Thread: Tri-Cities Tennesse Area Hunting

Tri-Cities Tennesse Area Hunting

Anyone with any knowledge with the hunting opportunities around the Tri-Cities Tennessee area (Bristol, Kingsport, Johnson City)? I was approached today about a job opportunity and was wondering what was going on up there. The position is actually in Abingdon, Va. Is it mostly National Forrest land and public hunting. Are there hunting clubs? Thanks for the help!

ttt

Don't know about that part of the state first hand. But I do believe there are plenty of Deer over on the Eastern side (turkeys and hogs too). I do have hunting property around your current location (Chester, Fairfield, prosperity, saluda, and Newberry). I can tell you plenty about those areas
    2010 Hoyt Maxxis 35 black out, 2010 Ben Pearson Advantage white/black
    Copper John Dead nuts A.N.T.S evolution 2, Viper scope
    QAD rest, Control Freak "steadilizers", doinker stabilizer
    Victory vforce V1 350s
    Victory X-Killers

Yeah, I know plenty about the also.

There are some good archery clubs and 3D shoots in that area. Pretty good hunting too. I'm right across the border in NC.
    ALIEN MAFIA

PM Sent

I live in this area and am very familiar with it, I think your looking on the wrong side of the state line, you asked about the hunting opportunities in the Tri-cities Tennessee area, almost zero public hunting opportunities here, The Tennessee friends I have mostly buy non-resident Virginia licenses and hunt in Virginia, that part of Tennessee has lots of private farmland with good numbers of whitetail not trophy country by any means but a good place to keep your freezer full of venison, if you plan on moving to Abingdon Va. you do have public options in the area, I don't know what kind of hunting you prefer but the Clinch mountain WMA is close with lots of remote mountain hunting, not near as many deer but the potential for a trophy buck is far greater in these remote mountains, this is the type hunting I prefer but it may not be for you.............Good luck...........Hillbilly.