Page 3 of 262 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Stryker 350/380/390

Quiver mount

I have both the 350 and 380 set up this way. I actually have grown to like this configuration better than the top mount and it uses factory quiver mounting holes:-)

Attached Images Attached Images
    MOON

Super "Small" Recurve Xbows- The Future of Recurve Hunting Xbows

STRYKER 350- LS 390 COMPOUND XBOWS - YOU CAN SPEND MORE .......

I cocked the 350 twice yesterday with the rope cocker and no ill effects to my shoulder!!!!! I've been the 380 a lot, usingthe crank cocker but I'm itching to shoot the 350 now.

Cap, as to your comments about the finish (paint) quality consistency, there is some difference from bow to bow and I would guess that the sheer demand for these crossbows might have something to do with it. I've seen the same thing in some other brands but that is one aspect that I'm not critical of.
    MOON

Quote Originally Posted by Moonkryket View Post
    I have both the 350 and 380 set up this way. I actually have grown to like this configuration better than the top mount and it uses factory quiver mounting holes:-)
    Why?... Personally, I find the under-bow mount parallel to the rails prevents a solid, stable rest with the quiver in place. (Nice work by the way. You ARE a craftsman.) (or are they "craftpersons" these days???)
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE, Zeiss 3-12 Illum Duralyt, CamX Accuspine, 100gr Firenock SBG RamCats Scorpyd Orion150 Leupold 2.5-8x36mm, AcuDraw, Wyvern BEEs. Swarovski bino, Leica rangefinder, Surefire, Deerelight & Fenix lights.
    White Buffalo Inc. - Project Manager ... Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor ... NRA Life Member 1971

I cocked the 350 twice yesterday with the rope cocker and no ill effects to my shoulder!!!!! I've been the 380 a lot, usingthe crank cocker but I'm itching to shoot the 350 now.

Cap, as to your comments about the finish (paint) quality consistency, there is some difference from bow to bow and I would guess that the sheer demand for these crossbows might have something to do with it. I've seen the same thing in some other brands but that is one aspect that I'm not critical of.
    Yeah i know I am sore about about my paint we all know that...lol...it was just odd to see the difference side by side in color with same camo. however if you didnt see them side by side they would be just fine.....I was in the shop the other day and someone was commenting how well they liked the optifade on my bow....it is a very cool pattern....
    Strike Zone 350, Hawke XB30, Gold Tip Lazer III, Lumenoks, NAP FOC Broadheads

I agree on the Optifade. It's different and cool:-)

Duke, I never shoot off rails when hunting or practicing. It's all sitting and off hand with my elbow resting on my thigh or side. If I shot from shooting rails, these below the riser quivers would be a problem.:-)

Chraftsperson????? NOT! :-)
    MOON

I left the 380 cocked all day yesterday and the 350 has been cocked since 8:00 am. I'm going to continue doing that once per week or so until October 1 just to see how the limbs hold up, and then after October 1 they will be cocked virtually all day every time I hunt with them. If anything "pops" up I'll post it.
    MOON

That's a very good test & that way if u have a problem have it solved before hunting season!!!!
    Middleton Black 355 SS & 375 SS - XB30 - 20" Accuspines - 29 grn. Aluminum Moon Nocks

I left the 380 cocked all day yesterday and the 350 has been cocked since 8:00 am. I'm going to continue doing that once per week or so until October 1 just to see how the limbs hold up, and then after October 1 they will be cocked virtually all day every time I hunt with them. If anything "pops" up I'll post it.
    I was just thinking about that myself. Please post the results in a separate eye-catching thread? It would be good for me to be able to leave my 350 cocked all day and discharge it after the evening hunt!!!! Less back strain.

I would be rather shocked if any thing happened to the limbs. I really think 90% of limb problems stem from re stringing out of spec. and shooting arrows that
    are rite on the threshold of being too lite.
    Most people will not settle for a lower then advertised speed for to long. I think if a bow was shot at 8 Fps less( just throwing a no here.) then the advertised speed using a heavier arrow, there would rarely be any talk about limb issues.
    This has been my experience in the compound world.
    I really like the idea of the limb bisckets to take some of the hit, especially for people that are regular/weekly shooters. This just makes good sense
    to reduce the axle hole enlongation that takes place on limbs after a year or two. Sloppy axle holes are the way u tell how much wear ia on a verticle bow
    even when it looks brand new. I rarely find this on a Hoyt because of those biskets.
    Mathews MR7 orange smoke
    Strykezone 350/380 Xb30 scope
    Scorpyd Velocity, Leupold VX3 4.5 x 14 50 scope, 22" Exacutioner arrows
    Scorpyd Orion, Leupold VX6 2 x 12 42 scope, 22'' Exacutioner arrows

No 1, although I really like these crossbows, IMO, they are hunting crossbows. For daily shooting year round I don't see it being these crossbows.....yet:-)
    Maybe a little later we will be able to say they are.

During the last 7 or 8 years I've had some bows that really impressed me with unique designs but actually fell apart (mostly limb slivers and splits) with ongoing daily shooting. For that reason I tend to keep my Excaliburs around. 2 other crossbows that have been really dependable and trouble free with quite a bit of ongoing shooting are the Desert Stryker and Strykeforce but they can't match the Excals. I don't know of any compound crossbow that can.
    MOON

Living in Idaho I cannot use a scope during archery season. Has anyone tried a pin or dot type sight on the 380?

Can youu use a zero magnification red dot sight?
    MOON

No1, I agree on the need to absorb as much limb vibration as possible in an effort to maximize limb and wheel/axle life, especially with higher performance crossbows.
    MOON

Timed out on the previous post :-( I left the 380 cocked most of the day again with no problems. I'm cocking it 2 or 3 times per day now with no shoulder problems, using the cocking rope. 6 weeks away from bow season!! I'm thankful to be able to cock my crossbows. It's been a long 5 months. I'm also going to get some hunting time in with the Hickory Creek Inline, the only crossbow that I could cock and shoot for several months after my surgery.
    MOON

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalasports View Post
    Another thing I heard from the young kid who helped me out is he was saying that bowtech is telling people to put the rope cocker behind the stock to cock so it doesnt jump the rail. I think he was making it up because it seems like it would be prone to slipping and could be very dangerous. Anyone else heard this "trick" to cocking?
    Once I watched the string jump the rail I tried to figure out why. When Moon posted that the Acudraw50 worked, I wondered why. Then it dawned on me that the string position was putting downward pressure on the hooks. That is when I started putting my string across the buttstock to cock the bow.

I DO run the string through a piece of clear vinyl tubing (5/16 I.D. and 1/2 O.D) between each hook. Cocked that bow 180+ times that way and NEVER had a problem. That is how I have ALWAYS done it on my TenPoints (probably 700 shots total on 3 different TenPoints) and NEVER had a problem. I learned that from a buddy who has a Horton he bought in 2002. He has never had a problem. The TenPoint buttstocks are curved (and hard, which is why I started using the vinyl tubing -- to prevent wear on the rope), which prevents the string from rolling. The BT's have a rubber buttstock and the friction prevents the string from rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
    Once I watched the string jump the rail I tried to figure out why. When Moon posted that the Acudraw50 worked, I wondered why. Then it dawned on me that the string position was putting downward pressure on the hooks. That is when I started putting my string across the buttstock to cock the bow.

I DO run the string through a piece of clear vinyl tubing (5/16 I.D. and 1/2 O.D) between each hook. Cocked that bow 180+ times that way and NEVER had a problem. That is how I have ALWAYS done it on my TenPoints (probably 700 shots total on 3 different TenPoints) and NEVER had a problem. I learned that from a buddy who has a Horton he bought in 2002. He has never had a problem. The TenPoint buttstocks are curved (and hard, which is why I started using the vinyl tubing -- to prevent wear on the rope), which prevents the string from rolling. The BT's have a rubber buttstock and the friction prevents the string from rolling.
    I should also mention that I shortened the rope. To attach the rope, I first put both hooks on the string while holding the rope slightly tight by holding the vinyl tube, then put each hand under an edge of the vinyl tube (which is only about 5 inches long), and then I pull the string up about 4 inches to get the rope/tube over the buttstock. I did that to shorten the distance I have to lift the string with the handles to cock the bow (that last 4 inches of pull with your hands high was KILLING my back!). That tension on the hooks also holds the rope in place on the buttstock so you can move around easier to position yourself for the pull. I have NEVER had the rope move on the buttstock when pulling on the handles (the string is already under tension) to cock the bow.

ACUdraw

Tom, I did not install the ACUdraw 50. It was the ACUdraw crank cocker, but you are right, the 50 would work nicely on the 380.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MOON

Quote Originally Posted by Tom D View Post
    I should also mention that I shortened the rope. To attach the rope, I first put both hooks on the string while holding the rope slightly tight by holding the vinyl tube, then put each hand under an edge of the vinyl tube (which is only about 5 inches long), and then I pull the string up about 4 inches to get the rope/tube over the buttstock. I did that to shorten the distance I have to lift the string with the handles to cock the bow (that last 4 inches of pull with your hands high was KILLING my back!). That tension on the hooks also holds the rope in place on the buttstock so you can move around easier to position yourself for the pull. I have NEVER had the rope move on the buttstock when pulling on the handles (the string is already under tension) to cock the bow.
    Tom.........I'm with you, my dad always told me you have to be 5% smarter than what your using or working on, mine jumped off the rail once and I figured it out, practice is priceless............Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Tom, I did not install the ACUdraw 50. It was the ACUdraw crank cocker, but you are right, the 50 would work nicely on the 380.
    Ahhhh ... so the note I got about the Acudraw 50 was you speculating about it working. I thought you had actually mounted it on your bow (and later dismounted it to put on the Acudraw). My error.

WELL ... ... you were absolutely correct. IT WOULD WORK! ...

No place for the hooks and handles I got the wicked ridge 52 and it just not right for my 350 any one want it.

I think the WR unit is actually larger than the standard ACUdraw 50. I may put one on the 350 just to see how it works.
    MOON

I have a black limbed 350 coming. I'll install the ACUdraw rope cocker on it to see how it fits.
    MOON

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I have a black limbed 350 coming. I'll install the ACUdraw rope cocker on it to see how it fits.
    How did u get a black limb 350, I taught they were just 380's????
    Middleton Black 355 SS & 375 SS - XB30 - 20" Accuspines - 29 grn. Aluminum Moon Nocks

Check with Wyvern.
    MOON

Moon, do you think it would be hard to make an adapter to allow a var. speed drill to crank an accudraw? would it be worth it? I thought it might help some of the less able archers. Although it would have to be awfully quiet in the woods. I had a eureka moment reading
    this thread and had to ask before I forget about it.
    Hank

Page 3 of 262 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast