Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 76 to 95 of 95

Thread: Official Sign-Up Thread for the Women's Competition

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Located exactly 42.75 mil
    Posts
    7,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Doe View Post
    If it is ok with you, I will just draw a lucky team to add you to...Unless there is enough for another team. No one else has asked so I'm not sure if there would be enough? I'm sure no one would object to having an extra player on their team. If anyone objects send me a pm...otherwise I'll pick the lucky team tonight!
    That would be great...I don't even know how much I will hunt...I may just sit in a tree and cry all season...
    Welcome to Tennessee....Patron state of shooting stuff

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Pike County, Illinois
    Posts
    2,003
    Sometimes that is the best place to do such a thing. Then when you least expect it that big buck will walk in and surprise you.
    In a world where you can be anything...be yourself.

    You can agree with me...or you can be wrong!

    Life is GOOD!

  3. #78
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Missoula, MT
    Posts
    18,644
    Quote Originally Posted by absolutecool View Post
    That would be great...I don't even know how much I will hunt...I may just sit in a tree and cry all season...
    Glad your joining the competition Shanna. And out in nature is the best place to relax and get a new perspective on life. I'm betting you and I are quite a bit alike, and that is what I did.......got out and just enjoyed all nature had to offer.
    As for that early text ya sent.............

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    minnesota
    Posts
    5,225
    Maybe she could be on my team and I could be the extra as I have no idea what is going to happen with my hubby? I guess I haven't explained here but I let my team know. My hubby hasn't been feeling well and he has been spending alot of time outside and in the woods. He had a deer tick and thought he got something from that. Went to the doctor and was given a blood test for tick diseases and medication. He was not feeling better in a couple days and his eye started to get puffy. He went back to the doctor but his main doc wasn't there so he saw his assistant. Meanwhile the blood work came back negative. The PA didn't want to mess with it and sent him to get a CT the next day. He went for the CT in the morning and after lunch was called back for a 2nd CT the same day that was more detailed. Then was sent to the ENT specialist the next day. They found a tumor in his nose, all sinus cavities, wrapped around his left eye and it has eaten through his skull and is pushing against his brain. The specialist immediatly sent him to the emergency room at the U of M where he had a complete MRI and had a biopsy to check for cancer. Still no results on the biopsy. If it is benign he still has to have extensive surgery to remove it that will be both through his nose and through his skull. He may also have to have plastic surgery and some of the bones in his face replaced because it has eaten some of the bone in his nose, cheeks and forehead. So, I am asking those of you who are religious to send some prayers our way. Thanks.
    Oak Ridge Archery, Dead Center Archery Products, Gold Tip, Vapor Trail

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Located exactly 42.75 mil
    Posts
    7,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubby'smom View Post
    Maybe she could be on my team and I could be the extra as I have no idea what is going to happen with my hubby? I guess I haven't explained here but I let my team know. My hubby hasn't been feeling well and he has been spending alot of time outside and in the woods. He had a deer tick and thought he got something from that. Went to the doctor and was given a blood test for tick diseases and medication. He was not feeling better in a couple days and his eye started to get puffy. He went back to the doctor but his main doc wasn't there so he saw his assistant. Meanwhile the blood work came back negative. The PA didn't want to mess with it and sent him to get a CT the next day. He went for the CT in the morning and after lunch was called back for a 2nd CT the same day that was more detailed. Then was sent to the ENT specialist the next day. They found a tumor in his nose, all sinus cavities, wrapped around his left eye and it has eaten through his skull and is pushing against his brain. The specialist immediatly sent him to the emergency room at the U of M where he had a complete MRI and had a biopsy to check for cancer. Still no results on the biopsy. If it is benign he still has to have extensive surgery to remove it that will be both through his nose and through his skull. He may also have to have plastic surgery and some of the bones in his face replaced because it has eaten some of the bone in his nose, cheeks and forehead. So, I am asking those of you who are religious to send some prayers our way. Thanks.
    Wow....prayers going up now!!
    Welcome to Tennessee....Patron state of shooting stuff

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Pike County, Illinois
    Posts
    2,003
    Sorry to hear this news...Prayers are being sent ASAP.

    As for the teams we will just place Shanna on Stubby'smom team. That is team 9 You two can both contribute whenever/whatever you can. Prayers for both of you gals...
    In a world where you can be anything...be yourself.

    You can agree with me...or you can be wrong!

    Life is GOOD!

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Located exactly 42.75 mil
    Posts
    7,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Doe View Post
    Sorry to hear this news...Prayers are being sent ASAP.

    As for the teams we will just place Shanna on Stubby'smom team. That is team 9 You two can both contribute whenever/whatever you can. Prayers for both of you gals...
    Thanks for the delayed entry!
    Welcome to Tennessee....Patron state of shooting stuff

  8. #83
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Missoula, MT
    Posts
    18,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubby'smom View Post
    Maybe she could be on my team and I could be the extra as I have no idea what is going to happen with my hubby? I guess I haven't explained here but I let my team know. My hubby hasn't been feeling well and he has been spending alot of time outside and in the woods. He had a deer tick and thought he got something from that. Went to the doctor and was given a blood test for tick diseases and medication. He was not feeling better in a couple days and his eye started to get puffy. He went back to the doctor but his main doc wasn't there so he saw his assistant. Meanwhile the blood work came back negative. The PA didn't want to mess with it and sent him to get a CT the next day. He went for the CT in the morning and after lunch was called back for a 2nd CT the same day that was more detailed. Then was sent to the ENT specialist the next day. They found a tumor in his nose, all sinus cavities, wrapped around his left eye and it has eaten through his skull and is pushing against his brain. The specialist immediatly sent him to the emergency room at the U of M where he had a complete MRI and had a biopsy to check for cancer. Still no results on the biopsy. If it is benign he still has to have extensive surgery to remove it that will be both through his nose and through his skull. He may also have to have plastic surgery and some of the bones in his face replaced because it has eaten some of the bone in his nose, cheeks and forehead. So, I am asking those of you who are religious to send some prayers our way. Thanks.
    Thoughts and prayers with you and your hubby! So sorry to hear this, if you need anything get in touch with me. I will place my cell number here, as most on AT have it anyways. 406-396-3468.........if you just need to talk, please don't hesitate to call.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    minnesota
    Posts
    5,225
    Wow, thanks! Sorry I haven't checked this thread in a few days. the tumor board is meeting today and we will find out a course of treatment later this afternoon.
    Oak Ridge Archery, Dead Center Archery Products, Gold Tip, Vapor Trail

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    7,996
    hadn't been in here in a looonnng time . . Good luck everyone! If ya need an extra anywhere . . . . .

    ~~~MILES OF ARCHERY SMILES~~~
    Women's Forum Mod

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Pike County, Illinois
    Posts
    2,003
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryWoman View Post
    hadn't been in here in a looonnng time . . Good luck everyone! If ya need an extra anywhere . . . . .
    We have one other gal that is looking for a team...I'm gonna try to recruit a couple more and make one more team.
    In a world where you can be anything...be yourself.

    You can agree with me...or you can be wrong!

    Life is GOOD!

  12. #87
    I'll play if you need an extra. I've been a slacker too
    Prostring
    Sword Sights
    Carbon Express
    Dead Center Archery

  13. #88
    If ya'll have any more openings, I'd like to be on a team!

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Pike County, Illinois
    Posts
    2,003
    That makes 4...room for one more!
    In a world where you can be anything...be yourself.

    You can agree with me...or you can be wrong!

    Life is GOOD!

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sidney Center, NY
    Posts
    29
    I would like to join the team if you are still lacking one.



  16. #91
    I'm in sign me up

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    A Treestand
    Posts
    392
    I'm in I'm in!
    Non-Typical Bowhunter ~*~ LH Diamond Edge <3 45lbs/22 inch DL ~*~ Hipity hop down the bunny trail...
    CenterPunch Stabilizers Pro-Staffer <3 Slings n Things Pro-Staffer
    Midwest Custom Strings Pro-Staffer
    <3Team Antler Addicts

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    A Treestand
    Posts
    392
    Oh I just realized this is the thread from last year? Where's the new one, I want to play!
    Non-Typical Bowhunter ~*~ LH Diamond Edge <3 45lbs/22 inch DL ~*~ Hipity hop down the bunny trail...
    CenterPunch Stabilizers Pro-Staffer <3 Slings n Things Pro-Staffer
    Midwest Custom Strings Pro-Staffer
    <3Team Antler Addicts

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Summerfield, OH. in SE Ohio
    Posts
    64
    Count me in!

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
    Posts
    294
    Count me in.
    2005 Martin Tigress LT (50 lb)
    1968 Bear Grizzly
    Put me in a stand or blind and life is GOOD!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •