Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: peep sight,tube or no tube?

peep sight,tube or no tube?

I purchased a predator iv pendulum sight and ordered the perfect circle peep sight for it.I used a peep directly attached to the string prior.Is there a big difference .in the two.The new peep has the tubing.Give me your thoughts and thanks.

Tubes are for old TV's. Lose the tube.

I don't like the tube myself. It only takes a little bit of twisting the string to get it to line up.

The only advantage to the tube is that it is less likely to fail in the field. A peep that was aligned great all summer could get a bit flaky if the string gets damp or cold or whatever. I've not had that problem but I guess it could happen.

No tube. Seems to be louder with the tube and then there is always the chance that the tube may snap at a bad time and slap you in the face. Have seen it happen a few times to my friends while shooting 3D.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. Plato
    2013 Hoyt Spyder Turbo, 413 gr Gold Tip XT's, 307 fps, TT Smackdown, BG Ascent

No Tube ....
    HOYT HAVOC-TEC,EXTREME RT900,DROP ZONE ,MUZZY 3 BLADE,ACC 3-49
    HOYT AM32,VIPER H1000,DROP ZONE ,MUZZY MX3 ,TROPHY RIDGE CRUSH 400

US Army 1981 - 1989

No tube

I have always used the tube without problems.I replace it before every hunting season.Once i find something that works well for me,I dont change unless i have a problem.I have seen way to many people have to line the peep up before nocking an arrow,or using there mouth to line it up.Having it not line up one time is to much for me.But thats just me.
    Team 2 Double down

No tube = no face slap

I personally hate tube peeps and don't use them. Loud and frankly just look jakey. BUT.... I did put that style on my gf's bow because she's a relatively new shooter/hunter and I want it to line up every time without her having to figure it out.

No tube. Mine were dry rotting and sometimes snag in the woods. Plus if it breaks when your hunting SOL!
    Mathews Drenalin
    Viper sight
    Rip cord "Code Red" drop away
    Gold Tip Hunter XT 5575
    Rage 2 blade

I went to the tubeless with my new strings, had a tube reinsalled because I do not want any peep-string rotation.

No tubes!!!!
    '08 Hoyt Seven37 29" 70lbs, Sword, Ripcord, G5 Meta, Vapor Trail, Beman, Magnus Buzzcuts, Fletchunter Shorty, B-Stinger.

"I had my hands in the river, my feet back up on the bank, looked up to the Lord above and said, hey man thanks!"

I have the ability to shoot "Huge expandable broadheads!"

i want it to line up every time i pull it back. tube for me
    Proud Shooter of Breathn Built bows
    John's Custom Archery Killing Staff
    Stormy Hardwoods Camo

Thanks to everyone for giving me their thoughts.I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that someone else had this same peep sight and just removed the tubing and said it worked fine.I've heard elsewhere about tubing being louder and I've never shot one with tubing.My old peep was right on the string.Has anybody else taken the tubing off of a peep that originally had a tube connected?Thanks again

NO Tube. But no rotation requires good quality strings. No tube also gains up to 5 fps.

tube lines upp shot better
    06' Mathews Switchback XT 70lbs 27in DL
    09' Elite Z28 70lbs 27in DL Realtree AP
    HHA OL-5510's Qad Rests
    Slick Trick Broadheads
    String and Tune By Tony219er Bow up Custom strings & Tuning

I dont want to be smacked in the eye or face! I removed the tube from my string and do not have any problems with my string or peep rotating.

I used to use a peep without tubing and had good luck and bad. Now I use a tube all the time because I want the peep to line up all the time no questions. I have seen with big temp variations where the tube will keep a peep lined up and without the tube, strings dont rotate the same in warm weather as cold weather. Just my opinion.

I've never used a tube - even shooting with fingers and dacron strings
    Mathews Drenalin

Tubes are for tops.
    A Child doesn't remember their best day of Television.. Take a Kid hunting.

I've had them break while I'm on stand. I now go tubeless.
    Hoyt Vectrix

No tube. Tubes are just a crutch to compensate for a problem.
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My bows have custom strings and the peeps do not rotate, but, on my hunting bows the tube stays.
    Call it backup insurance.
    Use high quality tube, make sure it is long enough so that you are not overstretching it (biggest fault I have seen on peoples bows) and change the tube regularly.
    That way you won't get breakages.
    Speed loss is over rated, I tested it out on my 3D bow, the removal of 45gr of tube and 8gr of peep aligner gave a massive 2fps speed gain, 293 to 295 wow!! (I did keep it off though).
    I haven't noticed much in the way of noise either, my 3D bow is noisier than my hunting bows, (and everyone keeps telling me how quiet my 3D bow is LoL).
    JMO, for what it is worth.

Kev
    AlienX, Next camo, 63lbs, 405gr@270fps, for bigger game.
    AlienX, Black/Skullz 60lbs, 340gr@300fps, AlienX, Next Camo, 56lb, 304gr@300fps, for 3D
    2003 Hoyt Razortec XT2000 63lb, 360gr@275fps, for 3D and light game.
    2008 Parker Trailblazer XP/Hoyt cam 1/2 Frankenbow 62lb,
    Samick T/D Recurve 50lb @ 28"

My first year hunting I used a tube. Last day, full draw on a doe at 15 yds. and it broke. I had just decided not to shoot it, but would have been ticked if it was a buck. went to a good string and a regular peep. If it is set up properly, ther is no need for a tube.

Tubes are terrible as they can rob accuracy and brake at any moment. Had the tube brake during a tournement. Put it back on , but now it was shorter so It was pulling on the string causing my arrows to go down and It took out my extra points otherwise I would have won. After that I went to work and installed a tubless peep.
    * Back Road Bowhunter *

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast