow that can do 350 plus.
    If you want the SZ350/380 to feel snugly like the Tornado remove both the spacer plate and recoil pad. Then it will feel almost identical. I know because I did it to my SZ380. With that being said the one thing I am not crazy about on the SZ is the extremely high scope height. (Why have a combed stock if your cheek is not going to be on it??) When shooting them side by side I still like the fit and feel of my tornado over the SZ380. My tornado is just as accurate as the SZ380. But the SZ is lighter and way faster!! The trigger pull goes hands down to the SZ!!
    SZ380 & Tornado w/ XB30's
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member MCF Member

I owned a SF and hunted with it one season. It's as loud or louder than the 380 but a different sound. For all practical purposes, there is no difference, IMO.
    MOON

I currently own both . The SZ seems to not be a loud as the SF. Both are relatively quiet. The Viper-X string/cables likely make the SF quieter that stock. The extreme, IMO, downward string tension against the rail quietens the SZ.

I finally got around to shooting the 380 at 100 yards yesterday :-) My XB30's scope, setup for 20/40/60/80 yards with a 410 grain arrow, with the scope's speed dial set on 260 fps, puts the arrows at 2.5" low at 100 yards, using the pointed top of the bottom vertical line. Makes no difference because I'm not shooting at any animal at that distance but it is good to know that I could hit what I'm shooting at, even at that distance. I could turn the speed dial down a few fps and get it dead on but it's not worth the effort, so.................:-)
    MOON

Update on the ACUdraw on the 380

The ACUdraw crank cocker is still holding up nicely on the 380, using the rope cocker hooks. Keeping the cords equalized is the trick since there are 2 separate cords now insted of one continuous self centering cord used with the Ten Point cocking sled, which cannot be used with the 380 for several reasons. I adjust the cords' length at the cord wheels of the ACUdraw and also installed a second cord lock down screw on each wheel, which allows me to minutely adjust the cords' length. In addition to that, when I attach the hooks to the bowstring for cocking and see any difference in initial tension of the 2 cords, I simple remove the hook that has the least tension on the bowstring and turn the cord one revolution, as I would a bowstring to make it shorter and it works like a charm. It is possible to keep the cocking hooks' tension equal on the bowstring without much trouble, a lot less trouble than I initially thought.

Due to the fact that the ACUdraw is so close to the string latches, by the time the string is cocked, the downward angle of the cocking cords is quite severe, which actually causes one or both of the cord hooks to snap into a downward postion just as the string is secured by the opposing latches. I see no harm in this and there is actually no visible wear on the edges of the stock where it meets the barrel.
    MOON

Moon, Thanks for the update on Acudraw.
    SZ380 & Tornado w/ XB30's
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member MCF Member

Close up with cover on

Looks like the stock was made for it........maybe something coming...down the road a bit????:-)
    MOON

Well, it looks like I may be keeping the ACUdraw on the 380 longer than expected. Some strange stuff going on with my left shoulder during the last few days. Kind of scary. Anyway, I'm going to the farm this afternoon to shoot it some more and meet with a friend there that wants to shoot the Draw Lock on the Mission Menace compound. It's 95 degrees in the shade right now so the shooting session won't last long:-)

The ACUdraw, so far, is doing its job and making the difference between being able to shoot the 380 or not. I'm scared even to try to cock any crossbow right now with a conventional rope cocker. I hate sitting there cranking for each shot but it beats not shooting at all:-) I shortened the crank handle almost an inch and it makes the process much better. I can cock the Hickory Creek Inline with my right hand with no problem and this bow is a blast to shoot:-) I will be spending an afternoon in a treestand with the Inline before hunting season to see how it handles and if any unexpected quirks pop up that need addressing.
    MOON

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalasports View Post
    I didn't shoot side by side but shot the 350 today it seemed to me to have a little less noise and vibration the the 380..anyone have the same observation? Or do I need to shoot both?
    Cap........I have both and the 350 has string supressors, It seems the 350 is a bit louder but probably due to arrow weight, see my sig.

gary

Gary,
    I actually went to a dealer today and shot them side by side....they were much closer then I thought....no real noticable differences, other then penetration... with the same arrow the 380 took that hands down. However I did notice something there was quite a big difference in the finish between the two, both in mossy oak treestand one was very very faded almost looked tanish and faded verses greenish/ grey..The optifade even worse dont get me wrong i love my 380...but bowtech really needs to get it together on the finish!! I know i am shouting on deaf ears, but thought i would mention anyways. cocking goes slightly to th 350 but you would have to pay close attention i think. Another thing I heard from the young kid who helped me out is he was saying that bowtech is telling people to put the rope cocker behind the stock to cock so it doesnt jump the rail. I think he was making it up because it seems like it would be prone to slipping and could be very dangerous. Anyone else heard this "trick" to cocking?
    Strike Zone 350, Hawke XB30, Gold Tip Lazer III, Lumenoks, NAP FOC Broadheads
    Strike Zone 350, Gold Tip Lazer III, Lumenoks, NAP FOC Broadheads

I can put the stock on my groin & pull straight up. No slipping or hurting your knee or leg moving. It also lets u center the bow more.

BD1 is right. That's the way to cock the 380 and 350, at least for those that can use a cocking rope:-)

I just got back from the farm, shooting the 380 with the XB30 sighted in for 20/40/60/80 yards (scope's speed is set on 260 fps). The bow is awesome!!! I was shooting the little McKensie (?) peccary (tiny western pig :-) at 60 and 80 yards. I'm not changing anything on this crossbow for this hunting season. It's a first class bean field crossbow. It's shooting 410 grain arrows at 373/374 fps. If my shoulder doesn't get better soon I'll have install an ACUdraw on the 350 also.
    MOON

Comparisons

OK, I'll go ahead and say it:-) After owning, hunting with and shooting the 405 fps Stryker, the 350 fps Desert Stryker and the 380 fps Stryekforce, IMO, none of them can match the overall performance of Stryekzone 380 as a long range hunting crossbow.

We often hear how "balanced" a crossbow is. How's this for balance? This bad boy is shooting a 410 grain arrow at 373/374 fps and will drive tacks out at extended ranges. Watch out soybean fields when October 1 rolls around:-)
    MOON

350/380 quiver bracket for parallel mounting

I'm getting lots of questions on the quiver brackets I use for parallel to barrel quiver mountings on the 350/380. I've posted the info somewhere else but i don't remember where so.....:-)

I used an HHA vertical compound bow red dot scope sight bracket and modified it to attach the Wyvern Creations "L" bracket. The modifications to the HHA bracket were extensive, requiring cutting, shaping, drilling, tapping, smoothing and painting, all of which was done by hand with hand tools. You can make that adapter bracket by simply using a small piece of 3/16" thick aluminum plate. One side has to have holes to match the quiver mounting studs on the 380 and the other side of the plate must have 2 holes to match Wyvern's "L" bracket's holes. It's that simple. If I can do it, anyone can:-)
    MOON

Page 2 of 251 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast