Quote Originally Posted by zap View Post
    How much moolah?
    $79.99
    Little Jon's Strings
    DARTON ARCHERY

Quote Originally Posted by Bowtechie View Post
    $79.99
    Not bad.

Looks like they are wrong on the weight. Each section with the strap weighs 3.3 lbs. They weigh 2.75 without the straps.
    Little Jon's Strings
    DARTON ARCHERY

These look pretty good don't they?

Is the slot bracket for the straps welded to the stick or can it be removed and a homemade LW versa type button be installed?
    The Kruncher™ Deer Call - Shooting Staff
    Look deep into nature and then you will understand everything better. - Albert Einstein
    457gr/27.5/70#/252fps

Quote Originally Posted by Okie X View Post
    These look pretty good don't they?

Is the slot bracket for the straps welded to the stick or can it be removed and a homemade LW versa type button be installed?
    The bracket can be removed by taking off one bolt.
    Little Jon's Strings
    DARTON ARCHERY

Well I took off 2 of the steps and with one of ZA206's UCR ropes they weigh 2.8 lbs apiece. Not bad. Still haven't used them but I don't expect to have any problems there. They will be nice to have 2 steps on the top.
    Little Jon's Strings
    DARTON ARCHERY

Just wanted to let everyone see what I ended up with. Took off 2 of the steps but still have 2 at the top. Took the bracket off and used a 2" by 1/4" bolt with a 1" nylon spacer for the UCR loops to hook over and the final weight is............... 2.5 lbs on the nose.
    A little work and extra money but they are light (priority) and work great.

Little Jon's Strings
    DARTON ARCHERY

Here are some close up pics of the mods for those that have been asking. The factory bracket is removed and I replaced the bolt with a 2 1/4 inch long 1/4" stainless bolt with a 1 inch nylon spacer and stainless washers and locking nuts. I got all the pieces from my local Lowes. I am going to add a bigger washer to the end under the nut.

Little Jon's Strings
    DARTON ARCHERY

How did the Leverage Sticks turn out with the ropes? Are they stable and quiet? how do they compare with the Lone Wolf sticks?

Does the bracket that goes against the tree move any like the lone wolfs do? Sure helps make the sticks more sturdy when installed.
    Athens Archery Factory Staff, TRU Ball Staff, Nimrod Pack Systems Field Staff
    Athens Accomplice 34 & Athens Recluse

I "Lone Wolfed" mine using both the versa button and tree bracket. I really like being able to stand with both feet side by side. Not as stackable as LW but i use a carry system that holds them in place fine for me. I have used them all season and no complaints yet. If only because of the double step I prefer them over my lone wolf steps.

Quote Originally Posted by johnmikerva View Post
    I "Lone Wolfed" mine using both the versa button and tree bracket. I really like being able to stand with both feet side by side. Not as stackable as LW but i use a carry system that holds them in place fine for me. I have used them all season and no complaints yet. If only because of the double step I prefer them over my lone wolf steps.
    Thanks for the response! In other words you added the Versa Button and left the Leverage "bent'' bracket in place? What type of strap did you use with the Versa Button? Also do you have a picture of your sticks? How stable are these compared to the Lone Wolf? I really am interested in doing what you have done to your sticks, I just ordered mine!

Look like they would be ok.
    If it looks like crap, smells like crap, tastes like crap, lies like crap; it’s more than likely a politician from Illinois.

Where can I order a set. The web doesn't show them.

Cabelas has them for 80.00

Quote Originally Posted by johnmikerva View Post
    I have to agree, what I did was made my own Versa Buttons with grade 8 hardware, put 2 in place on the existing bracket, used some nylon bushings to take up the slack between the bolt and brackets that came on the sticks. I really like them set up this way. I went out yesterday and bought some Lone Wolf sticks (139.00 plus tax) They are fine sticks I am sure, I locked one on the tree and tried it out. For my use I prefer the Leverage sticks. The double step is very nice and has some features not on other sticks, like the angled steps that allows more of your feet to contact the step.

What exactly are, and where do you get the "UCR loops?" ~ They look like the same pull through ropes that come on Cranfords.

Also, how do they stack with the mods? And does the "Lone-Wolf" conversion stack better than the UCR loop mod?
    --------------------------------
    "RoadTrips" Tree Saddle, Muddy Sticks & Petzl Aiders?..... "A Killer Combo!"
    My limbs are just fine.... Unlike the '02 TomKat that "detonated" (limbs failed twice) many years ago!

Well I hate to chime in on something that I don't own or have never used, but I weigh about 300 lbs and my buddy that has these leverage sticks weigh about 220 lbs. With that being said he has had 2 of the steps snap right off the stick while climbing. Now he is waiting on what Leverage is going to do for him. I think I will just stick to my lone wolf sticks.
    Mathews Drenalin 28" @ 72lbs
    QAD HD Rest in Realtree AP
    Carbon Express Maxima Hunters 350
    100 Grain G5 T3's
    HHA Sight

What are they rated for? You can get UCR ropes from za206 on here look him up.

Quote Originally Posted by clw020 View Post
    Well I hate to chime in on something that I don't own or have never used, but I weigh about 300 lbs and my buddy that has these leverage sticks weigh about 220 lbs. With that being said he has had 2 of the steps snap right off the stick while climbing. Now he is waiting on what Leverage is going to do for him. I think I will just stick to my lone wolf sticks.
    Well, sounds like they're a history lesson. Hope nobody ends up dead. ~ Under the circumstances, your friend was lucky.
    --------------------------------
    "RoadTrips" Tree Saddle, Muddy Sticks & Petzl Aiders?..... "A Killer Combo!"
    My limbs are just fine.... Unlike the '02 TomKat that "detonated" (limbs failed twice) many years ago!

Has anybody else had any luck good or bad with these sticks. I have picked up a hang on and now looking for a set of sticks. I am on the fence between the rapid rails and these.

Any updated 2011-12 woods Intel would be great!

Pig Pen....I have a set. I haven't tried the modifications but wouldn't recommend the sticks as they are. That snap is impossible to use quietly. I might not be too bad for something you plan to leave awhile but see issues if you are trying to be stealthy and hunt right away.

Get either gorilla or lone wolf sticks

Sent via smoke signal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12