Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2011-12 Women's Hunting Competition Rules.

Quote Originally Posted by ABQ_Chica View Post
    Awww, I can't believe it's over already. It was fun while it lasted.
    Congrats, Team 3! And nice photos, everyone.
    The competition goes to Feb 15 so we still have time for the sleepers to enter their kills. Anyone else...I thought Dee said she shot a buck? I don't think it was ever posted...
    In a world where you can be anything...be yourself.

You can agree with me...or you can be wrong!

Life is GOOD!

So when does this start up again i would live to enter!! Bowfishing def needs included

Oh sorry just seen your post still new to this whole thing thanks! Can't wait !

For Team #3 THANKS.... Congrats to ALL
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh yeah, Team 3 takes the title this year. That is a great buck Huntergirla. Not that it will change the standings of the competition...but what did he measure?

Congrats to team 3! Thanks to those who participated and hope to do it again later this year.

Life is GOOD!

I did get a buck, but without a computer couldn't figure out how to post it from my phone.
    Congrats to each and everyone of the ladies!! What a wonderful way to pass the winter and hunting months.
    New Breed Archery Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff, Vortex Field Staff, Dead Center Archery Staff Shooter, BowJax Staff Shooter, Vaportrail Silver Staff
    "A drinking camp with a hunting problem....yup, that's it!"

New Breed Genetix

Congrats not only to Team 3 but to everyone!

Until next year....
    ~2011 Elite Hunter RT AP 25" DL, 52/53 lb, QAD HDX, CJ Mark I, Beman ICS Hunter 500s~
    ~2013 Elite Hunter Black Riser/Snow Camo Limbs 25.5" DL, 50lb-ish , VT Limbdriver Pro, Black Gold Widowmaker, GT Velocity XT 500s~
    ~Trails Cams: P32, P41, S40, SpyPoint IR5~

Just curious if you gals have any suggestions as to ways to make this competition a bit more interesting? I would love to find sponsors willing to donate prizes. Maybe team prizes for the winning team? Maybe company sweatshirts or t-shirts, calls, wraps etc...Maybe a prize to the highest individual score???

Do you feel the easier it is to score more points makes it more interesting...like the robin hoods?

Several have mentioned bow fishing?

Should there be limits on the different ways to score? ie. Shoot and score on everything possible. If you are able to shoot two bucks and countless does, should you be able to score on all of them? No limits to the amount of critters and so on....

Do you all like the smaller teams or should we make fewer teams with more gals on each team? Maybe like 4 or 5 teams? This may be harder to find sponsors...easier to give out 4-5 sweatshirts than 10-12.

I think everyone was able to get the dates on their pictures...should this be a requirement? Personally, i think it's a good idea, but was wondering what everyone else thought???

Now is the time to make changes...let me know what you all think!

Life is GOOD!

I think Bragging rights is more than enough fun, not to say that I am against the prize idea but I think we all look forward to each others post more than anything.

I think robin hoods should be included.

I don't bow fish, but sure why not include it.

As far as no limits go? I think we need to have limits this could get out of control real fast w/o limits

I personally like the smaller teams 4 to 5 rather than bigger teams. I think finding sponsors could be tough????

Thanks so much Alpha Doe, you did a great job with the competition, looking forward to joining a team again this fall.

I think posting the date in our photos is a great idea, think we should keep that going.

That's awesome that Team 3 won!!! But congrats goes out to all who participated on another great season!

To answer some of Alpha's questions--

I think bragging rights are a fine prize!

I also think robbin hoods should be counted because for most of us, they're pretty tough to achieve.

If you count bow fishing, I would do it similiar to small game, where a fish is worth x points and there is a limit.

I do think there should be limits like there currently are. Every state is different so you would hate to punish some who lives in a state where you can only get one buck as opposed to a state where you can get a lot more.
    Bowtech Experience

Genesis 27:3
    "Now then, please take your gear, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me;"

Just wondering what everyones doe situation is? Do you have limits? Maybe we could do something like first doe 50, second doe 40, third doe 30....

The reason I ask is because, although the more points scored...the more complicated it becomes. But, the more points scored and the more oppotunities to score more points the more fun it becomes. Do you all feel that way...or do you like fewer points?

Maybe some way to come up with bonus points...Maybe 50 extra points for a picture of you gutting the deer (just throwing ideas out)

Life is GOOD!

Good call on the "every state is different limit" CricKetKiller, didn't even cross my mind.

Alpha doe I like your doe scoring idea as well as the possible "bonus points" for gutting a deer to get extra points.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Doe View Post
    Just curious if you gals have any suggestions as to ways to make this competition a bit more interesting? I would love to find sponsors willing to donate prizes. Maybe team prizes for the winning team? Maybe company sweatshirts or t-shirts, calls, wraps etc...Maybe a prize to the highest individual score???Do you feel the easier it is to score more points makes it more interesting...like the robin hoods?

Several have mentioned bow fishing?

Should there be limits on the different ways to score? ie. Shoot and score on everything possible. If you are able to shoot two bucks and countless does, should you be able to score on all of them? No limits to the amount of critters and so on....

Do you all like the smaller teams or should we make fewer teams with more gals on each team? Maybe like 4 or 5 teams? This may be harder to find sponsors...easier to give out 4-5 sweatshirts than 10-12.

I think everyone was able to get the dates on their pictures...should this be a requirement? Personally, i think it's a good idea, but was wondering what everyone else thought???

Now is the time to make changes...let me know what you all think!
    I had a person donate prizes for the 1st place team one year and NOBODY would send me their address. So, I pretty much gave up on trying to get more sponsors. It was useless if nobody would send me their addy.
    But if you would like to try, wish you well!
    New Breed Archery Staff, Mossy Oak Pro Staff, Vortex Field Staff, Dead Center Archery Staff Shooter, BowJax Staff Shooter, Vaportrail Silver Staff
    "A drinking camp with a hunting problem....yup, that's it!"

New Breed Genetix

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234