Page 5 of 262 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Stryker 350/380/390

Beautiful job!

Thanks:-) I was thinking , at one time, of making some smaller all metal "T" handles to replace the factory ACUdraw units but hunting season is in and I'm leaving well enough alone for now. I've finally got both crossbows with the same cheek/chin feel and both are sighted in for 20/40/60/80 yards with Hawke XB30's, using the same arrows. Simple consistency is a good thing for us old farts :-) Now if I can find an old buck wandering around...........
    MOON

Super "Small" Recurve Xbows- The Future of Recurve Hunting Xbows

STRYKER 350- LS 390 COMPOUND XBOWS - YOU CAN SPEND MORE .......

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Now if I can find an old buck wandering around
    Have you looked in a mirror???? ... ...

Yep, and I ask myself.....how did I get this old this fast Shoot a big one Tom D!:-)
    MOON

Safety lockout

I've tried to think of a way to attach the safety and string claw lockout device to the 350 and 380 but so far .....zilch:-) Attaching it to a rubber band or cord would look like crap so I've ended up covering the bar between the 2 pins with a highly reflective white road sign material. That sucker glows when a flashlight is aimed at it. If I drop it out of the tree stand now I will have a decent chance of finding it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MOON

Sitting in my treestand this afternoon, I was looking at the 350's string center serving and cable servings. I guess I've got over 300 shots on the bow to date and the factory center serving, although flattened a bit on the bottom, shows no sign of serving separation. Neither does the 380's. This is pretty amazing since the string down force is quite high....enough to create that burning smell at times when being shot. These strings and cables seem to be very high quality. I heard that the string material is BCY 452X. I personally would prefer 8125 and it should be easier on the limbs, everything else being equal. When these need replacing I may make up some in 8125 just for the fun of it:-) In the meantime I'm still waiting for the bow press :-(
    MOON

I had the SZ 380, awesome crossbow! My Parker Enforcer was a thunder bomb noise maker compared to the quiet SZ. no doubt, the SZ's are the best buy in crossbows, a lot of bang for the buck, how do they do it? I sold both of my crossbows and I was going to get another compound... now I wish I never sold my SZ, think I might get another one. Here it is in my video:
    2014 SCORPYD ORION, 2013 SCORPYD VENTILATOR, 2014 OBSESSION SNIPER GT
    STRAIGHT'N ARROW BOW SLINGS, ARROWRAP.COM, GATEWAY FEATHERS
    PANASONIC SD90, PANASONIC V700, PANASONIC V520, GOPRO HERO3
    www.facebook.com/pages/The-Field-Archer/203839542964870
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFieldArcher

Wow! Nice quality video. What camera did you use?
    MOON

way to wack 'em!

Wow, what a beautiful afternoon! Just a slight breeze from the west, sitting in a very good tree stand ( at least it has been in the past:-) watching turkeys flying to roost over my head, the squirrels and a fox sneak by at dark.....was cool. So far, all is good with the SZ 350 and even the 380.

The 350 is, without a doubt, the finest overall and sweetest shooting hunting crossbow I've ever had my hands on. I won't go into all the reasons for my opinion on that because I've posted those reasons quite a few times already....as I've been reminded, and now that I've hunted with it since October 1, I'm more convinced than ever.
    MOON

I hunted yesterday in one of my favorite spots and saw nothing but after having dinner at the Roadhouse restaurant last night, which is directly in front of The Home Depot parking lot (in town), we saw 4 doe deer standing IN the parking lot They are survivors for sure
    MOON

Yup, Those deer are getting smarter!! Last year I went to Dollar General after I came out of the woods on my way home and while I was walking back to my truck 4 does and a 8 point came right across the paved parking lot 50feet in front of me.
    SZ380 & Tornado w/ XB30's
    Crossbow Warrior Pro Staff
    NRA Member MCF Member

I'm headed back to the farm tomorrow for another whack at it:-) Muzzle loader season after next week so we will have some competition for a couple weeks and then the dogs are thrown in the woods. Yep, it's all down hill from that point but I'll still be sitting in my treestands until January 1. Tomorrow is the 380's turn
    :-)
    MOON

good luck moon!!
    Strike Zone 350, Hawke XB30, Gold Tip Lazer III, Lumenoks, NAP FOC Broadheads

Looks like I'm going to need it. Mightly slow around here. I'm switching up the next few days and hunting some soybean fields. It seems the acorns have all been cleaned out now. I've been toying with the idea of installing the HHA Optimizer with a Zeiss 3x9 older Davari C scope with duplex reticle on the 380 (since I've sold the Desert Stryker) for hunting the fields.
    MOON

i love my 380. i have shot at 10 deer with it and killed 10 deer(all does). 4 of the 10 have been past 35 yards. i also started using a EO tech this year. i love that scope. all 10 of the deer have either dropped in their tracks or fell in sight. all were killed with Razor tricks. i am hunting on properties(small) that have way too many deer. i am allowed unlimited anterless kills for 7 months. some places up here have 400 deer per sq mile.

dang where are you hunting....i have only seen a couple deer in the past 20 some odd days....in september they were everywhere.....i think warm weather in early oct really changed them up. congrats on the deer
    Strike Zone 350, Hawke XB30, Gold Tip Lazer III, Lumenoks, NAP FOC Broadheads

Nova, so you've been busy:-) I average only a couple deer per year, for several reasons but I never tire of sitting 15' off the ground, waiting for that buck...and waiting
    MOON

I continue getting questions on the 350 and 380 on a daily basis. It's hard hunting everyday and trying to answer PM's and emails but I'm doing the best I can. After hunting with the 350 and 380 for 4 weeks, and with daily shooting during the middle of the day, here is what I've seen with both crossbows so far:

Better string center serving and cable serving life than either the Desert Stryker or Strykeforce (and they were good). I think these strings and cables are the best factory offerings I've seen on any compound crossbow.

Absolutely no cam roatation change on either bow since new

No string stop damage or wear so far

The safety/trigger lock out takes the worry out of going up and coming down from stands with the bows cocked.
    MOON

Lost 50 acres of prime hunting land to timber cutting (coming in January). I'll spend some middle of the day time this coming week to pull ladder stands. At my age, I've come to expect "change" not be good but, also at my age, I'm thankful to be able to be hunting every day that I want to. I can sit and recall numerous hunts on that 50 acreas, over the years, that ended up with a buck on the ground and my hunting buddy of 40 years and I dancing around like 2 kids, celebrating. He's gone now (passed away last year at 75) but the memories are all good:-) and life is still good A loss of 50 acres of prime hunting land is not going to change that. Pictured below is my hunting buddy with his last buck taken with his old Pearson Flame and Zeiss Z-Point I mounted on it for him. Back up a tree Monday:-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    MOON

i saved 50 acres from being logged in the late 90's. i arranged for a natural history museum in cleveland to purchase it, they already owned close to 5-600 acres up and down the grand river. a beautiful young lady from los angeles donated the money for it because i asked. if i mentioned her name you would'nt believe me. on the other side of the coin the woods i learned how to hunt in in the late '9o's has been butchered horribly. people called me and asked me to intervine but there was'nt anything i could do. in 1996 when i first stepped into it it may have been the greatest whitetail funnel in america. God knows that's no longer true. the 50 acres i did save is the loveliest woods i have ever set foot in. i might add i had help locally to save it. but at any rate you can't save them all and it is very painful when they go.

That's the truth. I believe habitat destruction is also a factor in certain areas where hunting, in general, is in a decline. Compare hunting in mature woodlands with hardwoods and pines vs. looking out over a straw field with nothing but briars and small pines. Unfortunately it's the trend these days and will not get better. "The good old hunting days" ........ I bowhunted a 300 acre tract called Cherry Hill in the late 60's to mid 70's, absolutely the most beautiful peice of hunting land I've ever laid my eyes on. It was 25 miles from the nearest municipal area. Today that land is filled with homes. Some call that progress. Not in my eyes

Steve, are you still shooting the SF? I finally sold my Desert Stryker. The guy I sold it to called me last week saying how much he loves the crossbow. I've narrowed my compound hunting crossbows down to the 350, 380 and the HC Inline plus the Ibex and Vortex recurves. I have one UL remaining for sale and I'm keeping the SC Six Pack Twinbow just for the hell of it although I have difficulty cocking it now since my rotator cuff surgery. I have a feeling I'll be adding 2 new 2012 models early next year. I was shown one new 2012 model last week that is very interesting I still consider the 350 the best all around hunting crossbow I've ever put my hands on.
    MOON

i still own it, i'm on the sidelines (so far) this year. i'm ok physically, just basically broke. my situation defies description, it would'nt suprise me if i tell you some stories some day. just remember, my best ones are the ones you won't believe, and they are all true.

I'm sitting up the tree yesterday looking at my string, cables and servings on the 350. I'll swear they look almost new, approaching 400 shots. The cable center servings look new and the bowstring center serving has flattened a bit on the bottom of the string where it rubs the rail deck but NO serving separation. These are finest factory strings and cables I've seen on any crossbow. All I've used is Jigaloo on the barrel deck from time to time with nothing on the serving.

BTW, had 2 does come by at 20 yards at 5:30. I practiced aiming until they were out of sight. Man! the bucks are nowhere to be seen.
    MOON

great memories and a great buck your buddy shot .
    Rocket ,Trophy Ridge ,Stryker Crossbows

Page 5 of 262 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast