a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 4 of 264 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Stryker 350/380/390

Hank, yes, it can be done but battery powerd drills are heavy. I tried it a couple times but for me it wasn't worth the effort. Weight is my enemy. I can see your point though. If someone that cannot crank the cocking device with the supplied handle but he can haul the drill to and from his stand and use it effectively, it makes lots of sense. It will work, using a 1/4" socket. I would recommend using a drill with an offset handle to prevent it from twisting in the hand. I tried a Black and Decker battery powered screw driver (straight body) and I could not keep it from twisting in my hand.

I think it would be cool for Ten Point to design a battery powered unit option to work with the ACUdraw that is portable.

MOON

Super Small (SS) Recurve Crossbows - The Future of Recurve Hunting Crossbows

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Hank, yes, it can be done but battery powerd drills are heavy. I tried it a couple times but for me it wasn't worth the effort. Weight is my enemy. I can see your point though. If someone that cannot crank the cocking device with the supplied handle but he can haul the drill to and from his stand and use it effectively, it makes lots of sense. It will work, using a 1/4" socket. I would recommend using a drill with an offset handle to prevent it from twisting in the hand. I tried a Black and Decker battery powered screw driver (straight body) and I could not keep it from twisting in my hand.

I think it would be cool for Ten Point to design a battery powered unit option to work with the ACUdraw that is portable.
    ALSO ... set the drill for the lightest torque setting (if that is an option) that will take the string all the way to full cocking position. If you crank past the point where the safety goes on, it can wreck the ACUdraw (at least that is what the instructions say for the hand crank ... so be carefuly using the drill).

Without that option it's a crap shoot

It would really be cool if Ten Point would/could develop a clutch type unit without the clank clank clank when cocking:-)
    MOON

There is a feature of the 350/380 that nobody talks about that I like and it's their rubber shoulder pads. They don't slip on the shoulder....or anything else you lay them against. The little things add up
    MOON

There is a feature of the 350/380 that nobody talks about that I like and it's their rubber shoulder pads. They don't slip on the shoulder....or anything else you lay them against. The little things add up
    Yup. I agree. I actually get a bruise on my shoulder from the sharp edges of the butt stock of my TenPoint Maverick if I shoot 15+ shots or so. Mild ache. But as I was shaving after stepping out of the shower I couldn't figure out what that yellowed spot was on my shoulder. After I thought about it, it was exactly where the edges of the stock hit me on the reverse recoil. The rubber pad on the bottom of my 350's is a nice feature.

Don't say that too loud they may discontinue that on the next recall.... lol

Tom, how could reverse recoil hit your shoulder? I don't understand that one but I'm John Deer tractor vs. 100 year old fallen oak tree weary so ........
    MOON

I sold one of my Ultra Lites last week and when the guy saw the SZ 350 hanging there, I thought he would go nuts. He said "that's the one I want right there"! I thought I had lost the sale on the UL for a moment.
    MOON

Now that I've shot the 380 for weeks with the XB30 sighted in 20/40/60/80 yards, with the speed dial set on 260 fps, I like it so much I'm going to try to do the same with the 350 tomorrow. It's shooting a 410 grain arrow at 343/344 fps. I don't know if the XB30's speed dial will adjust low enough to do it but I'm going to give it a try.
    MOON

Moon - What did those bolts chrono at on the 380?

Nick, 373/374 fps - 410 grain GT Laser II with 3" Fusion vanes.

I think the 350's speed dial will be set on about 300 fps setting to achieve the 20/40/60/80 yard sight in.
    MOON

Put up 2 more ladder stands today (fighting mosquitos) and then took time to determine where I needed to set the XB30 scope's speed dial to get 20/40/60/80 yard sight in with the SZ 350, shooting 410 grain arrows at 343/344 fps. 240 fps on the speed dial put these arrows in the dot at those distances.

It's interesting and I have not figured it out yet (and may never:-) but the 380, shooting the same 410 grain arrow at 373/374 fps is dead on at 20/40/60/80 yards with the XB30's speed dial set on 260 fps. Anyway, I have both sighted in now with the same sight in setup using the same arrow.

Another thing I've determined as of today, I need that chin support that the ACUdraw provides like I have on the 380, so tomorrow I'm going by the local pro shop and pick up an ACUdraw 50 for the SZ 350.....bottomless pit $$ :-(
    MOON

ACUdraw 50 going on the SZ 350 tonight. I didn't realize the 50 was that expensive . Oh well, we only go round one time:-)

Tom D, so I guess you don't need any of that Spectra cocking cord now?
    MOON

ACUdraw 50 going on the SZ 350 tonight. I didn't realize the 50 was that expensive . Oh well, we only go round one time:-)

Tom D, so I guess you don't need any of that Spectra cocking cord now?
    Check the price. If my 350's don't explode by 200 shots, I may put one one. I DO cock them by hand now ... but after 3 shots I wait a half hour or so to recover, do 3 more, wait a half hour, do 3 more. 9 shots and quit. I won't need one for my hunts, but I will put one one if we can find string long enough to do the single-string method we talked about.

The ACUdraw 50 is sitting on my work bench but My butt is worn out so it will have to wait until tomorrow morning:-(

Tom, I'll keep you posted on the above install.
    MOON

Here I go:-) headed for the shop. I hope I don't screw this up!
    MOON

Here I go:-) headed for the shop. I hope I don't screw this up!
    Me too ...

Long day

Trying to do 5 things at one time but here it is, the ACUdraw 50 cocker on the 350. I'll post photos of the magnetic hod down rod on Sunday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MOON

I'm getting too old

for this:-)
    MOON

The hardest part

was trying to determine where to put magnets to hold the cocking rope handles. I'm about half way on completion of that. I'm hunting tomorrow and and I hope to finish this thing Sunday. Couple little unexpected glitches popped up :-)
    MOON

was trying to determine where to put magnets to hold the cocking rope handles. I'm about half way on completion of that. I'm hunting tomorrow and and I hope to finish this thing Sunday. Couple little unexpected glitches popped up :-)
    They ALWAYS do!!!

An acquaintance of mine whom I worked with many years ago was a cynical and negative guy. He had a saying ... "It's ALWAYS SOMETHING!"

Every time a 20 minute project takes 3 hours and 2+ trips to the hardware store I think of him.

I hunted with it yesterday just to see what I need to do with it to finalize the cocking rope handles. I was lying in the bed at 3:00 am think about several ways to go with the "T" handles:-) It's going to be fun. Cocking the 350 with this setup is a breeze.
    MOON

I hunted with it yesterday just to see what I need to do with it to finalize the cocking rope handles. I was lying in the bed at 3:00 am think about several ways to go with the "T" handles:-) It's going to be fun. Cocking the 350 with this setup is a breeze.
    Yah, I bet. You get a downward pull every time all due to the location of the ACUdraw50. Hooks can't jumpt the rail.

Looked a little crowded inside that buttstock pocket hollow however. THAT is what probably kept you up at 3 A.M. Don't you know us "men of a certain age" need our sleep? ...

I vote moon for head of engineering @ BT,,, one year would change the game!!!!!

Done

I just finished my "T" handle magnetic hold down. See.... lying in bed at 3:00 thinking about it paid off:-) it's quiet now with no rattling when in place....even more secure than when on the other brand:-) I used a piece of steel rod, blued it, drilled a hole through the stock for the rod and another small hole coming from the bottom for a 10-24 Allen set screw. Nothing to break or come apart. Tom, as to being a tight fit........it is:-) but with a small piece of black Velcro in the slots for cusion, the hooks press in perfectly so there is no rattling around.

Here is the 380 with an ACUdraw and 350 with an ACUdraw 50 rope cocker next to the Ibex and Vortex with ACUdraws. Let's face it, when pushing 69 years old we have to be prepared for periodic bum shoulders and God only knows what else:-) In the meantime, the 350 is going back up a tree in the morning.
    MOON

Page 4 of 264 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast